GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Just now, SerenityScorp said:

@MillionsOfSpiders Well even without His promotion GN'R hype is so big

Thts not normal for Axl to promote something on His twitter

But it is how most celebrities use twitter.

Funny that Axl doesn't follow anyone on twitter but it's probably for the best. He probably also has all of his notifications turned off which is probably why he hasn't risen to the bait and initiated a twitter war yet. <_<

The tension in this thread is too damn high right now...What the hell is happening? Easy Izzy everyone :hug: I hope Slash and Axl share a moment or hug or kiss actually  on tonight's show, so this thread can go back to its normal talking.

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

The tension in this thread is too damn high right now...What the hell is happening? Easy Izzy everyone :hug: I hope Slash and Axl share a moment or hug or kiss actually  on tonight's show, so this thread can go back to its normal talking.

How do You strikethrought text?

7 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Makes Me thinking, Slash probably envy with Adler all the time on the early days because Drummer can see Axl's ass everytime especially when He was wearing chapless pants:smiley-confused2:

I've always liked that story. :lol: Coincidentally, I got a shirt the other day from Winners with almost this exact pic of Axl for only $13.00. Super deal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

@killuridols at first I wasn't taking it personally, but now I am. Yes I think some of the comments are very fucking hateful. Let's put the band issue aside for a moment and look at the fact that you and @Asia both attacked me and my country because of my opinion....but I'm supposed to 'deal or get out' because I disagree with some of the things being said?  My temper is one of a slow boil and I am trying very hard to keep it down. I will only ask nicely once....don't come for me again....I will not be run off  by you or anyone else.

:rolleyes:

Please... 

Addressing your comments is attacking you? Ok, then. I guess I will decide right now that you are attacking me because you are talking to me :question:

I'm sorry you took it that way. You must be way too sensitive  or not used to debate in order to feel that way. So suggesting that you stay out of it, it isn't a bad idea after all.

I didn't attack you, or meant to attack you nor your country. I don't see how that is possible. 

No one is running you off from anything, but look at you and the way you reacted. No one else reacted like you did. In all honesty, I feel that you are not suitable for the debate we are having here and suggesting that you remain neutral or stay out of it is merely giving you a good advice because you are apparently trying hard to keep your cool and you shouldn't feel like that.

Im not holding anything inside. I'm calmed and I will keep talking about this topic that it is of my interest as long as I have peers who are willing to talk about it too. I don't see any attacks going on, just people with strong opinions and positions and people who can hold a debate without losing it.

Please, don't threaten us. Just decide what you want to do. Voice your opinion and back it up if you feel like it but don't tell us to stop talking about something when most of the participants have been able to reply each to each other in an adult manner.

45 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Now see, this is actually an interesting point of conversation. Are artists only relatable to the masses with material that was written pre-fame? Is it even worth-it to release anything else since they would never be able to write anything deep or meaningful now that they are millionaires living a cushy celebrity life?

No. There are plenty of examples of artists who are still able to release meaningful pieces of art, after years and years of fame.

It depends on how the person chose to live and what to do with that fame.

Of all GN'R members, I think Izzy may be the only one who's remained true to his roots and simple life. He wrote that 'FP Money' that may or may not be an statement about his former band mates but I think it is interesting.

39 minutes ago, Frey said:

How is anyone supposed to go into depth about subjects like that on twitter? Not really the right platform for it. He just tweeted his thoughts like millions of other people did, there's no need for him to "keep it in his head" or to make a big deal out of it. And so what if his thoughts on that subject aren't particularly insightful, new or deep? He's a musician (and not even the smartest one in the bunch), no one expects him to come up with anything like that anyway.

And yes, celebrities making public comments on various issues do have a certain influence over people (at least a certain segment of people). You might not belong into that category, but there are more than enough dumb people, gullible people, young people, etc. who let their opinions and thoughts be swayed and influenced by whatever their favorite celebs or idols say.

Your very hands-on idea of politics is idealistic, but not something that's realistic for the majority of people. Most people have to work to survive in a capitalist system (or have other responsibilities) and don't have the time to "walk the streets" or protest. Which is why most people only end up talking and complaining about politics instead of actively going out and doing what you suggest. So why should I hold Axl to a higher standard than everyone else? Again, he's just some musician in an 80s band at the end of the day.

Also, if reading does not give you knowledge about politics, how are you  (as someone who doesn't live in the US and presumably has only read or heard about everything going on relating to the US elections) then qualified to make comments like the ones you made to @Rocketqueen76? Because those were awfully harsh and not something I can agree with at all.

- The art of saying meaningful things in a few words is what Twitter is about. There are lots of accounts with amazing intelligent content earning thousands of likes and retweets everytime they post. But if Axl wanted to say something longer and more developed he has the GN'R Facebook notes, which he has used in the past to post his letter to the HOF or to the President of Indonesia.

- Why shouldn't I expect something interesting or insightful from the man who wrote lyrics like 'Estranged', 'Coma' or 'Civil War'? (Your argument is poor, sorry)

- No, you're totally wrong. My hands-on idea of politics is not idealistic. This is how you do it when you are actively involved and really immersed in the field. Just because you don't do it, doesn't mean that millions others do not. 

Are you really saying that we don't have jobs? :lol:

You gotta be kidding me... Um, we DO have jobs and a life but you know what? After we are done with the work hours, instead of going home to watch some lame soap opera on TV, we leave the office or the factory or wherever we work at and join other peeps and voice out our discomfort to the media and the government, in the streets, with our horns and our banners, out in the open for everybody to see and hear.

When you want to support something or do something to provoke a change, you do it. You find the time and place. There are plenty of political and communitarian activities anyone can do in a small scale, which is part of a bigger picture. You don't need a lot of spare time in your life to participate in politics. It only takes the will to do it.

- As for my comments to RocketQueen76, I have not read much about the USA presidential election but as a current student of a Master's degree program for Social Science, I have plenty of background in political and social matters and what I said to her has nothing to do with politics per se. It was more related to how I think people like Trump get to become President while it feels like the society that created him was sleeping all this time and now they woke up, when it is too late.

The social and political division the USA is going through now is nothing new to me, since every step of this pattern I have lived in my own country with a similar outcome. It's not that hard to transpolate one situation to another, acknowledging all the differences we may have with the American society, there's a pattern that is transversal to a wide variety of nations in the world.

• Like 1