Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

10 minutes ago, bikka said:

And why is everybody talking about a world tour? We've heard about 4 dates only where he was supposed to appear. He could surely handle that... The fact that the other 3 couldn't bear to cut their wages for those 4 dates to accomodate him speaks volumes.

What are you talking about?  lol, again you don't have any of the facts of the situation more than anyone else.  

During the UYI's, ppl accepted the line up cause Matt and Gilby replaced the guys that had/wanted to leave and they both added to the band both charismaticaly and music wise with their style that perfectly matched Guns N Roses and who they were.

However, after the UYI line up this seems like GNR 3.0 with less charismatic guys who twisred around songs from the first 4 albums.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Come on man. Seriously.

Izzy couldn't even be arsed, as you like to say, to tour his own music. Like not ever

Izzy played a seventy-six date world tour in support of Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds, 1992 - 3. 

But now he's gonna do equal work as far as planning, production, business work, whatever, as the other 3? All that behind the scenes shit the other 3 clearly have to done to put out such an incredible live show. Because if you want equal pay, you better do equal work. Including playing 2:30 long outdoor shows in America during a hot fuckin summer.

Just how much does an individual in a band need to get involved in all of this? You seem to be awarding Axl, Slash and Duff with the excruciatingly difficult day-to-day tasks normally enacted by many others.

A production manager designs the stage show (in consultation with artist); lawyers involve themselves in jurisprudence; management organises the tour and negotiates the deals; tour managers organise the day-to-day running (travel, expenses, etc); promoters promote the tour; sound men and techs... etc etc.

Just how hands-on was Axl in the planning of the Not In This Lifetime Tour, given AC/DC commitments. We already know that it was Fernando who obtained Slash's phone number: Axl himself did not personally ring his industry contacts and/or Slash's management in order to obtain Slash's personal phone number.

Besides, it is not as if non-involvement in the above absolves a member from being a bona fide band member. Slash recruited Gilby and Matt and (reportedly) organised the 1992 tour with the big band. Does that make Axl and Duff any less members? Keith Richards leaves the finances to Jagger. Is Keith any less a Stone - or for that matter, Charlie and Ronnie?

There is really just rehearsals, soundchecks and setlist planning left for the act - that, and getting yourself on stage c. 8: 30pm in a reasonably sober condition to be able to perform. Have you never seen The Rolling Stones' Cocksucker Blues? Much of touring consists of tedium.

Maybe he does want to. But he hasn't done much more than record songs at home for the past 25 years. This is about a world fuckin tour. Like the ones he always hated.

Izzy records his albums in studios. 117 Degrees and On Down the Road for instance were recorded at Rumbo, the same place as Appetite.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So if the "loot" is splitted in 3,  the reunion tour is a nostalgia cash grab and Pitman was right.

But if it was splitted in 4,  it would be for the sake of rock 'n' roll and they would do it for their souls.

This logic is beyond me.

Yeah because after all making 2.5 million per show instead of 3 is just horseshit. That .5 million can be a HUGE difference maker in ones ability to provide for their family.. Give me a break 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Pink Rose said:

If I had known Axl, Duff and Slash were screwing over their brothers I would not have gone to the two Vegas shows!  I feel so cheated!  We had to buy those tickets without even knowing who was in the band!  They purposely didn't tell us because they wanted to let us hope and believe Steven and Izzy would be there, so they could sell more tickets!  I much rather that Axl kept his stupid GNR cover band than do this half assed fake reunion. 

You feel cheated after having paid for and seen two kick ass shows? 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

My main 2 points of concern remain

1- is Matt Sorum's relationship with Duff & Slash also tarnished?

2- is Chris Pittman out celebrating his nostradamus "Cash Grab" comment?

1 - Hard to say it's tarnished but it has to be fractured for sure. If I were sorum I'd want nothing to do with those guys

2 - It sure makes pitman look better. On the other hand, regardless of him being on the outs for whatever reason, whether he was fired or he quit because he felt he was owed money for whatever reason, pitman will probably be the most butt hurt because he missed out on a serious cash grab 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah because after all making 2.5 million per show instead of 3 is just horseshit. That .5 million can be a HUGE difference maker in ones ability to provide for their family.. Give me a break 

HEY! You don't know! That could be the difference between a 16th or 17th room added on a mansion! :lol:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

HEY! You don't know! That could be the difference between a 16th or 17th room added on a mansion! :lol:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: I can only imagine..

It's just me though. I can't believe grown men at this point of their careers, who should ALL be financially set for life, couldn't have worked this out. Just my two cents- I would have given izzy his cut of the share with a certain level of responsibility, and an asterisk in the contract that if he doesn't live up to it then he's out of the partnership. Maybe they can still do it..

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Probably (although the idea of anyone of them as a day laborer who needs money to provide for his family, as well as the 500K as an amount for that, makes me laugh). But it wouldn't make it less a cash grab and more "for the music". That was my point.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You feel cheated after having paid for and seen two kick ass shows? 

I think the quality of those shows was vastly overrated due to the excitement and circumstances. I was hesitant to buy tickets for the Foxboro show after.  I am glad I did because Foxboro was awesome. I wasn't at the 2nd Vegas show but I can't say they kicked ass on the first night performance wise. 

47 minutes ago, Pink Rose said:

If I had known Axl, Duff and Slash were screwing over their brothers I would not have gone to the two Vegas shows!  I feel so cheated!  We had to buy those tickets without even knowing who was in the band!  They purposely didn't tell us because they wanted to let us hope and believe Steven and Izzy would be there, so they could sell more tickets!  I much rather that Axl kept his stupid GNR cover band than do this half assed fake reunion. 

I agree with this somewhat. No one put a gun to my head but I bought the Vegas ticket not knowing who was in the band. I was really hoping to see Steven and Izzy.. Certainly didn't expect them to replace Pittman with someone just as annoying either. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't have went to that show. The band wasn't very tight and Axl didn't sound great either..

I would how however traveled to a couple of the summer shows with that money because the band and Axl were sooo much better.

This whole Izzy situation really sucks.. It does taint the whole thing a bit but I was pretty sure this is how it all went down anyway..

People here are thinking with their hearts, which is understandable. 

But, let's say you Start a company with some friends. 1 doesn't really like all the drama and quits. You and the others spend 20 years making business decisions and working. 

The guy that quit didn't do much with his career for 25 years after leaving.  

Then he wants to come back and have an equal share?  You'd have to be crazy to say yes. 

GNR is as much a business as a band. People need to accept that or stop supporting the band. 

They're not best friends who party together anymore. It's highly likely they see this as one last run together and a nice retirement fund. Who can blame them for that? 

• Like 1

Don't know if it's been discussed (not looking back through all these pages) but I still think there's a chance we see Izzy. Clearly things just aren't being agreed on at the moment, which is fine. They wouldn't have added Think About You to the alt set list either if they didn't think he'd play a few shows. That song is essentially where he gets to shine and it'd be lame to have Fortus playing his solos. I think it's all up to Izzy at this point. As fans, all we need is just a little patience. That's all. 

26 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I can't believe grown men at this point of their careers, who should ALL be financially set for life, couldn't have worked this out. Just my two cents- I would have given izzy his cut of the share with a certain level of responsibility, and an asterisk in the contract that if he doesn't live up to it then he's out of the partnership. Maybe they can still do it..

Exactly. Same thing I had always said about Steven.. Work it all out in the contract. If they fuck up don't pay them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I understand, and you know I'm cool with you but you did say his friends "made him play two songs".  They didn't, he agreed to that as he could have said no.

The point for Steven apparently it was more important for him to be a part of this somehow, some way.  He had no leverage bc he was obviously willing to do and agree to whatever bone they were willing to throw him, but he wasn't "made" to do any of it, he agreed at the end of the day.

izzy apparently did not agree to whatever it was he was offered, he said NO.  Right or wrong, I don't know, I don't know all the facts to even begin to draw my own conclusion, I just have a lot of difficultly with everyone taking sides on this and they really don't know shit about what went down other than one vague comment Axl made in a 15 minute interview and Izzys one sentence retort.   

Theres obviously a lot more to all of this than any (or at least most) of us are privy too.

i had heard from someone I consider very reliable person that Izzy was to play night 2 in LA.  I heard this the day of the show from someone I know was there the whole day and said he saw Izzy there and at the last minute there was a falling out and that is why the band was several minutes late that particular evening.

Now, with that all said, I believe this to be true bc this person just wouldn't say that or make stuff up like that, but...I'm not saying it is actually true bc I wasn't actually there and there has been no other reports of this to confirm it.

I guess I don't condemn people for speculating, but no one really knows the facts around all this other than those in and close to the band and they aren't going to say shit.

Me and you have always been cool and we will always remain cool, we have a long history on this forum (Twizzy Saga) together lol

At the moment we can just speculate from whatever we have.

Why din't your friend take a pic? like man everyone knows its so hard to find IZZY STRADLIN. Everyone has their own opinions, you have yours, I have mine, someone else will have theirs. 

Yeah they din't "MAKE" Steven played only 2 songs, he played at his own will, but they only "OFFERED" him to play those 2 songs. Which seems unfair to me, but maybe it doesn't seems unfair to him, I know he would be feeling bad and you know how much he wanted this reunion, but its a big thing, a person like Steven Adler has changed so much, he has become the Izzy Stradlin which we knew and now Izzy Stradlin has become the old Steven Adler.

Whatever things have been said, there would be many reason for Izzy not being there, but one reason comes to everyone's head and Izzy pretty much confirmed that reason and it is MONEY. 

Another sad thing is, im not talking about you, that whenever someone speaks out, he becomes the bad person and gets a lot of shit, before Steven spoke and everyone turned against him, now when Izzy spoke, everyone has turned against him, I don't think so Steven said anything wrong before if he wanted a reunion, if he wanted his old friends back, if he just vented out that his old friends left him. Now Izzy is not saying anything wrong if he wants partnership or equal money, he wrote the songs, so he deserves it. 

If Axl says then he gets no shit cause AXL IS GOD. But if Izzy says something just cause now he is not in good terms with Axl (Which none of us know), then he gets shit. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Another sad thing is, im not talking about you, that whenever someone speaks out, he becomes the bad person and gets a lot of shit, before Steven spoke and everyone turned against him, now when Izzy spoke, everyone has turned against him, I don't think so Steven said anything wrong before if he wanted a reunion, if he wanted his old friends back, if he just vented out that his old friends left him. Now Izzy is not saying anything wrong if he wants partnership or equal money, he wrote the songs, so he deserves it. 

If Axl says then he gets no shit cause AXL IS GOD. But if Izzy says something just cause now he is not in good terms with Axl (Which none of us know), then he gets shit. 

THIS.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Me and you have always been cool and we will always remain cool, we have a long history on this forum (Twizzy Saga) together lol

At the moment we can just speculate from whatever we have.

Why din't your friend take a pic? like man everyone knows its so hard to find IZZY STRADLIN. Everyone has their own opinions, you have yours, I have mine, someone else will have theirs. 

Yeah they din't "MAKE" Steven played only 2 songs, he played at his own will, but they only "OFFERED" him to play those 2 songs. Which seems unfair to me, but maybe it doesn't seems unfair to him, I know he would be feeling bad and you know how much he wanted this reunion, but its a big thing, a person like Steven Adler has changed so much, he has become the Izzy Stradlin which we knew and now Izzy Stradlin has become the old Steven Adler.

Whatever things have been said, there would be many reason for Izzy not being there, but one reason comes to everyone's head and Izzy pretty much confirmed that reason and it is MONEY. 

Hey man, I agree with all this on the whole.  You make several excellent points!

• Like 1