GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There's only one emoji you need when it comes to politics ?

I just think it brings unnecessary negativity upon himself. 

Well my emoji and N' comment was meant as a joke, but yes, I just don't want him to attract the wrong kind of attention to himself and the band right now either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

The Axl tweets aside, It seems everyone is voicing their displeasure though aren't they? It seems to me it just encourages more hate and dissent amongst people to continually go on and on about how they do not accept this President and if you voted for him you MUST be racist, instead of accepting the will of the majority and the democratic process that put him in there. At least that is my take on it over here in another country, and I do see the irony in that.

See, that's the hard part about all this. The majority voice didn't count in this instance. Our process is as follows....

The public votes, but so does the electoral college. A nomianee can win the popular vote but still lose the election.

• Like 1

You are referring to his tweet about Pence and Trump calling it a "harrassment". I find Axl's tweet pretty ok. Not really eloquent and therefore somewhat besides the point but still adequate and right. I like personal opinionated (or emotional) tweets more than merely "Thank you Brazil" or tweets like that.

Axl having a problem with Slash or not. Only time will tell. I feel a love somewhat restrained between the two. They will never be as they were 25 years and more ago. But as far as we can see, they are doing great together and they seem to really try. 

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Well my emoji and N' comment was meant as a joke, but yes, I just don't want him to attract the wrong kind of attention to himself and the band right now either.

I know I laughed :P

I won't pretend I know anything at all about politics cos I don't, so I've no idea what he's  rattling on about. 

I struggled to understand Brexit :lol:

5 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

See, that's the hahe majority voice didn't count in this instance. Our process is as follows....

The public votes, but so does the electoral college. A nomianee can win the popular vote but still lose the election.

Ok, confusing :)  Although I do think my main point of propagating dissent and hate through social media still stands.

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I know I laughed :P

I won't pretend I know anything at all about politics cos I don't, so I've no idea what he's  rattling on about. 

I struggled to understand Brexit :lol:

Ok good..I'm not always so good with the jokes!

And it's ok, Im still wondering why the heck the Queen is on my quarter.. ;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I understand the frustration. The worst possible candidate is now the president of our country. A good portion of Americans are not happy about it. We feel slighted and fear for our future. That's why he is getting those likes and tweets. He is being brave enough to say what some won't.

The candidates come out of the society that produce them so instead of complaining about him, the Americans should sit down and think how a person like this becomes President. It is funny everybody's getting their panties in a bunch after the guy won an election but never cared before for people like him.

Trump was not born yesterday. He's walked a long way. Who allowed him to walk that way to the Presidency? I remember people laughing at him, thinking he was just a joke. What a blind society to not see this coming.

And I don't see anything brave with someone who is a millionaire and has all the means to say whatever he wants without any consequences, like for example, losing his job or being politically persecuted.

9 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

And saying that Axl knows nothing about politics is a bold statement, especially considering that I haven't seen much evidence supporting or opposing it yet. Unless... did ya'll met him in person and gave him a pop quiz...? :confused:

A person who is 54 years old and never voted does not seem to me like someone expert in politics.

A person who never leaves his house and is not aware of the problems of the people does not seem to me like someone who understands politics.

When media decides a person is the devil, there's a stupid tendency for a lot of people to go with the flow and jump on the bandwagon.

I don't know much about Trump, I'm not American and I have no vote or voice in his election but I can recognize when people do shit just because and I feel like lots of people are joining this "let's shit on Trump" trend because saying you support him is unpopular and no ones want to be unpopular.

Most of these people just speak out through Twitter or Facebook because that's the easier way to not compromise. If you're really against something, specially things that involve politics, you gotta get out to the street and protest. Show your body and face. That's why to me most of the artists and other people jumping on this bandwagon are fucking clowns.

If they want a change they should start changing their lives and making changes in their own hometowns and communities. 

You've got the President you deserve.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

The Axl tweets aside, It seems everyone is voicing their displeasure though aren't they? It seems to me it just encourages more hate and dissent amongst people to continually go on and on about how they do not accept this President and if you voted for him you MUST be racist, instead of accepting the will of the majority and the democratic process that put him in there. At least that is my take on it over here in another country, and I do see the irony in that.

This. He won, this is it. This is how democracy works. Everybody throwing hissy tantrums because that is not what they wanted is not standing up for democracy but exactly the opposite.

And Axl is suddenly so engaged now cause he has a Brazilian mummy. Twenty something years ago he didn't have one so he didn't care that someone else might have had or that Slash had a black mother in who's house he even lived. A bit of double standards here.

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The candidates come out of the society that produce them so instead of complaining about him, the Americans should sit down and think how a person like this becomes President. It is funny everybody's getting their panties in a bunch after the guy won an election but never cared before for people like him.

Trump was not born yesterday. He's walked a long way. Who allowed him to walk that way to the Presidency? I remember people laughing at him, thinking he was just a joke. What a blind society to not see this coming.

And I don't see anything brave with someone who is a millionaire and has all the means to say whatever he wants without any consequences, like for example, losing his job or being politically persecuted.

A person who is 54 years old and never voted does not seem to me like someone expert in politics.

A person who never leaves his house and is not aware of the problems of the people does not seem to me like someone who understands politics.

When media decides a person is the devil, there's a stupid tendency for a lot of people to go with the flow and jump on the bandwagon.

I don't know much about Trump, I'm not American and I have no vote or voice in his election but I can recognize when people do shit just because and I feel like lots of people are joining this "let's shit on Trump" trend because saying you support him is unpopular and no ones want to be unpopular.

Most of these people just speak out through Twitter or Facebook because that's the easier way to not compromise. If you're really against something, specially things that involve politics, you gotta get out to the street and protest. Show your body and face. That's why to me most of the artists and other people jumping on this bandwagon are fucking clowns.

If they want a change they should start changing their lives and making changes in their own hometowns and communities. 

You've got the President you deserve.

Okay.....let me explain the process....

We the public vote for who we want, we have something called the electoral college that is made up of a seperate council.  There are two outcomes....the popular public vote and the electoral college vote. The popular vote would have had Hillary in office but this seperate council outvoiced what the public wanted.

3 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Okay.....let me explain the process....

We the public vote for who we want, we have something called the electoral college that is made up of a seperate council.  There are two outcomes....the popular public vote and the electoral college vote. The popular vote would have had Hillary in office but this seperate council outvoiced what the public wanted.

Regardless of this ridiculous and non sense electoral process.... a guy like Trump is not born from a califleur, right?

Where was Trump born? Where was he educated? Where did he become a millionaire and a powerful man?

Trump is the result of the American society. He's not an alien who just landed from his spaceship to take over your government. All of you made this guy and now all of you have to deal with it.

Looks like all of you were pretty comfortable with the existence of the electoral college before this election, right? What happened now? It is the same old bullshit with a different flavor you don't like now, all of a sudden.

Had you moved your asses decades ago to have this system changed, you would have the President your population wanted (or the previous ones were not wanted either?)

You'be got the president you deserve. You've got the electoral system you deserve. Blame it on your inaction.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If the "let's shit on Trump" was such a popular opinion then how did he get voted president? 

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

A lot of assumptions there, though I do agree with the voting thing.

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

People have been doing that but that's besides the point. I can appreciate why you wouldn't want "some millionaire" butting into politics that affects the average joe. However, I for one appreciate artists and celebrities speaking out (even if it might not come from a genuine place), because it means that they are using their mass influence for something that matters as opposed to the usual superficial bullshit.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You see, that could be applied to Axl himself as well.

I get some people wanting art and music and entertainment in general to be purely for escapism purpose, and free of depressing real world problems such as politics. But you can't control the artist so... :shrugs:

• Like 1