Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

On 08/09/2016 at 2:00 AM, Modano09 said:

It wouldn't hurt your feelings if someone you considered a good friend only did something for you because he made financial demands that were met?

Wpuld it hurt your feelings to be offered pay, or paid well below your value?

Izzy knows his worth in GnR related terms & wont sell his ass for less. Its called integrity.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jane M. said:
52 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Another sad thing is, im not talking about you, that whenever someone speaks out, he becomes the bad person and gets a lot of shit, before Steven spoke and everyone turned against him, now when Izzy spoke, everyone has turned against him, I don't think so Steven said anything wrong before if he wanted a reunion, if he wanted his old friends back, if he just vented out that his old friends left him. Now Izzy is not saying anything wrong if he wants partnership or equal money, he wrote the songs, so he deserves it. 

If Axl says then he gets no shit cause AXL IS GOD. But if Izzy says something just cause now he is not in good terms with Axl (Which none of us know), then he gets shit. 

THIS.

Oh come on. I see about an equal amount of people shitting on Izzy and people shitting on Axl/Duff/Slash in this thread.

And quite frankly,  all of it is ridiculous and unwarranted considering we dont know shit about anything really going on behind the scenes. 

I really don't get this ridiculous need for people to take sides in this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Probably (although the idea of anyone of them as a day laborer who needs money to provide for his family, as well as the 500K as an amount for that, makes me laugh). But it wouldn't make it less a cash grab and more "for the music". That was my point.

500k was a random number lol. Izzy should have been in the partnership, it's just a lot worse of a look when you're already getting paid damn well, and you can't sacrifice a little bit of change to insure the necessary people needed to make it a proper reunion are involved. Izzy should have been there before being discluded because he couldn't get a share of his own, one that he has an incredible case for earning

• Like 1

On 08/09/2016 at 2:46 AM, AlterL said:

Tell if something would you cut your pay in half for a friend who's inclusion would be insecure at best? Don't misunderstand me I love Izzy and his music, but if one guy is bringing a million, and another one a thousand or ten, why should the other guy walkout with half a million when he only brings ten thousands? He can't even be promoted for guest apparences because he might not show up to those if he has the chance. even to his friends this seems to be an issue, considering he apparently was supposed to be in even more GN'R shows than he was during past tours.

#Bullshit If Axl can be managed to start on time Izzy can be managed to play shows.

Please provide examples of all the GnR shows Izzy didnt show up to?

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Exactly. Same thing I had always said about Steven.. Work it all out in the contract. If they fuck up don't pay them.

We agree! Also Someone around here , who claimed they had inside knowledge, claimed them self that if the band violated curfew on the tour they wouldn't be paid at all, versus before were if the band was late they'd just pay a fine.

Yeah I'm dissapointed with this band... As much as I've argued both sides of it at different times in the past, this looks a lot worse on GNR than izzy. Axl and duff walk a fine line, and izzy is direct blunt and to the point. So..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

500k was a random number lol. Izzy should have been in the partnership, it's just a lot worse of a look when you're already getting paid damn well, and you can't sacrifice a little bit of change to insure the necessary people needed to make it a proper reunion are involved. Izzy should have been there before being discluded because he couldn't get a share of his own, one that he has an incredible case for earning

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but, again, it wasn't my point. I didn't get into the discussion on who deserves what and how the percentages should be split and I choose not to take sides.

Edited by Blackstar

The thing is without knowing who "they" Are everyone took to deciding for themselves.

We don't knowthe amount he was offered. Who are we to say it wasn't a good amount. We also don't know how involved he would be or wants to be.

What we do know is Axl seemed to have left the door open for negotiations. 

We also know since some claimed otherwise there is a working partnership between Axl, Slash and Duff since 1992. As I posted the link with the legal information a page or two back. This partnership was renewed in 2013 for ten more years. 

We would all love to point fingers and blame everyone but truth is the 3 have had a business partnership managing things like Prerecorded music videos etc for 24 years.

Izzy decided for many reasons to leave. He cited lawsuits the band could get or got. My guess here is that is why he didn't want in the partnership.

Are we seriously thinking he should get paid the same as guys who are making this happen while he sits at home tweeting about it? According to the interview much of these talks and working out the reunion has been happening for a few years.

Noone is saying Izzy doesn't deserve to be paid but take the fan glasses off and look on the business side of things.

Oh and the do it for the fans, come on now. 

Our whining for years didn't make it happen. They did it when they felt it was right.  It's their lives too. We are on the outside looking in and passing judgment when we don't know the circumstances.

Since Izzy is all about social media and surely is a member of this forum or reads it. My question is did he agree to do shows for a set amount and demand more or a crazy amount before taking the stage? Referring to the time he guest apeared.

Why must it be a debate? Why can't it be that Izzy and GnR couldn't come to a financial agreement? 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Wpuld it hurt your feelings to be offered pay, or paid well below your value?

Izzy knows his worth in GnR related terms & wont sell his ass for less. Its called integrity.

Did you magically get the numbers he was offered? I mean last I checked we don't know what he was offered.

And on the flip side of your statement perhaps some knew their worth and what they've put into it for this to happen and decided they were worth more than a guy who hasn't possibly put in much in 25 years.

Two sides to every story. We know a part of one and not enough to form an opinion. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

#Bullshit If Axl can be managed to start on time Izzy can be managed to play shows.

Please provide examples of all the GnR shows Izzy didnt show up to?

Haha, it'd be funny if Izzy was actually in GN'R this whole time but he had just only shown up to those select few shows over these past 20 years...

15 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

if Axl can reunite with Slash, after calling him a cancer along with all the other trash he talked i see no reason that there cannot be a reunion with Izzy. and seeing with only the 3union so far i can well see what a true AFD5 would bring in as far as ticket prices, merch etc. especially with '17 being the big reunion year. as i said before they have the opportunity to have a true all original members reunion; how many great bands can do that after such a long time apart? money talks!

Out of likes, well said. Money talks.....

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

We agree! Also Someone around here , who claimed they had inside knowledge, claimed them self that if the band violated curfew on the tour they wouldn't be paid at all, versus before were if the band was late they'd just pay a fine.

Yeah I'm dissapointed with this band... As much as I've argued both sides of it at different times in the past, this looks a lot worse on GNR than izzy. Axl and duff walk a fine line, and izzy is direct blunt and to the point. So..

Really? I mean you don't think other bands go through the same thing? They do. The difference is they don't air their dirty laundry as much.

Many bands argue over things. It's not the publics business really.

As GnR fans we have been split and torn around for years. Which is likely why interviews don't get done often besides media twisting stories and words alot.

Many bands violate curfew as well.

It's rock n roll

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, he said this:

Izzy: I spent my summer vacation touring with Axl's new GUNS N' ROSES and had some fun playing live again. Amazing fans out there.... It's hard to believe at times. Fantastic! GNR tour: Axl and I connected via cell phone this year. I stopped by to see if he looked as old as he might be... Same age as myself, you know, and he looked great! It was nice to reconnect with an old friend/war buddy/fellow musician. I told him later I'd like to join the fun in some way and he said I was welcome to come and play something, so I did! Took me about three weeks to recover from the six weeks of touring!!!!

But that's only normal... he is simply not used to that since he hasn't done a proper tour since the early 90's. And I can't imagine him returning to that... he's been out of the game for too long. Slash, Axl and Duff don't know any better... touring and playing crazy long live shows is something they never really stopped doing. Well, Axl stopped that for some time, but got back to that life again since the 2000's. Returning to that life style when you're in your mid 50's after not having done that for maybe 25 years is not something I see someone doing very easily. Especially not someone like Izzy who wants to be in charge of his own life and doesn't want to depend on other people.

I remember reading this comment of Izzy's before. This was the same tour Axl was talking about when Izzy went to the managers to get paid to tour with them and Axl felt a little....used, right?

• Like 1

i'm gonna weigh in here 

I think Izzy was extremely immature to have posted what he did on twitter - can people not hold themselves back when they are pissed off?? 

What he should've done is phoned Axl and screamed at him for basically slandering him on camera with Duff sitting there. Although Axl may have is point of view which in between Team Brazil and Izzy's non confrontational style - Axl basically alluded to Izzy being a flake and someone that bailed on the reunion. 

Unfortunately, Axl takes public tweets and public slandering to the heart so he will likely divorce himself from izzy for a good while now which is ridiculous. 

As far as the loot is concerned, I guarantee Fernando was a dick with Izzy and Axl didn't have a clue how those chats went 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mararoyce said:

I think Izzy is good when he has the others to write with and bounce ideas off of and  tweek his lyrics. He's a musician and not just a lyricist, wasn't that Axl's forte? Honestly, that last song's lyrics could have been written by a 5 yr old. I'm going to get flack for saying this, I know.

One last thing on this, the MUSIC Izzy puts out has the vibe of GnR in thier early days/AFD. Listen closely and you can hear it.

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I'd say we agree more often than not ;) The "not" just always sticks out more.

10 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I never saw a problem with Izzy's stage presence. He was cool, quiet and had a very very fucking killer style. And that was actually what attracted me to him in the first place. As I said, I started playing guitar cause of that quiet mysterious looking guy. If I wanted to see people running around I'd watch the Olympics :lol:

Exactly. You can't have everyone up there going nuts at once or then everything is neutral again and nothing stands out. It's like when they say it's the space between the musical notes that is important. It provides balance and Izzy balances the band. Also his idea of the original 5 doing new material sounds genius

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

What he should've done is phoned Axl and screamed at him for basically slandering him on camera with Duff sitting there. Although Axl may have is point of view which in between Team Brazil and Izzy's non confrontational style - Axl basically alluded to Izzy being a flake and someone that bailed on the reunion. 

Lol, I'm sure he'd love to, only I don't think he can call Axl. To shout at him especially! He talked about it previously - he has to call the management and ask them to tell Axl to call him if he wishes.

5 hours ago, bikka said:

And why is everybody talking about a world tour? We've heard about 4 dates only where he was supposed to appear. He could surely handle that... The fact that the other 3 couldn't bear to cut their wages for those 4 dates to accomodate him speaks volumes.

Btw there's an interview with Izzy where he says he doesn't understand why he's got such bad rap when it comes to touring

It does speak volumes. It speaks the perfect and most rational volume. It says Hey Axl Slash and Duff put together a world tour and everything that goes into the planning/merch/hotel/crew etc. You want to show up on a few dates, that would be awesome. No way in hell youre getting the same cut as me. Ive been busting ass 2:30 per night traveling city to city. More than welcome to show up then leave, but youre doing the bare minimum, so no you will not get the same cut.