The Home Cookin' Thread W/ Recipes

AxlsFavoriteRose

1 minute ago, soon said:

That platter is bizarrely affordable for all that it is!  Those drink prices sound fairly average for where I am.  9% on $6 is a sound investment for sure

It was like a six pack in one. I could probably get a full rack of ribs and 6 Chorizo inthe supermarket but the variety would be difficult. The reisenling probably half that. But you're in a beer garden and service with full german beer bar down stairs. 

6 minutes ago, wasted said:

It was like a six pack in one. I could probably get a full rack of ribs and 6 Chorizo inthe supermarket but the variety would be difficult. The reisenling probably half that. But you're in a beer garden and service with full german beer bar down stairs. 

Sounds like a pretty decent place, ever do Octoberfest there?

17 minutes ago, soon said:

Sounds like a pretty decent place, ever do Octoberfest there?

Yes, there's Paulaners everywhere. This place was called Hamburg Beer Restaurant. Outside was good with the Epic beer shack, downstairs brewery was impressive. Inside it was a bit like 3 star hotel restaurant decor. There was air con though. I have a ferling at 11pm it would full of germans watching sports. But at 5pm it was like the hotel in The Shining. Huge corridors and wood panelled rooms. I'm not sure I'm describing it well. It was solid without being fancy. 

http://www.smartshanghai.com/venue/9253/hamburg_house

Edited by wasted

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

Yes, there's Paulaners everywhere. This place was called Hamburg Beer Restaurant. Outside was good with the Epic beer shack, downstairs brewery was impressive. Inside it was a bit like 3 star hotel restaurant decor. There was air con though. I have a ferling at 11pm it would full of germans watching sports. But at 5pm it was like the hotel in The Shining. Huge corridors and wood panelled rooms. 

no beer and no tv make something something 

3 minutes ago, soon said:

no beer and no tv make something something 

There was definitely beer downstairs and one of those big screens for sports. It was a long walk over there to the second chamber so I just got my litre of 9% beer and marched up the spiral staircase to the war room. 

There's pics in the link showing the The Shining aspect. There were waitresses in German uniforms standing motionless and one 4 year old tricycling around. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

There was definitely beer downstairs and one of those big screens for sports. It was a long walk over there to the second chamber so I just got my litre of 9% beer and marched up the spiral staircase to the war room. 

There's pics in the link showing the The Shining aspect. There were waitresses in German uniforms standing motionless and one 4 year old tricycling around. 

ha!  Thats a nice looking place. Really does having a shining vibe.

And the 9% for 6 was a litre?!?!  No, a place like that round here would be considerably more pricey then that.

Do you live in China?

30 minutes ago, wasted said:

that sounds like one of those strange German videos ( no offense people i am part German! and like almost everything else too :P )

1 hour ago, soon said:

ha!  Thats a nice looking place. Really does having a shining vibe.

And the 9% for 6 was a litre?!?!  No, a place like that round here would be considerably more pricey then that.

Do you live in China?

Well, shanghai, it's as much china as NYC is the US. I think it was a pint actually, the litre had handles? It was hard to order, I just pointed and paid the 60rmb, I'm not sure that is 6 dollars exactly. I know I could have go 20 cans of Tsingdao light for that. 

12 hours ago, wasted said:

Well, shanghai, it's as much china as NYC is the US. I think it was a pint actually, the litre had handles? It was hard to order, I just pointed and paid the 60rmb, I'm not sure that is 6 dollars exactly. I know I could have go 20 cans of Tsingdao light for that. 

An agent of mine will be coming over with Ringo's catbell and some dead flowers smeared in poop that I've purchased from a retarded kid on ebay. Very expensive shit. The seller claims it's genuine and from the Neil Young benefit disaster but I can't guarantee it's 100% all original parts. There is really no need to exchange insurance information. It was just a small fender bender and it's not like you're driving a Lamb. I know a guy with a fly name that got into a true trainwreck and he said it was worse than getting cancer in the balls so this will have to do.

If not, you're gonna hear from my lawyers of course, but I  wouldn't go there if I was you.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

An agent of mine will be coming over with Ringo's catbell and some dead flowers smeared with poop that I've purchased from a retarded kid on ebay. Very expensive shit. The seller claims it's genuine and from the Neil Young benefit disaster but I can't guarantee it's 100% all original parts. There is really no need to exchange insurance information. It was just a small fender bender and it's not like you're driving a Lamb. I know a guy with a fly name that got into a true trainwreck and he said it was worse than getting cancer in the balls so this will have to do.

If not, you're gonna hear from my lawyers of course, but I  wouldn't go there if I was you.

I've definitely drunk some bootleg Bordeaux and watch a whole decade of fake dvds. Allegedly.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that sounds like one of those strange German videos ( no offense people i am part German! and like almost everything else too :P )

My theory is Germany won the war and we are all brainwashed robots with german circuitry. Hence I have drink 9% beer and watch Project Runway boxsets. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wasted said:

Sounds like an interesting place to live!  Did you grow up there?  And Im curious if being a gnr fan after Chinese democracy could put you in a touch spot ever?

so got the turkey all ready to put on the BBQ. made the potato salad and got the stuff all ready for the strawberry tart. cheated and bout premade coleslaw *hanging head in shame*. people are bring snacks and beer so that's cool. bring on the BBQ! and thank you to the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice because that is the real meaning of Memorial Day.

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so got the turkey all ready to put on the BBQ. made the potato salad and got the stuff all ready for the strawberry tart. cheated and bout premade coleslaw *hanging head in shame*. people are bring snacks and beer so that's cool. bring on the BBQ! and thank you to the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice because that is the real meaning of Memorial Day.

It thawed!  yay!  You went back to the tarts?  you rebel! :) 

dont worry about premade coleslaw! everything sounds sooooo good

Happy Memorial Day

• Like 1

Just now, soon said:

It thawed!  yay!  You went back to the tarts?  you rebel! :) 

dont worry about premade coleslaw! everything sounds sooooo good

Happy Memorial Day

thank you! if you do Memorial Day but you have have a happy one. or just a plain ole have a happy day if you don't :)

btw watching a marathon of Nashville but dammit i came in near the end and i have seen all these. except the one where you know who dies....that will be a tear jerker for sure for me.

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

thank you! if you do Memorial Day but you have have a happy one. or just a plain ole have a happy day if you don't :)

btw watching a marathon of Nashville but dammit i came in near the end and i have seen all these. except the one where you know who dies....that will be a tear jerker for sure for me.

No holiday here but I think for some Francophones it is, I should really learn that.  Its a rain storm here, again.  Would be a perfect evening for a Nashville marathon.  Actually, I might do that!  Yeah, I haven't actually seen the episode myself and it sounds dreadful.

Post some pics of your BBQ turkey if you get a chance!?

2 minutes ago, soon said:

No holiday here but I think for some Francophones it is, I should really learn that.  Its a rain storm here, again.  Would be a perfect evening for a Nashville marathon.  Actually, I might do that!  Yeah, I haven't actually seen the episode myself and it sounds dreadful.

Post some pics of your BBQ turkey if you get a chance!?

ha! if we don't all just go neanderthal and start ripping it apart with our hands i will! :lol:

7 hours ago, soon said:

Sounds like an interesting place to live!  Did you grow up there?  And Im curious if being a gnr fan after Chinese democracy could put you in a touch spot ever?

Not that I've noticed. I actually got a few early bootlegs of Better and live versions of Silkworms, Riad in chinese dvd stores. I've a got a chinese version of CD with chinese characters on it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wasted said:

Not that I've noticed. I actually got a few early bootlegs of Better and live versions of Silkworms, Riad in chinese dvd stores. I've a got a chinese version of CD with chinese characters on it. 

oh, cool!  Especially the Chinese characters.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I'm stupidly busy this week, therefore I've committed to cook shakshuka, a cottage pie and a lemon drizzle cake. In 24 hours I'll be regretting this deeply.

Why do we do that to ourselves, eh?  Been there myself.  

I love Shakshuka!

And I second Quenn AFR, Produce Goddesses; also in Canada we call it shepherds pie even when its beef - which for me it usually is.  Shepherds pie having lamb makes sense - do folks raise cattle at the cottage?  

Is there cumin in a cottage pie?

Edited by soon
quoted wrong part
  • Like 1