Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

2 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

who the fuck has said that???

The argument isnt who cared...Its who remained in the fucking partnership. Slash and Duff remained partnered with Axl in terms of business. we know they quit the band and all shit on each other at different times. 

this is not at all relavant to the thread. 

give the man a break, he's borderline crazy :D 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Reading Duff's book, it's pretty clear that Axl really wanted the band to stay together, and that he was trying to figure out a way to pacify everyone... all the while he was trying to get himself together mentally and legally. I don't think we've ever got the whole story on the split. I think we've heard a lot of "he made us miserable, I had to quit" but after Duff's book I changed my mind a bit. 

Axl definitely didn't want Duff to quit, it seemed like he was the closest with Duff than any other member from 93-97.

Really?  This is interesting.  Especially since it's coming from Duff.  I don't mean that in a negative way, I love Duff.  Just that it's coming from someone who wasn't necessarily in "Axl's Camp" during the years where everyone just took a break from one another.

I know when Axl posted here he did say something like "no one was fired, they all chose to leave".  I'm paraphrasing here and I think he meant mainly Slash and Duff, not sure if Sorum/Gilby fell under that statement.

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Slash and Duff were still involved in a partnership of some sort, to some degree. Whatever legal issues or decisions in how the back catalog and merchandise was used involved Axl, Slash and Duff. 

I found this which someone posted for Izzy telling him he's not a partner.

http://lizerbramlaw.com/2016/01/19/owns-guns-n-roses/

• Like 1

I don't begrudge anyone who tries to better themselves in business, and gn'r is exactly that... 

Kudos to Duff Slash and Axl I guess.. 

What makes me sick is Duff professing-during his last book and Ep release - that he'd play with Izzy forever.. or something to that effect.. 

Not cool Mr M....

I'd love to see Izzy when they hit Sydney but it's not ment to be...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Billsfan said:

@ludurigan feel free to explain he izzy situation to our friend here saying izzy is not reliable enough to tour...

You know what?

I am not sure I will ever listen to Guns n Roses the same way again after knowing about this fiasco.

Besides being PLAIN STUPID, it is just disgusting.

This is the biggest music fiasco in GNR history, by far.

The most stupid choices that these guys did in the past seem like good ones compared to this.

This shit is...

You know I am not a native English speaker...

So I DONT EVEN KNOW THE WORDS to describe this!

I had to use Google translator to find them out.

I typed he words in my native language and Google translator gave me these words...

= stingy

= miserly

= small

= pitiable

= sordid

= despicable

I can respect something like "Axl doesnt wanna let Richard go because Axl is loyal to Richard hes been on the band for 15 years" or "Slash doesnt like playing with Izzy, he likes it better playing with Richard". If it was anything like that, I'd be pretty disappointed and pissed off and I'd think "these guys are stupid"

But, somehow, I'd respect it.

But this?

This shit I can not respect. 

So I am gonna try and listen to Guns n Roses (1985-1991) again like I have done for the past 3 fucking decades

Not sure if they will ever sound good again

===

In the meantime, I can only hope that SHEKELS ROSE, CASH and DOUGH MCKAGAN can have a lot of success with COINS N' NOTES on their current I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH tour!

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I do appreciate all that (showing up on time not so much, it's insane we're thankful for something like that), especially the effort he's doing to be singing the way he's doing it. Also the way he handled his broken foot. And he's my favorite singer ever.

I don't hate Axl at all, I love him and admire him. 

If Axl quit for a good reason (as Izzy did), I would understand it. There's no such double standard, though. Izzy left but GNR went on, Axl on the other hand pushed everyone away, kept the name and barely did anything at all with it.

If the comment was made when Slash left, I would get it. You could say "well, he's angry" or whatever, but it was made 13 years later. The fact that he still hated Slash in 2009 is quite unbelievable.

My bad for misunderstanding you

I bet Axl is making the most, then Slash, then Duff. It's just how it is these days with stuff like this...

I don't think the entire 3 reunion is just a money grab. I think it has a lot to do with it based on Axl's interview the other day, but the lack of press and interviews tells me they have a little integrity left. Doing it on their own terms, even if those aren't Izzy's terms. I still really enjoyed the show I went to, so this doesn't put a big damper on things with me.

Edited by Ak1nney

26 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I found this which someone posted for Izzy telling him he's not a partner.

http://lizerbramlaw.com/2016/01/19/owns-guns-n-roses/

Thanks for posting that.

Thanks to the passage of time, and, one assumes, a large sum of money, the band seems to have put their differences behind them. For the time being, at least. But the actual ownership of the GUNS N’ ROSES brand name remains a mystery.

Ain't that the truth?:rofl-lol:

On 9/8/2016 at 10:23 AM, cremefraiche said:

There's literally no reason not to go for a full-blown reunion other than money. Adler would have jumped at the chance, and it would seem Izzy would have liked to be involved too.

Regardless, the only motivation should be simply playing in a band together, not only because of their history, but also to thank us for paying for their mansions and putting up with all their bullshit

Well, they are playing as a band together. Granted, Steven (aside from guest appearances) & Izzy aren't a part of it but both were out of the band years ago anyway. Neither was a part of a lot of the material that is being performed. The only motivation to insist upon their presence throughout the tour would be to make this a celebration of AFD as opposed to a celebration of GnR. 

I would have liked to have seen Izzy join them as a guest from time to time, as with Steven,  but it's not in the cards. If it's not in the cards because they didn't want to pay him an equal share I don't blame them. Even Ace Frehley and Peter Criss of Kiss played for less than an equal share(s) in a reunited Kiss tour. 

2 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Thanks for posting that.

Ain't that the truth?:rofl-lol:

You're welcome. It's pretty interesting you can even view attorney changes documents filed and renewals.

Two were renewed in 2013. I believe the entertainment and prerecorded music ones.

The entertainment brings up a valid question. If I'm reading it right it gives the three listed the right to perform the music. So would that mean technically Steven or Izzy couldnt?

On my mobile so didn't read every bit of it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

You know what?

I am not sure I will ever listen to Guns n Roses the same way again after knowing about this fiasco.

Besides being PLAIN STUPID, it is just disgusting.

This is the biggest music fiasco in GNR history, by far.

The most stupid choices that these guys did in the past seem like good ones compared to this.

This shit is...

You know I am not a native English speaker...

So I DONT EVEN KNOW THE WORDS to describe this!

I had to use Google translator to find them out.

I typed he words in my native language and Google translator gave me these words...

= stingy

= miserly

= small

= pitiable

= sordid

= despicable

I can respect something like "Axl doesnt wanna let Richard go because Axl is loyal to Richard hes been on the band for 15 years" or "Slash doesnt like playing with Izzy, he likes it better playing with Richard". If it was anything like that, I'd be pretty disappointed and pissed off and I'd think "these guys are stupid"

But, somehow, I'd respect it.

But this?

This shit I can not respect. 

So I am gonna try and listen to Guns n Roses (1985-1991) again like I have done for the past 3 fucking decades

Not sure if they will ever sound good again

===

In the meantime, I can only hope that SHEKELS ROSE, CASH and DOUGH MCKAGAN can have a lot of success with COINS N' NOTES on their current I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH tour!

Come on, man. Izzy left the band more than two decades ago. If this was a tour strictly to commemorate the 30th anniversary of AFD then an equal share would arguably be appropriate. If Izzy was prepared to perform all the non-AFD material then an equal share would arguably be appropriate. Fortus, Ferrer, Reese and Reed play all night, you can bet they aren't getting equal shares. IMHO, this is sour grapes from a man who may be regretting his decision to leave the band all those years ago, if only for this summer.   

if Axl can reunite with Slash, after calling him a cancer along with all the other trash he talked i see no reason that there cannot be a reunion with Izzy. and seeing with only the 3union so far i can well see what a true AFD5 would bring in as far as ticket prices, merch etc. especially with '17 being the big reunion year. as i said before they have the opportunity to have a true all original members reunion; how many great bands can do that after such a long time apart? money talks!

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

if Axl can reunite with Slash, after calling him a cancer along with all the other trash he talked i see no reason that there cannot be a reunion with Izzy. and seeing with only the 3union so far i can well see what a true AFD5 would bring in as far as ticket prices, merch etc. especially with '17 being the big reunion year. as i said before they have the opportunity to have a true all original members reunion; how many great bands can do that after such a long time apart? money talks!

The ball is in Izzy's court. 

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I have just finished reading through this (long) thread and I am 'sitting on the fence' and am staying put on said 'fence' until we have real actual facts.

It just baffles me how many people are totally against either the GNR camp or Izzy for this rift when we don't know the facts yet.  Like this thread is a great example of how fucking mental GNR fans are lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl wanted Izzy to sign a contract demoting him and his share in the band, because LOL he didn't move around as much as him and Slash on stage and he didn't want to do those god awful videos. 

He can plead all he wanted, but doesn't sound like he offered Izzy his fair share again, so he went. 

He did the same to Adler didn't he, demanding he was paid less when he was a full member of the band. Adler gave in and relinquished some of his share to appease the greed of Axl Rose. 

Keith Richards doesn't move around the stage like Mick, I wonder what his cut is?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

You're literally speculating sordid details based on nothing. How do we know "Axl fucked over his best friend"? What makes you think that Izzy would agree to 2 years on the road with a reunion, when he hasn't done any major touring since he left in the first place?

We hardly know anything about the situation, except one thing Axl said (he didn't know where Izzy stood) and Izzy's tweet. Not enough to bury anyone with yet, I'm afraid.

Also, the boys didn't sit around the board room table by themselves hashing out this deal. These artist types don't like dealing in this stuff, that's why they have lawyers, agents, managers, etc...there are a lot more hands in the pot, and a lot more opinions, involved.

GnR is a brand and I'm not sure if only one person has the final say-so. 

3 hours ago, vloors said:

People keep saying this but Izzys last few songs his released the song writing has been horrible. Lyrically I havnt been really impressed since 117. Its been going downhill for me from that point.

:facepalm: FP Money

They can fight about it, money, some bag of gold. They can fight about it, money, the big wheels roll. And I'm taking the long way home today.

Really got no worries either way. Cuttin' deals, shakin' hands, hopin' it feels, open plans. They can fight about it, money, it's just a bag of gold. They can fight about it, money, feel the big wheels roll. And I'm taking the long way home today. Really in no hurry either way. Open fields, open planes, open gates, open lands, open space, open sky, open mind, open race. They can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold. They can fight about it, money, the story goes.

:facepalm::facepalm: Walk n Song

Yes, I am walkin’ down the street
Yeah, I am walkin’ down the street

[Verse 1]
Walkin’ past a concrete wall
I hear a big dog barkin’ there
So I keep walkin’ down the street
Got no place I need to be
Sky is blue, the trees are green
So I keep walkin’ down the street

[Verse 2] 
Walkin’ past a chain link fence
Couple big dogs barkin’ at
Yeah, I am walkin’ down the street
Future's just a mystery
Past is just your history
So keep on walkin', I'll just see

[Outro]
Yes I am good today, tomorrows better, if you find a way
Yes I am good today, tomorrows better when you find a way

I think Izzy is good when he has the others to write with and bounce ideas off of and  tweek his lyrics. He's a musician and not just a lyricist, wasn't that Axl's forte? Honestly, that last song's lyrics could have been written by a 5 yr old. I'm going to get flack for saying this, I know.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Gotcha. my mistake.

Im just as disappointed as you are. Id love for Izzy to be involved with this. which is why im not taking sides. as everyone has faults and is correct in their thinking based on the circumstances. 

like DieselDaisy said many pages back, Izzy had that cool laid-back junkie vibe, especially in the early days. Once sober that changed a bit, and he just sat back in the shadows a bit with a cigarette in his mouth and doing his thing. But he'd be a valuable member if they plan on recording. right now its distant, but as all things GNR, if it aint a mess, its not proper..lol

1 hour ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

My bad for misunderstanding you

No problem! :thumbsup:

Honestly, I feel a lot better after writing a few cathartic posts. I needed to let go of the frustration, now I feel ready to move on and accept what we have.

I'm still hoping things are gonna change for the better at some point but in the meantime I'll keep enjoying the band as it is now.

Plus, they're coming to Argentina in less than 2 months and I'm hungry for GNR... so they better bring some Popcorn! :awesomeface:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Come on, man. Izzy left the band more than two decades ago. If this was a tour strictly to commemorate the 30th anniversary of AFD then an equal share would arguably be appropriate. If Izzy was prepared to perform all the non-AFD material then an equal share would arguably be appropriate. Fortus, Ferrer, Reese and Reed play all night, you can bet they aren't getting equal shares. IMHO, this is sour grapes from a man who may be regretting his decision to leave the band all those years ago, if only for this summer.   

Izzy left 5 years earlier than Slash and Duff so he must be punished?

What? Does this make any sense?

What is this talk about Izzy being (not) prepared to performed non-AFD material? Do you think he can't play Illusion songs? Thats because of that comment that Izzy himself made on how he couldnt remember the chords to Coma? Is that it? What are you talking about? Are you talking about Axl solo-era songs? Has anyone told you that Izzy wouldnt be capable to play those songs?

About the 4 hired people, OF COURSE these 4 hired people are not getting equal shares. They are lucky if they are making 10% of what the threeunion guys are doing. Why on earth would these 4 people get equal share?

I respect your opinion, but try and remember one thing.

Izzy was fucking quiet.

He didnt say anything to anyone about why he wasnt on this tour.

Not a word.

He coulda have tweeed about it many moons ago

He coulda have rang Rolling Stone and told them all about it.

No.

He was quiet.

Minding his own fucking business.

"Moving right along", as he said.

That was until Axl gave that interview

When (everything indicates that) Axl bullshitted the entire planet about Izzy.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RONIN said:

Guns N' Posers.

Essentially, this band is dead. They have no future without Izzy. Just tour all of Izzy's hits for the next two years and then drop the next Chinese Democracy turd with Duff and Slash cut and pasted into the mix. Then fuck off to their mansions and count the loot.

What a joke of a band GnR has become. Duff and Slash sure talked a good game all these years. In the end, they're nothing but greedy hypocrites like the redhead. It's disappointing to see what a two faced business man Duff has become. A shame.

Couldn't agree more.