GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:rolleyes:

Please... 

Addressing your comments is attacking you? Ok, then. I guess I will decide right now that you are attacking me because you are talking to me :question:

I'm sorry you took it that way. You must be way too sensitive  or not used to debate in order to feel that way. So suggesting that you stay out of it, it isn't a bad idea after all.

I didn't attack you, or meant to attack you nor your country. I don't see how that is possible. 

No one is running you off from anything, but look at you and the way you reacted. No one else reacted like you did. In all honesty, I feel that you are not suitable for the debate we are having here and suggesting that you remain neutral or stay out of it is merely giving you a good advice because you are apparently trying hard to keep your cool and you shouldn't feel like that.

Im not holding anything inside. I'm calmed and I will keep talking about this topic that it is of my interest as long as I have peers who are willing to talk about it too. I don't see any attacks going on, just people with strong opinions and positions and people who can hold a debate without losing it.

Please, don't threaten us. Just decide what you want to do. Voice your opinion and back it up if you feel like it but don't tell us to stop talking about something when most of the participants have been able to reply each to each other in an adult manner.

No. There are plenty of examples of artists who are still able to release meaningful pieces of art, after years and years of fame.

It depends on how the person chose to live and what to do with that fame.

Of all GN'R members, I think Izzy may be the only one who's remained true to his roots and simple life. He wrote that 'FP Money' that may or may not be an statement about his former band mates but I think it is interesting.

- The art of saying meaningful things in a few words is what Twitter is about. There are lots of accounts with amazing intelligent content earning thousands of likes and retweets everytime they post. But if Axl wanted to say something longer and more developed he has the GN'R Facebook notes, which he has used in the past to post his letter to the HOF or to the President of Indonesia.

- Why shouldn't I expect something interesting or insightful from the man who wrote lyrics like 'Estranged', 'Coma' or 'Civil War'? (Your argument is poor, sorry)

- No, you're totally wrong. My hands-on idea of politics is not idealistic. This is how you do it when you are actively involved and really immersed in the field. Just because you don't do it, doesn't mean that millions others do not. 

Are you really saying that we don't have jobs? :lol:

You gotta be kidding me... Um, we DO have jobs and a life but you know what? After we are done with the work hours, instead of going home to watch some lame soap opera on TV, we leave the office or the factory or wherever we work at and join other peeps and voice out our discomfort to the media and the government, in the streets, with our horns and our banners, out in the open for everybody to see and hear.

When you want to support something or do something to provoke a change, you do it. You find the time and place. There are plenty of political and communitarian activities anyone can do in a small scale, which is part of a bigger picture. You don't need a lot of spare time in your life to participate in politics. It only takes the will to do it.

- As for my comments to RocketQueen76, I have not read much about the USA presidential election but as a current student of a Master's degree program for Social Science, I have plenty of background in political and social matters and what I said to her has nothing to do with politics per se. It was more related to how I think people like Trump get to become President while it feels like the society that created him was sleeping all this time and now they woke up, when it is too late.

The social and political division the USA is going through now is nothing new to me, since every step of this pattern I have lived in my own country with a similar outcome. It's not that hard to transpolate one situation to another, acknowledging all the differences we may have with the American society, there's a pattern that is transversal to a wide variety of nations in the world.

See...you're doing it again.....not suitable for this debate? Listen, I am more than capable of holding a healthy debate but I am also intelligent and intuitive enough to know when lines are being crossed.  As for me being sensitive....not in the least. And because of some of the things you said, damn right I felt like I was attacked. Again....stand down I'm over it. Btw....I was not threatening you or anyone I asked you nicely to back off.

49 minutes ago, killuridols said:

- The art of saying meaningful things in a few words is what Twitter is about. There are lots of accounts with amazing intelligent content earning thousands of likes and retweets everytime they post. But if Axl wanted to say something longer and more developed he has the GN'R Facebook notes, which he has used in the past to post his letter to the HOF or to the President of Indonesia.

- Why shouldn't I expect something interesting or insightful from the man who wrote lyrics like 'Estranged', 'Coma' or 'Civil War'? (Your argument is poor, sorry)

- No, you're totally wrong. My hands-on idea of politics is not idealistic. This is how you do it when you are actively involved and really immersed in the field. Just because you don't do it, doesn't mean that millions others do not. 

Are you really saying that we don't have jobs? :lol:

You gotta be kidding me... Um, we DO have jobs and a life but you know what? After we are done with the work hours, instead of going home to watch some lame soap opera on TV, we leave the office or the factory or wherever we work at and join other peeps and voice out our discomfort to the media and the government, in the streets, with our horns and our banners, out in the open for everybody to see and hear.

When you want to support something or do something to provoke a change, you do it. You find the time and place. There are plenty of political and communitarian activities anyone can do in a small scale, which is part of a bigger picture. You don't need a lot of spare time in your life to participate in politics. It only takes the will to do it.

- As for my comments to RocketQueen76, I have not read much about the USA presidential election but as a current student of a Master's degree program for Social Science, I have plenty of background in political and social matters and what I said to her has nothing to do with politics per se. It was more related to how I think people like Trump get to become President while it feels like the society that created him was sleeping all this time and now they woke up, when it is too late.

The social and political division the USA is going through now is nothing new to me, since every step of this pattern I have lived in my own country with a similar outcome. It's not that hard to transpolate one situation to another, acknowledging all the differences we may have with the American society, there's a pattern that is transversal to a wide variety of nations in the world.

No, going by how 99% of people use Twitter, Twitter is about posting pictures of your lunch and random thoughts that pop into your head. The people who manage to say something meaningful on Twitter are few and far between.

What do the lyrics of Estranged, Coma and Civil War have to do with anything? They're decent lyrics for the songs they are and I like them, but they are neither particularly impressive nor intelligent. Civil War has a generic anti-war message, the other one is a song about suicide and the third one is about the break-up of a romantic relationship. I don't see anything in these songs that would make me suspect Axl of having insightful opinions about politics. To use your own words, your argument is poor, sorry.

And no, I did not say anything about you or anyone else having jobs or not having jobs. But there is a reason why people at protests are mostly students and other people who are flexible with their time. A single mom coming home from work who needs to take care of her kids is not going to be out in the streets. And quite frankly a lot of people probably just don't have the energy after a long day to do what you claim to be doing.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject, because we are not going to agree anyway. And it's tiresome to discuss with someone whose attitude is as aggressive and condescending as yours has been in your recent posts.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

See...you're doing it again.....not suitable for this debate? Listen, I am more than capable of holding a healthy debate but I am also intelligent and intuitive enough to know when lines are being crossed.  As for me being sensitive....not in the least. And because of some of the things you said, damn right I felt like I was attacked. Again....stand down I'm over it. Btw....I was not threatening you or anyone I asked you nicely to back off.

I'm not doing anything. You are overreacting and trying to make a huge deal out of a simple debate in a discussion board. Yes, this is a discussion board where topics are discussed.

That's all I have to say to you. Have a nice afternoon.

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why shouldn't I expect something interesting or insightful from the man who wrote lyrics like 'Estranged', 'Coma' or 'Civil War'?

So you do expect some insightful commentary from Axl? Yet you stated that he shouldn't comment because he has nothing intelligent, deep or interesting to say and that the band should stay out of politics. Sorry, I'm probably being really stupid by missing your point so could you please clarify...

Did you actually want some social commentary from Axl but were disappointing by what he had to say? Or did you want him to shut up and concentrate on the band only? Do you want "interesting" and "insightful" in the for of lyrics instead? Should he only say stuff after making an effort to go out more often? What do you want/wish from Axl?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I've always liked that story. :lol: Coincidentally, I got a shirt the other day from Winners with almost this exact pic of Axl for only $13.00. Super deal!

I've always loved that story too, mainly because it reminds me of a huge poster I had of Axl on my wall when I was about 14 from that show I loved that gypsy headscarf :lol: lost that poster years ago and can never find that exact picture :( 

Also, had this on my wall too

IMG_2284.PNG

Just saw this pic on Instagram, I loved this poster so so much :D 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

No, going by how 99% of people use Twitter, Twitter is about posting pictures of your lunch and random thoughts that pop into your head. The people who manage to say something meaningful on Twitter are few and far between.

What do the lyrics of Estranged, Coma and Civil War have to do with anything? They're decent lyrics for the songs they are and I like them, but they are neither particularly impressive nor intelligent. Civil War has a generic anti-war message, the other one is a song about suicide and the third one is about the break-up of a romantic relationship. I don't see anything in these songs that would make me suspect Axl of having insightful opinions about politics. To use your own words, your argument is poor, sorry.

And no, I did not say anything about you or anyone else having jobs or not having jobs. But there is a reason why people at protests are mostly students and other people who are flexible with their time. A single mom coming home from work who needs to take care of her kids is not going to be out in the streets. And quite frankly a lot of people probably just don't have the engery after a long day to do what you claim to be doing.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject, because we are not going to agree anyway. And it's tiresome to discuss with someone whose attitude is as aggressive and condescending as yours has been in your recent posts.

- Your description of Twitter is old, from like 2006. It can be used for stupid things and for intelligent things as well. I follow lots of accounts with interesting things to say and I never get bored. I'm sorry you don't have the same experience.

- Those lyrics may not have a deep meaning to you but they do for a lot of fans. No, "Coma" and "Estranged" are not political but they come from a deep emotional place in Axl's soul. I can relate to both of them, having gone through similar emotions and situations. 

When I ask why I shouldn't expect Axl, who wrote those lyrics, to dig into his soul and maybe his past experiences and come up with meaningful new lyrics about politics or social matters, I don't see how that's a poor argument. I'm aware he's not Bob Dylan but he's got a raw style and way of putting emotions out in his lyrics that it is distinctive from other songwriters.

- It depends on the protest... I live in a place that is highly active when it comes to politics and there are protests almost every single day for X, Y or Z reasons and I assure you very few of them are students. It is mostly working class fighting for their rights. People do take their kids to the protests if they have to. There's no excuse here. 

374117.jpg

Buenos Aires, October 2016 - Under the rain, screaming for justice and to stop gender violence in our country.

I was not looking for you to agree with me on anything because I know how hard that is for most people, especially when they see the other person is so different from them. But you shouldn't get so pissy about me. It shows and the only one looking aggressive and condescending is you.

See ya later, alligator :popcorn:

18 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

So you do expect some insightful commentary from Axl? Yet you stated that he shouldn't comment because he has nothing intelligent, deep or interesting to say and that the band should stay out of politics. Sorry, I'm probably being really stupid by missing your point so could you please clarify...

Did you actually want some social commentary from Axl but were disappointing by what he had to say? Or did you want him to shut up and concentrate on the band only? Do you want "interesting" and "insightful" in the for of lyrics instead? Should he only say stuff after making an effort to go out more often? What do you want/wish from Axl?

My conclusion of him (and the rest of the band) having nothing interesting or deep to say about politics is recent, of course, from the tweets and Duff's column.

Before that, I had hopes they could express their views, mainly in the art they make, which is music, rather than wanting or expecting them to lead a protest in Union Square.

I want Axl and current Guns N' Roses to release new music, whether it is an album, 5 albums or a single song. I think that's what many (can't say most) fans want, to listen to some new creation all of them could put together in this time and era, as guys in their 50s, with so many decades of experience on their backs.

Not expecting from Axl to speak like a politician or like Hanna Arendt, lol, but years ago he tried to make an album, Chinese Democracy, for which he wrote an essay with some political views or position regarding the China situation, but then he never put that essay out and we all thought that he had a statement to make about it but I don't know what happened there. He backed out from it.

I hope that answers your questions.

34 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I hope that answers your questions.

Thank you. It does.

I see now that your previous comments came from a place of hope and disappointment as a fan, and not due to some preordained knee-jerk bias against Axl (which is what it initially seemed like to me). I can understand and respect that as a fan myself.

Edited by KiraMPD

10 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Thank you. It does.

I see now that your previous comments came from a place of hope and disappointment as a fan, and not due to some preordained knee-jerk bias against Axl (which is what it initially seemed like to me). I can understand and respect that as a fan myself.

I've always been critical of Axl and will never stop being because that's my nature and because it is so boring to me to be a YES WOMAN in all aspects of my life, so he's not the only subject of my criticism :lol: 

Which doesn't mean that I can't be a fan of his music and voice and lyrics. I've been one for more than 2 decades.

My disappointment with him is much more related to the lack of new music than him talking politics. And if he could use his music to make political statements, then that's gonna be a plus but I will be happy when he decides to share new creations, no matter the topic of his lyrics.

Hell, I followed every show from the AC/DC tour just because it was a chance to listen to him sing different stuff :drool:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I've always been critical of Axl and will never stop being because that's my nature and because it is so boring to me to be a YES WOMAN in all aspects of my life, so he's not the only subject of my criticism :lol: 

I have no problem with healthy criticism. I have been very critical of Axl (and other GnR members) in the past as well.

However, the way some people on this forum (or even people in general) only have negative things to say about Axl makes it hard to decipher genuine criticism from the those simply jumping on the default "Axl is stupid asshole" bandwagon.

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

omg a huge earthquake just shook my ass :scared:

Woah! Are you okay?

Edited by KiraMPD

Thank you all @KiraMPD, @Darkenchantress, @Rocketqueen76 and @MillionsOfSpiders :heart:

I am fine and we are all okay around here. I don't even know what happened. I will go check the news now.

It was huge earthquake and pretty long for my standards but we've been having this for a while now, since last year, so maybe it means my time has come? :o

Earth is really mad at us, girls, and not without reasons :(

• Like 2