Sweet Child 'O Mine

Think About You

You Could Be Mine 

14 Years 

Welcome to the Jungle 

Bad Obsession 

Dust n' Bones

...and more!!!! 

So yea...he's not the flashiest performer on stage but GODDAMN how can anyone marginalize him or say he's not an important member? Izzy Stradlin is the fucking internal engine that GNR at its best ran on - especially in the songwriting department. 

I mean...how many of the songs listed above are they playing on the reunion tour? Izzy Stradlin is the Keith Richards of GNR in both style and "tell it like it is" attitude. 

Izzy is great, awesome, we love him.    But his presence or lack thereof isn't a factor in the band playing stadiums in the US.     So I can see why both sides are far apart on what it would take to have him involved.

Izzy has every right to hold out for what he wants, more power to him.    Although I reckon seeing how the band played a stadium tour without him, maybe he will come back down to earth a bit in the future. 

So right now, Izzy's involvement doesn't make sense for either side. 

• Like 1

It feels like this thread has been going in circles since around page 10.

Conclusion of the situation: blows ass

But I do feel this will be resolved soon. Just impossible to imagine Slash Duff and maybe Axl too giving up friendship with Izzy for Guns. Slash was texting with him in 2014, and Duff wrote music with him last year. Just freaking dumb how this whole situation ended up happening, with Izzy now essentially taking the position Slash had prior to him. Like there just always has to be this fucked up thing going on with this band:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

50 minutes ago, Radio flyer said:

Guns n' Roses songs that Izzy Stradlin  has written or co-written: 

Don't Cry

Double Talkin' Jive 

It's So Easy

Mr.Brownstone

My Michelle 

Nightrain 

Out 'Ta Get Me 

Paradise City 

Patience 

Pretty Tied Up 

Rocket Queen

Sweet Child 'O Mine

Think About You

You Could Be Mine 

14 Years 

Welcome to the Jungle 

Bad Obsession 

Dust n' Bones

...and more!!!! 

So yea...he's not the flashiest performer on stage but GODDAMN how can anyone marginalize him or say he's not an important member? Izzy Stradlin is the fucking internal engine that GNR at its best ran on - especially in the songwriting department. 

I mean...how many of the songs listed above are they playing on the reunion tour? Izzy Stradlin is the Keith Richards of GNR in both style and "tell it like it is" attitude. 

Of course he's important. I don't blame him for wanting an equal cut since he helped write and record the songs that are popular enough to sell out stadiums. Problem is he gave up his legal rights to the partnership back in the day and now there is proof that the others didn't need him in order to gross a huge amount of money on tour. There isn't any money in studio material nowadays for rock bands, especially aging rock bands. Any material they might come up with would likely fall very far short of their classic material from 25-30 years ago.

Edited by GNRfan2008

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It feels like this thread has been going in circles since around page 10.

Conclusion of the situation: blows ass

But I do feel this will be resolved soon. Just impossible to imagine Slash Duff and maybe Axl too giving up friendship with Izzy for Guns. Slash was texting with him in 2014, and Duff wrote music with him last year.

Its not about friendship.   Its a business decision.  

The reality is, these guys are all business associates.   

Personally, I just enjoy the music and the shows.    Hopefully at some point some agreement can be made with Izzy.  

Just now, CardinalGunner said:

Its not about friendship.   Its a business decision.  

The reality is, these guys are all business associates.   

Personally, I just enjoy the music and the shows.    Hopefully at some point some agreement can be made with Izzy.  

You mean the guys will still all remain friends even if this stays this way? Because as I said, I have a hard time imagining that being the case.

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You mean the guys will still all remain friends even if this stays this way? Because as I said, I have a hard time imagining that being the case.

Wouldn't be the first time that they buried the hatchet despite very strong disagreements. All of these guys seem pretty forgiving with each other over the long haul if you go back and look at some of the statements that were made through the years. Adler's involvement in the current tour is a miracle considering the extremely harsh crap he said about Slash and Duff back in 2015. 

As soon as the line-up for this tour was announced , anyone with a grain of common sense knew exactly what was happening. I was amazed that people actually thought that Izzy wasn't included because he did not want to do a big tour, or that Adler wasn't up to it. That was  bullshit right from the start....... It was always about the $.

As much as we love him, I think that we all accept that Axl can be a bit of a dick. He wanted to do a cash grab tour, which is fine, but he knew that it would never work with the complete nonentities he's been touring with for god knows how long. He had to get at least some of the original band back for those $ to roll in. Thing is, being a bit of a dick, he wanted most of those $ for himself. He wanted to get the AFD members back, but keep the  employer arrangement he had with the likes of Buckethead! Izzy probably thought it would be cool to get the band back together, but then realised that Axl was trying to fuck him over and said..... "No thanks"! Slash and Duff on the other hand have excepted Axl as their boss, or perhaps have taken a junior partner type role.

On the one hand I admire Izzy for telling Axl to shove it up his arse, because as we know, Izzy is a cool guy. A guy with integrity, who did not say a word about the reasons he wasn't on the tour. He just moved on in his own quiet way. Axl then opened his fat mouth and started talking shit, so Izzy had to speak the truth, which he has. However, on the other hand, I'm glad that Slash and Duff have agreed to bend over and take it up the cornhole from Axl, because if they didn't....... we would not have these shows.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GNR1975 said:

As soon as the line-up for this tour was announced , anyone with a grain of common sense knew exactly what was happening. I was amazed that people actually thought that Izzy wasn't included because he did not want to do a big tour, or that Adler wasn't up to it. That was  bullshit right from the start....... It was always about the $.

As much as we love him, I think that we all accept that Axl can be a bit of a dick. He wanted to do a cash grab tour, which is fine, but he knew that it would never work with the complete nonentities he's been touring with for god knows how long. He had to get at least some of the original band back for those $ to roll in. Thing is, being a bit of a dick, he wanted most of those $ for himself. He wanted to get the AFD members back, but keep the  employer arrangement he had with the likes of Buckethead! Izzy probably thought it would be cool to get the band back together, but then realised that Axl was trying to fuck him over and said..... "No thanks"! Slash and Duff on the other hand have excepted Axl as their boss, or perhaps have taken a junior partner type role.

On the one hand I admire Izzy for telling Axl to shove it up his arse, because as we know, Izzy is a cool guy. A guy with integrity, who did not say a word about the reasons he wasn't on the tour. He just moved on in his own quiet way. Axl then opened his fat mouth and started talking shit, so Izzy had to speak the truth, which he has. However, on the other hand, I'm glad that Slash and Duff have agreed to bend over and take it up the cornhole from Axl, because if they didn't....... we would not have these shows.

I don't think Duff and Slash bend over. It seems pretty clear the three of them get the same money due to the legal partnership after Izzy left. "They didn't want to split the loot equally " says it pretty much all...

32 minutes ago, GNR1975 said:

I don't think Duff and Slash bend over. It seems pretty clear the three of them get the same money due to the legal partnership after Izzy left. "They didn't want to share the loot equally" says it pretty much all. 

Edited by Free Bird

45 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

He'll get all the fucking attention he deserves when the dude actually puts some fucking effort into doing his shit

as far as I'm concern, hiding in his cave for 2 decades and looking like a zombie on stage do not qualify at all

What's with all this cave or in the desert stuff in reference to Izzy? Believe it or not he has a life outside of Guns N' Roses and he probably lives his life like anyone not in a band. I've never heard of you before this, should I assume you just came out of a cave because you haven't had your every move published online?

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don't think Duff and Slash bend over. It seems pretty clear the three of them get the same money due to the legal partnership after Izzy left. "They didn't want to share the loot equally" says it pretty much all. 

The 1992 partnership contract was 36.33% Axl, 33.33% Slash, and 30.33% Duff. Supposedly the terms are now more favorable for Axl. Rumors that he might be getting 50% now. Slash and Duff still doing very very well for themselves obviously, especially considering much higher ticket prices and the fact Axl is not costing them a shitload of money through curfew fines, riots, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don't think Duff and Slash bend over. It seems pretty clear the three of them get the same money due to the legal partnership after Izzy left. "They didn't want to split the loot equally " says it pretty much all...

HIGHLY doubtful that it is an even three way split between Axl, Slash and Duff. Slash and Duff are making a ton of money for sure, but I promise that Axl still walks away with the most. 

im gonna lay it in hard on Axl now 

the guy totally seems like a douche in his interviews! this is after me loving worshipping him after all the fucking shit 

talking vaguely like he's above it all, saying my people, the guy is a total primadona and hasn't changed one bit - people do not change 

izzy is real and the rest well are in there little line of servants and its gay 

dont get me wrong im 1 die hard gnr fan but this whole axl izzy shit is fucking way offside 

GNR CAMP 

CLEAN IT UP AS I WAS GONNA BUY SOUTH AMERICA TICKETS AND NOW IM TOTALLY AMBIVALENT...honestly

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Radio flyer said:

HIGHLY doubtful that it is an even three way split between Axl, Slash and Duff. Slash and Duff are making a ton of money for sure, but I promise that Axl still walks away with the most. 

I'm not gonna speculate on Duff, but I'm quite certain Slash wouldn't of signed up unless him and Axl are basically making the same. He had all the leverage. Just him being back in GN'R is what caused all of this hype. They're selling out stadiums because he's back. Before he returned Axl was a Vegas act and then many members of his band quit. This is high level negotiations that all their people were doing and leverage is king.

5 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I'm not gonna speculate on Duff, but I'm quite certain Slash wouldn't of signed up unless him and Axl are basically making the same. He had all the leverage. Just him being back in GN'R is what caused all of this hype. They're selling out stadiums because he's back. Before he returned Axl was a Vegas act and then many members of his band quit. This is high level negotiations that all their people were doing and leverage is king.

No, he did not have all the leverage. Slash hasn't been selling out large venues on his own. He just got divorced from Perla and had to pay a shitload of money to her. He also isn't the person who owns the GN'R name. That is the ultimate leverage. 

On 8/9/2016 at 3:09 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

I just hope these numbers aren't real.

I mean, forget about Izzy for a second. Fn' Axl pushed everyone away, fucked up GNR's legacy and ruined his own career. Then Slash comes back, makes him relevant again and at the same time accepts to get half of what Axl gets? The poor victim's getting everything his way and all thanks to the evil cancer...

What are you talking about?:facepalm:

Slash comes back for his own benefit, he realized that only in GNR -along with Axl -gonna be RELEVANT in world´s music, again. Come on, do you think he was successful at 2 -5 K shows attendance with Myles? haha . well. And for the percentage , don´t forget Axl has to pay all the structure, employees,etc because he had/has the control of the brand. They (Slash-Duff) sued him years ago (for licensee,etc) and lost in Court.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-hired-slash-duff-mckagan/

Stop with the cancer thing. Slsh said shitty things on Axl too, now they are in peace..that´s what matters.

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

It should be totally unfair if Slash -after quit the band more than twenty years ago- makes the same as Axl.

I think the percentage that the guy said pages back is accurate. 50% Axl , 50% between Duff and Slash. If you ask me, is too much what obtain the guys because Axl is the co-founder (along with Izzy), the frontman, stellar songwriter (contribuited in almost all the songs) lead singer, the boss of the other musicians (employees) owns Guns N Roses name and kept the band´s name alive ...while the other guys leave so many years ago. He is the soul of the band.

He (with GNR) sold-out stadiums few years ago with the other musicians (before the reunion) in south america for example, believe it or not.

2 hours ago, GNR1975 said:

Wow !  Don´t love him that much :wacko::facepalm:

" we all accept" ??¿- you should talk for yourself !!!!! And if this is a cash grab tour it is for the other guys involved too: Slash , Duff..

Edited by Juliette

11 hours ago, Billsfan said:

-Well seeing the interview and hearing words get spoken can help with understanding the context. And so what if Axl and izzy spoke out? It's better to give your fans a clue as to what's going on than playing guessing games. These interviews should have happened in March.

- yeah many bands argue, GNR have for years. And we've already known a ton about it, especially from slash and duff, FOR YEARS. They both spoke on it before Axl even did, so did izzy, and the rest of them. Sometimes stuff gets said when people ask for responses to questions. It's common sense actually.

- GNR fans have been split and torn. We still kinda are even though things are better now. The media can try and twist whatever they want the fans can decide what's what and if it's worth paying for. At least the ones with brains can.

- so what if many bands violate curfew? Cool, thanks for making an obvious point. I bet you had no idea the band guns n roses had a real issue with that for years..It is rock n roll, thanks for the obvious and proving of nothing I suppose :lol::lol::lol:

Guess you missed the point of the post.

It was in response to another who is so dissapointed.

People talking about how their not gonna see them now or how they wouldn't have. I'm sorry that sounds over board to me.

GnR has always since I've been a fan from day one been late and or missed curfews. As I said fans have always been torn. Why be dissapointed some can't come to a financial agreement. Let's all pretend this isn't GnR.

We have known for a while now actually a whole US tour Izzy isn't there why place blame and bash and say your dissapointed? We knew Izzy wasn't there we knew it was likely money.

Again read what ones responding to first. I have never once even this tour expected GnR to be on time or quit before curfew. Being a fan of oh Idk almost 30 years I know better. It's nice their on time but was never expected from me. I also am not dissapointed after a whole tour I learned my suspicions of financial agreements were true. I have no problem with interviews but as fans we aren't owed an explanation to finance talks. Other bands keep that between them. I'm thankful it came out. But the sudden dissapointmwnt in GnR over it is dumb.

Acting like it's blasphemy a band has inner issues and your done is just too much. All bands do. Which was my point.

Great night

6 minutes ago, Juliette said:

What are you talking about?:facepalm:

Slash comes back for his own benefit, he realized that only in GNR -along with Axl -gonna be RELEVANT in world´s music, again. Come on, do you think he was successful at 2 -5 K shows attendance with Miles? haha . well. And for the percentage , don´t forget Axl has to pay all the structure, employees,etc because he had/has the control of the brand. They (Slash-Duff) sued him years ago (for licensee,etc) and lost in Court.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-hired-slash-duff-mckagan/

Stop with the cancer thing. Slsh said shitty things on Axl too, now they are in peace..that´s what matters.

It should be totally unfair if Slash -after quit the band more than twenty years ago- makes the same as Axl.

I think the percentage that the guy said pages back is accurate. 50% Axl , 50% between Duff and Slash. If you ask me, is too much what obtain the guys because Axl is the co-founder (along with Izzy), the frontman, stellar songwriter (contribuited in almost all the songs) lead singer, owns Guns N Roses name and kept the band´s name alive ...while the other guys leave so many years ago. He is the soul of the band.

Wow !  Don´t love him that much :wacko::facepalm:

" all we accept" ??¿- you should talk for yourself !!!!! And if this is a cash grab tour it is for the other guys too: Slash , Duff..

You can go on with that thing of keeping the name alive (ONE album in TWO decades!!) but Axl was doing Vegas residencies lately in the States. Of course Slash not being a singer and not having the GNR name was playing in smaller venues but he was doing better year after year lately (and doing things in his own terms) while Axl was going downhill. Now GNR just finished a tour that left them over 130 millions, ONLY because Slash came back to the band, so why should Axl take twice as much as Slash when he/GNR wouldn't have made half of that money without him?

GNR got $6.2 million playing two shows at Vegas this year.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7503431/guns-n-roses-tour-117-million-bruce-springsteen

Axl was getting around $800,000 a week (three shows) doing the Vegas residence.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-first-las-vegas-residency-concert-attendances-grosses-revealed/

Bottom line is, Axl wouldn't do half the money he's doing without Slash and Slash wouldn't do half the money he's doing without Axl. So, if them playing together is what's making them get this huge amount of money, they should split it fairly.

• Like 2