Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

9 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You can go on with that thing of keeping the name alive (ONE album in TWO decades!!) but Axl was doing Vegas residencies lately in the States. Of course Slash not being a singer and not having the GNR name was playing in smaller venues but he was doing better year after year lately (and doing things in his own terms) while Axl was going downhill. Now GNR just finished a tour that left them over 130 millions, ONLY because Slash came back to the band, so why should Axl take twice as much as Slash when he/GNR wouldn't have made half of that money without him?

GNR got $6.2 million playing two shows at Vegas this year.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7503431/guns-n-roses-tour-117-million-bruce-springsteen

Axl was getting around $800,000 a week (three shows) doing the Vegas residence.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-first-las-vegas-residency-concert-attendances-grosses-revealed/

Bottom line is, Axl wouldn't do half the money he's doing without Slash and Slash wouldn't do half the money he's doing without Axl. So, if them playing together is what's making them get this huge amount of money, they should split it fairly.

They should,...but Axl is the owner of the GNR name, so he doesn't have to. Slash makes much more getting 25% of GNR playing stadiums than getting let's say 75% of his solo shows in theaters and clubs. 

At this point, Axl owns this Wendy's franchise and Slash and Duff just flip the burgers. 

Edited by Radio flyer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You can go on with that thing of keeping the name alive (ONE album in TWO decades!!) but Axl was doing Vegas residencies lately in the States. Of course Slash not being a singer and not having the GNR name was playing in smaller venues but he was doing better year after year lately (and doing things in his own terms) while Axl was going downhill. Now GNR just finished a tour that left them over 130 millions, ONLY because Slash came back to the band, so why should Axl take twice as much as Slash when he/GNR wouldn't have made half of that money without him?

GNR got $6.2 million playing two shows at Vegas this year.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7503431/guns-n-roses-tour-117-million-bruce-springsteen

Axl was getting around $800,000 a week (three shows) doing the Vegas residence.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-first-las-vegas-residency-concert-attendances-grosses-revealed/

Bottom line is, Axl wouldn't do half the money he's doing without Slash and Slash wouldn't do half the money he's doing without Axl. So, if them playing together is what's making them get this huge amount of money, they should split it fairly.

The problem here is Axl,Slash and Duff have agreed to their terms, why dispute them?

I don't care if you were a fan of GnR once Slash left or not.The name was derived from Axl Rose and Traci Guns not any other member. He had a right to keep that name. Much as Slash told Steven the name he came up with and Steven wanted to use after he was fired for his new band was his.

Axl despite how anyone feels carried on GnR. It don't matter who agreed or disagreed. 

Fact is he also filled more seats then Slash's band did especially in say Brazil. It's true together they do better. Of course fans became split after the issues between him and Slash. Many wouldn't and didn't give CD a chance because of it.

He'll even Duff in the interview all bit said he sees what other may not in it. Those guys thought it was great. 

Again speculation from fans on who's getting what. So what if Axl makes more?? He has several members to pay. He's also been there from day one. Again I don't know who makes what. Why sit and bash someone when you don't know? Also why care when they have no issue with how their pay is?

Making arguments out of something that's not one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

I'm not gonna speculate on Duff, but I'm quite certain Slash wouldn't of signed up unless him and Axl are basically making the same. He had all the leverage. Just him being back in GN'R is what caused all of this hype. They're selling out stadiums because he's back. Before he returned Axl was a Vegas act and then many members of his band quit. This is high level negotiations that all their people were doing and leverage is king.

Axl was making more then Slash. Friends in other countries say they would sale out or come close. 

Slash wasn't.

I'd say both had leverage. More accurate but Axl wasn't showing up on Slash's doorsteps or at his concerts with guitar in hand.

Want to add I'm a fan of Slash and all GnR Izzy included but throwing up their contracts in Izzy's issue is pointless. As is saying Axl is money hungry and don't deserve something.

Slash is a bad ass on guitar Axl is the best frontman alive imo.

Together their beyond awesome

Edited by BOSSY78
added

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

im gonna lay it in hard on Axl now 

the guy totally seems like a douche in his interviews! this is after me loving worshipping him after all the fucking shit 

talking vaguely like he's above it all, saying my people, the guy is a total primadona and hasn't changed one bit - people do not change 

izzy is real and the rest well are in there little line of servants and its gay 

dont get me wrong im 1 die hard gnr fan but this whole axl izzy shit is fucking way offside 

GNR CAMP 

CLEAN IT UP AS I WAS GONNA BUY SOUTH AMERICA TICKETS AND NOW IM TOTALLY AMBIVALENT...honestly

Be honest..did you think Axl should air their financial talks in an interview?

What other bands do? 

Idk to me me he tried to be vague and even said he wasn't bashing Izzy. 

Perhaps there's more to it?

Two sides to every story. Is it our business what they get paid?

Not really. Did we or were we told Izzy was gonna be there?

Finally he said they as in plural why bash Axl? 

Do you know all the details?

Are you jumping to conclusions?

Just wondering.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Radio flyer said:

They should,...but Axl is the owner of the GNR name, so he doesn't have to. Slash makes much more getting 25% of GNR playing stadiums than getting let's say 75% of his solo shows in theaters and clubs. 

At this point, Axl owns this Wendy's franchise and Slash and Duff just flip the burgers. 

Axl also makes much more playing with Slash than playing without him, that's the point. They need each other, it's not like Axl was doing just as good on his own and now he's doing Slash a favor.

7 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

The problem here is Axl,Slash and Duff have agreed to their terms, why dispute them?

I don't care if you were a fan of GnR once Slash left or not.The name was derived from Axl Rose and Traci Guns not any other member. He had a right to keep that name. Much as Slash told Steven the name he came up with and Steven wanted to use after he was fired for his new band was his.

Axl despite how anyone feels carried on GnR. It don't matter who agreed or disagreed. 

Fact is he also filled more seats then Slash's band did especially in say Brazil. It's true together they do better. Of course fans became split after the issues between him and Slash. Many wouldn't and didn't give CD a chance because of it.

He'll even Duff in the interview all bit said he sees what other may not in it. Those guys thought it was great. 

Again speculation from fans on who's getting what. So what if Axl makes more?? He has several members to pay. He's also been there from day one. Again I don't know who makes what. Why sit and bash someone when you don't know? Also why care when they have no issue with how their pay is?

Making arguments out of something that's not one.

Well, actually my post is from two days ago or so and I have already moved on the subject, I don't really care anymore.

Gotta say, though, when people talk about Izzy they say he deserves less because he doesn't sell tickets. Now, talking about Slash why should we talk about the band's name (is Tracii getting anything for it?), being a founding member and those kind of things? Using that perspective, Izzy deserves as much (if not more) than Slash and Duff.

About Chinese Democracy, I personally love it but Duff was speaking for himself, not for both. Slash, as far as I know, never said it's great.

Ps: What Slash did to Steven with that silly band name was rude, stupid and unnecesary!

14 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

More accurate but Axl wasn't showing up on Slash's doorsteps or at his concerts with guitar in hand.

Isn't that speculation as well? As far as I know, the 'Slash going guitar in hand' thing is nothing but a myth still. Even if true, I think that was 2001, I'm pretty sure Slash was doing quite better in 2015 and I'd say Axl was doing worse (correct me if I'm wrong, don't remember for how many people he was playing in the 2002 tour).

15 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Izzy is pissed

In another news, GNR fired Steven Adler and chose The Cult's drummer Matt Sorum as the replacement :P

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He didn't hide 'in a cave for 2 decades'. Since Izzy left GN'R, he has made eleven solo albums. That is ten more albums than Axl released during a similar period. The briefest of web searches would have amended your error.

That's great bumble foot has made how many?

Noone is disputing Izzy is awesome. The dispute is if he should be paid equal to those who have put in more work. 

A partnership that's registered is legally binding. Izzy isn't a part of it. It is what it is.

Izzy also may not have worked on this reunion like they did. 

Many circumstances we don't know. 

Please tell me when Izzy has performed besides with Axl GnR music?

The other 3 have keeping the music alive and reaching new fans.

Edited by BOSSY78
added

Why are people proliferating the myth that Axl is the only one who remained, carrying on the name (thus deserving more)?

Let's keep things within a degree of reality here: Axl quit Guns N' Roses. He quit Guns in 1995 thus folding the band. He subsequently formed a new band which just happens to have the same name as Guns N' Roses. Nobody remained from that band. The band folded on 31st December 1995.

2 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

That's great bumble foot has made how many?

Noone is disputing Izzy is awesome. The dispute is if he should be paid equal to those who have put in more work. 

A partnership that's registered is legally binding. Izzy isn't a part of it. It is what it is.

Many circumstances we don't know. 

Well I was replying to that specific claim that Izzy has 'hidden in a cave for twenty years'. The idea of Izzy ''doing nothing after 1991'' - repeated in this thread on two or three occasions now - is in reality blatantly untrue and infact could not be further from the truth.

You may as well get these things right!

• Like 1

Izzy should do a proper interview and give all the details that what happened

its great to see him opening up. So Well he should do a proper interview or record himself and just vent out

He owns a gopro. So he can do it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Axl also makes much more playing with Slash than playing without him, that's the point. They need each other, it's not like Axl was doing just as good on his own and now he's doing Slash a favor.

Well, actually my post is from two days ago or so and I have already moved on the subject, I don't really care anymore.

Gotta say, though, when people talk about Izzy they say he deserves less because he doesn't sell tickets. Now, talking about Slash why should we talk about the band's name (is Tracii getting anything for it?), being a founding member and those kind of things? Using that perspective, Izzy deserves as much (if not more) than Slash and Duff.

About Chinese Democracy, I personally love it but Duff was speaking for himself, not for both. Slash, as far as I know, never said it's great.

Ps: What Slash did to Steven with that silly band name was rude, stupid and unnecesary!

Isn't that speculation as well? As far as I know, the 'Slash going guitar in hand' thing is nothing but a myth still. Even if true, I think that was 2001, I'm pretty sure Slash was doing quite better in 2015 and I'd say Axl was doing worse (correct me if I'm wrong, don't remember for how many people he was playing in the 2002 tour).

In another news, GNR fired Steven Adler and chose The Cult's drummer Matt Sorum as the replacement :P

Odd for some reason it shows your post as being made 43 minutes ago. 

Sometimes it combines quotes. I believe the one about the band name was to another poster. I brought it up because they claimed he had no right to it. Someone also claimed he didn't deserve such and such money because he did nothing with GnR and had a had a yada.

I agree they are better together but I also know the amount of work Axl put into keeping GnR alive.

In 2015 Axl was planning this reunion. Slash was as well.

The Vegas residency in I believe 2014 was odd considering how well he was doing. Of course reunion was in works by then.

I'll give you speculation on Slash and guitar in hand as its been so long I can't remember the source. I do know the house incident was true.

I'm not trying to knock Slash. The guys amazing but many don't give Axl the credit. 

As far as Izzy it's more about me understanding the business side. Not his ticket sales or songs he wrote etc.

I know a few that said GnR did well ticket wise in 2010. 2002 that's so long ago idk what sales were like.

29 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Why is this getting perpetueted again? What did they do??? Name a few things, will you? In the interview Axl explicitly says their people started arranging things. He had a dinner. Sorry everyone who believes this nice myth of hardworking rock and rollers. They put work into recordings (well, some do) but not into managing, negotiating, writting contracts, etc. They tell their lawyers what they want and then sit on their butt and wait. And organizing a tour has even less of their input. Bottom line: in "organizing" this reuninion A/S/D did little more than I. Unless you talk about cashing in...

32 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

The other 3 have keeping the music alive and reaching new fans.

Lol. at $200 a ticket they surely do... They are earning millions only because of the old fanbase and only a part of it - those that in the course of those 20 years have god a good job and can afford a little nostalgia moment at that price

8 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Odd for some reason it shows your post as being made 43 minutes ago. 

Sometimes it combines quotes. I believe the one about the band name was to another poster. I brought it up because they claimed he had no right to it. Someone also claimed he didn't deserve such and such money because he did nothing with GnR and had a had a yada.

I agree they are better together but I also know the amount of work Axl put into keeping GnR alive.

In 2015 Axl was planning this reunion. Slash was as well.

The Vegas residency in I believe 2014 was odd considering how well he was doing. Of course reunion was in works by then.

I'll give you speculation on Slash and guitar in hand as its been so long I can't remember the source. I do know the house incident was true.

I'm not trying to knock Slash. The guys amazing but many don't give Axl the credit. 

As far as Izzy it's more about me understanding the business side. Not his ticket sales or songs he wrote etc.

I know a few that said GnR did well ticket wise in 2010. 2002 that's so long ago idk what sales were like.

I mean the original post was made 2 days ago, the one you're referring to isn't the first, I was explaining my POV to someone who quoted that one.

Well, I don't feel Axl put THAT MUCH work into "keeping GNR alive". In that same frame of tme, Slash put together the 2nd Snakepit, then VR, then released his all-stars album and then created SMKC, releasing 6 albums. I feel Axl had a vision at first and looked for the right guys to bring it to life but then his band started to fall apart (in part because of his lack of compromise, the other day someone posted a quote from Finck saying he was tired on working on instrumentals) and he just started filling the blanks, loosing quality IMO and doing pretty much the same show for years.

If my memory serves, Bumblefoot had told some fans here in Argentina that he was about to leave and that he knew TB wanted to make a reunion happen. At the same time, it's hard for me to believe Axl decided to release that Apptetite For Democracy DVD knowing the real deal was getting back together.

I'm sure Slash himself admitted going to Axl's house and talking to Beta. He said it was because of a lawsuit they had, though.

The thing is, we all seem to have a different opinion as to how much credit each of these guys deserve. We'll never agree on that I guess, too many angles to analize it, plus each fan's personal fondness to a certain/s member/s.

Anyway, should have gone to bed a few hours ago. Goodnight! :)

41 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:
31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why are people proliferating the myth that Axl is the only one who remained, carrying on the name (thus deserving more)?

Let's keep things within a degree of reality here: Axl quit Guns N' Roses. He quit Guns in 1995 thus folding the band. He subsequently formed a new band which just happens to have the same name as Guns N' Roses. Nobody remained from that band. The band folded on 31st December 1995.

Well I was replying to that specific claim that Izzy has 'hidden in a cave for twenty years'. The idea of Izzy ''doing nothing after 1991'' - repeated in this thread on two or three occasions now - is in reality blatantly untrue and infact could not be further from the truth.

You may as well get these 

Getting this straight as you said he did it to form the partnership and save the band. His own words. Again legal stuff. But let's try to act like he really quit when it was no more than to make certain things legally binding. Axl's chats on here I'm sure hold this info or at least some about it.

Again a quick check back at the link I posted on page 38 or 37 to the registry will show you the partnership started in 1992. It was renewed twice for ten year intervals. The last renewal being 2013.

I don't deny Izzy has done music but he hasn't been involved with anything GnR really outside his appearances he's made. I think that's the point many may be making.

There's a difference.

Don't get me wrong Izzy is a Co founder and important but business is business.

2 hours ago, Juliette said:

What are you talking about?:facepalm:

Slash comes back for his own benefit, he realized that only in GNR -along with Axl -gonna be RELEVANT in world´s music, again. Come on, do you think he was successful at 2 -5 K shows attendance with Myles? haha . well. And for the percentage , don´t forget Axl has to pay all the structure, employees,etc because he had/has the control of the brand. They (Slash-Duff) sued him years ago (for licensee,etc) and lost in Court.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-hired-slash-duff-mckagan/

Stop with the cancer thing. Slsh said shitty things on Axl too, now they are in peace..that´s what matters.

It should be totally unfair if Slash -after quit the band more than twenty years ago- makes the same as Axl.

I think the percentage that the guy said pages back is accurate. 50% Axl , 50% between Duff and Slash. If you ask me, is too much what obtain the guys because Axl is the co-founder (along with Izzy), the frontman, stellar songwriter (contribuited in almost all the songs) lead singer, the boss of the other musicians (employees) owns Guns N Roses name and kept the band´s name alive ...while the other guys leave so many years ago. He is the soul of the band.

He (with GNR) sold-out stadiums few years ago with the other musicians (before the reunion) in south america for example, believe it or not.

Wow !  Don´t love him that much :wacko::facepalm:

" we all accept" ??¿- you should talk for yourself !!!!! And if this is a cash grab tour it is for the other guys involved too: Slash , Duff..

Look, it's the ultimate Axl nutswinger.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Don't get me wrong Izzy is a Co founder and important but business is business.

That much is evident!

I was already disgusted by the ticket prices to be honest.

I would be hard pushed to even call this a 'band' now to be honest. A profit making machine perhaps?

16 minutes ago, bikka said:

Why is this getting perpetueted again? What did they do??? Name a few things, will you? In the interview Axl explicitly says their people started arranging things. He had a dinner. Sorry everyone who believes this nice myth of hardworking rock and rollers. They put work into recordings (well, some do) but not into managing, negotiating, writting contracts, etc. They tell their lawyers what they want and then sit on their butt and wait. And organizing a tour has even less of their input. Bottom line: in "organizing" this reuninion A/S/D did little more than I. Unless you talk about cashing in...

Lol. at $200 a ticket they surely do... They are earning millions only because of the old fanbase and only a part of it - those that in the course of those 20 years have god a good job and can afford a little nostalgia moment at that price

So again back to my "they" comment. Izzy said they which most have assumed means Axl.

You say management does negotiations. So would that mean your implying they did Izzys? Not once have I seen management blamed.

Realistically I know whatever management does goes through the band'sapproval first.

I have said all along they is plural and no names were given.

I guess Axl Slash and Duff just sat on their asses. They let management and promoters etc design, rehearse, negotiate with no say.

I'm sure they didn't sit on the phones talking venues, sit in meetings pick out designs, logos, rehearse. Show up to concerts. Deal with the headaches from all sides.

I get what your saying I do. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That much is evident!

I was already disgusted by the ticket prices to be honest.

I would be hard pushed to even call this a 'band' now to be honest. A profit making machine perhaps?

I paid more for my ACDC tickets than GnR tickets. 

Maybe some of the vip stuff was priced high but I felt the tickets were good prices overall for this.

16 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I mean the original post was made 2 days ago, the one you're referring to isn't the first, I was explaining my POV to someone who quoted that one.

Well, I don't feel Axl put THAT MUCH work into "keeping GNR alive". In that same frame of tme, Slash put together the 2nd Snakepit, then VR, then released his all-stars album and then created SMKC, releasing 6 albums. I feel Axl had a vision at first and looked for the right guys to bring it to life but then his band started to fall apart (in part because of his lack of compromise, the other day someone posted a quote from Finck saying he was tired on working on instrumentals) and he just started filling the blanks, loosing quality IMO and doing pretty much the same show for years.

If my memory serves, Bumblefoot had told some fans here in Argentina that he was about to leave and that he knew TB wanted to make a reunion happen. At the same time, it's hard for me to believe Axl decided to release that Apptetite For Democracy DVD knowing the real deal was getting back together.

I'm sure Slash himself admitted going to Axl's house and talking to Beta. He said it was because of a lawsuit they had, though.

The thing is, we all seem to have a different opinion as to how much credit each of these guys deserve. We'll never agree on that I guess, too many angles to analize it, plus each fan's personal fondness to a certain/s member/s.

Anyway, should have gone to bed a few hours ago. Goodnight! :)

I can respect all opinions. You're right we do. I hope you have a great night. Goodnight.

Found a copy on another forum through Google search of the contract sighed in 1992. It states Izzy resigned from the partnership and gives a date and tells how. A Google search would find it or perhaps it's on this forum somewhere 

It's a pretty interesting read either way.

I do hope Izzy shows up at some point. The guy is great. 

There's some specific language as well about Noone else being allowed in partnership without unanimous votes and stuff. 

Again I have no clue what his offer was why it wasn't what he wanted but I also found some possible proof of pay documents. Izzy's share being possibly  bought by other members. I'm still looking into that part of the document. I'm tired so gonna look over when I wake up.

Edited by BOSSY78
edit
  • Like 1