GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks! How did you do that?

Do you use google chrome? Right-click > Copy image address - Then just paste it into your comment/reply.

On a side note, can anyone tell me if; A) This is quote is real and B) Which interview it's from? I feel like I should know this but I am becoming forgetful in my old age...

tumblr_n2i09bfawN1si2z6zo3_r3_400.gif tumblr_n2i09bfawN1si2z6zo4_r3_400.gif 

This is so fuckin cute and stupid...

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Frey said:

I don't give a fuck about Axl being a millionaire, an artist, not personally affected by Trump, or whatever, he has a right to express his opinion like everybody else. Like Kira said, I much prefer celebrities using their influence for what they believe in rather than just spouting the usual superficial crap.

And I also much prefer him getting political or outspoken about some issue or another to the endless stream of "Thank you X, Y, blablablabla..." tweets. I couldn't care less about these.

His Hamilton tweet makes perfect sense by the way and he's spot on with it imo. Hamilton's a musical known for its diverse cast and they directed a couple of (not even very harsh) words at Mike Pence who attended the musical (god knows why) at the end of the show. I feel the same way as Axl does about Pence and Trump crying "harassment" because the very people whose life they like to make difficult politely asked them to consider the rights and protection of all Americans, not just those of white male Christians. Absolutely ridiculous.

Speaking of, future vice president Mike Pence is a Christian fundamentalist whackjob from Indiana of the kind who thinks god gave us the earth to use and abuse as we see fit, and when our planet finally dies, Jesus will come and take us away, so why bother with environmental protection? He also was personally responsible for an AIDS outbreak in Indiana because he decided people should just pray for drug addicts instead of giving them access to clean needles.

Is anyone here really surprised that ultra-Christian whackjobs from Indiana would piss Axl off?

And Axl knowing nothing about politics? If I had to bet, I'd put my money on Axl knowing way more about politics than the average American (which isn't saying much, granted, but still...). Axl reads a lot and it's obvious he's aware of a lot of things going on all over the world (even really obscure stuff at times). Plus he's friends with Duff aka "Mr. Armchair historian", as he recently called himself. If Axl spends any time at all talking to Duff, there's no way these two don't get into politics, history, social issues, etc. because that seems to be the #1 topic Duff gets passionate about (aside from music and his family).

Did anyone read Duff's latest column by the way? I knew it wouldn't be long before Duff would share his thoughts on everything going on right now.

(Also why is Axl the only one getting criticized here for getting into politics when Duff and Slash have made their opinions perfectly clear as well? Axl didn't even write an entire column about it or wear a shirt depicting Trump being shot in the head.)

I'm sorry Frey but I have to :rofl-lol: at this part of your response and I will explain why.

No one is saying Axl doesn't have a right to express his opinion on Twitter or wherever but having that right doesn't necessarily means you have to use it everytime. Sometimes some opinions are better kept inside your head.

What Axl tweeted about Trump or the election lately is not even an opinion. It's just "comments" with zero depth on the subjects. He told Trump to stop whining, lol, the king of whine says that to someone else and of course, it's really hilarious.

He's not using his influence for anything, really and that's sad. Please enlighten us what is Axl doing to help the people in his country? I think it's possible that he does some charity and no one knows about it, but charity is easy to do without getting involved.

I will believe in an Axl politically involved when I see him WALKING THE STREETS and connecting to people face to face, eye to eye, talking to them about their problems. Anything else is plain opinion and with opinions you don't change the world.

Reading about politics doesn't give your knowledge about politics. You can learn a lot of things, read history and stuff but real politics are played in the field, in the streets, going out and talking to people, when you visit a poor neighborhood and see what is like to live there. Being politically involved means being ACTIVE and no one is politically active behind the monitor of a computer or a cellphone.

Reading about how women have it so bad in the Middle East doesn't make me an expert in Middle East issues or will give me great insight about their problems.

I did read Duff's column that you mention and I didn't like it. I think it's badly written and he doesn't set a position for anything, as usual. The guy can't even openly say if he's for or against guns possession in the USA.

I was really disappointed from reading his stuff but at the same time I know I shouldn't expect much from these musicians. They lack education and formation in social science so.... That's it. 

Slash has not said anything either, other than wearing that stupid shirt, which is the easiest thing. Just put on a shirt on with a polemic image. Ok. If that's what politics means to him, then so be it. :shrugs:

My final conclusion is that this band better stay away from politics because they will end up embarrassing themselves and their fans. They have nothing intelligent, deep or interesting to say. Any of them.

3 hours ago, Asia said:

Actually what you call hysteria is something I immediately see happening whenever anyone dares to criticize Axl. There must be millions of reasons he doesn't do this or that - mental illnesses, depressions, secret workings of the evil spirits, the presence of wives (who are now absent by the way) or whatever while in fact the simple answer might be he is an arrogant dick at least to the point that he prefers the company of his ass-kissing servants nad people paid by them to entertain him rather than the company of normal people like his band - be it Slash or Duff or Fortus or Frank - all of them seem pretty normal people.

I liked your reply but I wanted to say that only til the first period. :lol:

Axl, he is neurotic like many people, like myself :unsure: This personality trait oftenly makes us pass for arrogants when in fact it's just a problem we have being unable to cope with a lot of people. It's sort of a mental disease and sometimes you can't deal not even with the closest people in your family.

From my personal experience, he didn't leave the room of his hotel in Buenos Aires either. He didn't hang out with TB in the lobby or anywhere else.

Members of the band did a lot of activities but not everybody went out together at the same time either. Slash and Meegan hung out and Duff, Susan and Steven Adler. But then Duff and Susan were invited for dinner to the American Embassy, so they did that on themselves.

Del, Kat, the personal trainer and others hung around the city separately and TB too. Fernando was here alone, without wife and baby, so he hung out with Vanessa, her husband and kid but he was mostly inside the hotel, although not all the time with Axl.

I have information that Axl slept and remained in his room most of the time. I don't know what he does or why but I guess it could be due to his depression or just because he doesn't feel like going out. 

2 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

You know, I joined this thread because I wanted to get away from all the negativity floating around the internet concerning this band and it's members.....I guess I failed on that front :shrugs:  If you say you're a fan, why come on a platform like this and make hateful comments? It makes no sense to me.

who is making hateful comments? Critical thinking is not hateful thinking.

This thread says Women's Discussion in the title. And that's what it is: a thread to discuss GNR things from the female point of view. Being a female in 2016 does not mean kissing ass, smiling and pleasing men. Most of us here have a strong view on a variety of topics and there are different opinions from all ages, countries and cultural backgrounds.

You will have to deal with it or stay out, if you don't feel like getting into arguments you can always stay neutral or wait until the next topic comes. But you can't tell us to not discuss among each other because this is what we've been doing since the beginning of the thread.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

What concerns me is that Beta doesn't seem to see anything wrong with Axl holing up in his hotel room for weeks at a time, while she and her family go on outings and adventures.

But then again, Beta also didn't see anything wrong with letting Axl stick with Yoda and blaming Slash for everything instead of getting him actual, real help for his issues.

Also thanks @dgnr for always translating shit for us. It's good to have someone around who can tell us more about what's coming out of TB's mouths.

If Beta sees something wrong with Axl holing up in the hotel she won't be telling this to the fans. And to me it's a relief to know that TB goes out by themselves leaving Axl some space to do whatever he wants to do.

Living with a depressed person is hell and just because they don't want to go out this doesn't mean you have to put your life on stop because of them. Young TB are young and have little kids. It is normal they want to go out and do outdoors activities, especially when they have kids they can't keep locked up in the room of a hotel.

To be honest I can't really figure out when Beta says that Axl stays in his room all the time but we know he does.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry Frey but I have to :rofl-lol: at this part of your response and I will explain why.

No one is saying Axl doesn't have a right to express his opinion on Twitter or wherever but having that right doesn't necessarily means you have to use it everytime. Sometimes some opinions are better kept inside your head.

What Axl tweeted about Trump or the election lately is not even an opinion. It's just "comments" with zero depth on the subjects. He told Trump to stop whining, lol, the king of whine says that to someone else and of course, it's really hilarious.

He's not using his influence for anything, really and that's sad. Please enlighten us what is Axl doing to help the people in his country? I think it's possible that he does some charity and no one knows about it, but charity is easy to do without getting involved.

I will believe in an Axl politically involved when I see him WALKING THE STREETS and connecting to people face to face, eye to eye, talking to them about their problems. Anything else is plain opinion and with opinions you don't change the world.

Reading about politics doesn't give your knowledge about politics. You can learn a lot of things, read history and stuff but real politics are played in the field, in the streets, going out and talking to people, when you visit a poor neighborhood and see what is like to live there. Being politically involved means being ACTIVE and no one is politically active behind the monitor of a computer or a cellphone.

Reading about how women have it so bad in the Middle East doesn't make me an expert in Middle East issues or will give me great insight about their problems.

I did read Duff's column that you mention and I didn't like it. I think it's badly written and he doesn't set a position for anything, as usual. The guy can't even openly say if he's for or against guns possession in the USA.

I was really disappointed from reading his stuff but at the same time I know I shouldn't expect much from these musicians. They lack education and formation in social science so.... That's it. 

Slash has not said anything either, other than wearing that stupid shirt, which is the easiest thing. Just put on a shirt on with a polemic image. Ok. If that's what politics means to him, then so be it. :shrugs:

My final conclusion is that this band better stay away from politics because they will end up embarrassing themselves and their fans. They have nothing intelligent, deep or interesting to say. Any of them.

I liked your reply but I wanted to say that only til the first period. :lol:

Axl, he is neurotic like many people, like myself :unsure: This personality trait oftenly makes us pass for arrogants when in fact it's just a problem we have being unable to cope with a lot of people. It's sort of a mental disease and sometimes you can't deal not even with the closest people in your family.

From my personal experience, he didn't leave the room of his hotel in Buenos Aires either. He didn't hang out with TB in the lobby or anywhere else.

Members of the band did a lot of activities but not everybody went out together at the same time either. Slash and Meegan hung out and Duff, Susan and Steven Adler. But then Duff and Susan were invited for dinner to the American Embassy, so they did that on themselves.

Del, Kat, the personal trainer and others hung around the city separately and TB too. Fernando was here alone, without wife and baby, so he hung out with Vanessa, her husband and kid but he was mostly inside the hotel, although not all the time with Axl.

I have information that Axl slept and remained in his room most of the time. I don't know what he does or why but I guess it could be due to his depression or just because he doesn't feel like going out. 

who is making hateful comments? Critical thinking is not hateful thinking.

This thread says Women's Discussion in the title. And that's what it is: a thread to discuss GNR things from the female point of view. Being a female in 2016 does not mean kissing ass, smiling and pleasing men. Most of us here have a strong view on a variety of topics and there are different opinions from all ages, countries and cultural backgrounds.

You will have to deal with it or stay out, if you don't feel like getting into arguments you can always stay neutral or wait until the next topic comes. But you can't tell us to not discuss among each other because this is what we've been doing since the beginning of the thread.

If Beta sees something wrong with Axl holing up in the hotel she won't be telling this to the fans. And to me it's a relief to know that TB goes out by themselves leaving Axl some space to do whatever he wants to do.

Living with a depressed person is hell and just because they don't want to go out this doesn't mean you have to put your life on stop because of them. Young TB are young and have little kids. It is normal they want to go out and do outdoors activities, especially when they have kids they can't keep locked up in the room of a hotel.

To be honest I can't really figure out when Beta says that Axl stays in his room all the time but we know he does.

@killuridols at first I wasn't taking it personally, but now I am. Yes I think some of the comments are very fucking hateful. Let's put the band issue aside for a moment and look at the fact that you and @Asia both attacked me and my country because of my opinion....but I'm supposed to 'deal or get out' because I disagree with some of the things being said?  My temper is one of a slow boil and I am trying very hard to keep it down. I will only ask nicely once....don't come for me again....I will not be run off  by you or anyone else.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

@killuridols at first I wasn't taking it personally, but now I am. Yes I think some of the comments are very fucking hateful. Let's put the band issue aside for a moment and look at the fact that you and @Asia both attacked me and my country because of my opinion....but I'm supposed to 'deal or get out' because I disagree with some of the things being said?  My temper is one of a slow boil and I am trying very hard to keep it down. I will only ask nicely once....don't come for me again....I will not be run off  by you or anyone else.

Okay this is exactly what we don't need in this chat. Everyone has different opinions and that's what makes the world interesting but we have to respect each others opinions. I'm sorry if anything said on here offended you @Rocketqueen76 ! How about we stop the political talk (as its not what this forum is about) and move on to a nicer topic like slaxl :axl92::slash:

Edited by Crazedlioness

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes to all of this and the conclusion is on point. IMO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crazedlioness said:

Okay this is exactly what we don't need in this chat. Everyone has different opinions and that's what makes the world interesting but we have to respect each others opinions. I'm sorry if anything said on here offended you @Rocketqueen76 ! How about we stop the political talk (as its not what this forum is about) and move on to a nicer topic like slaxl :axl92::slash:

I agree completely. It's not that I was offended, it was only my opinion and a general statement that I made.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Rocketqueen76, please, enlighten me what country you are from, cause I'm not sure which country I attacked... And point to the exact senstence where I attacked you personally because I can't remember even addressing you in any personal way.

34 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Now see, this is actually an interesting point of conversation. Are artists only relatable to the masses with material that was written pre-fame? Is it even worth-it to release anything else since they would never be able to write anything deep or meaningful now that they are millionaires living a cushy celebrity life?