Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

Whilst we are on guitarists, how does Rick Richards stand up? I have both Georgia Satellites and In the land of salvation and sin. He seems to be another really good  understated guitarist, who seems to have taken the decision to be low key. This might be my impression because I'm in the UK, I,m not sure how big they were in the US. 

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

Whilst we are on guitarists, how does Rick Richards stand up? I have both Georgia Satellites and In the land of salvation and sin. He seems to be another really good  understated guitarist, who seems to have taken the decision to be low key. This might be my impression because I'm in the UK, I,m not sure how big they were in the US. 

I can't judge that. Speaking of Georgia Sattelites: I literally found out day before yesterday that I must have had some EP or single from the Georgia Sattelites way back when they played Hippie Hippie Shake for that film. I never remembered the band's name, funnily. But when I listend to their version of HHS I knew that was the one I've had. 

(Was that understandable? I'm tired and my english is gone...)

LCX5UE.gif

tumblr_mav384lebe1r2zx9so2_250.gif

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8lc0f7j1h1k4

tumblr_mrc4mkawzO1sb1y1eo1_400.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'll take Slash over any shredder any day, they bore me to death. I'll always choose feelings over technique. 

About Rick, he is an awesome guitarist, I haven't really paid much attention to Georgia Satellites (I must!) but I do love the southern rock sound he gives to Izzy's songs. And his slide guitar is magic. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I think his style fits really nicely with both Georgia Satellites and the Ju Ju Hounds 

Here's also an interview...

https://earofnewt.com/2014/12/21/the-georgia-satellites-rick-richards-prefers-three-chords-and-a-clouda-dust/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks, I've read that interview before and always asked myself what Izzy really feels when the guitar guy offers him the latest Slash Les Paul or when he reads that Slash is supposed to be the last Rock n Roll Hero. What do you guys think? Somehow I assume Izzy must be a wee bit disappointed and maybe even envious. He knows he deserves more recognition and praise for his songwriting after all. It must bugger him.

Or maybe it's just me and it buggers me. :lol:

yeah i think the same Jen said...

I think slash is a virtuoso, I listen to his solos and I do not understand his magic, he is sensual, relaxed and raw at the same time, it's an incredible sensation when you hear it ... but Izzy in a certain way is something bigger ... his riffs are like a Ax sharp, the rhythm goes just in time, carefree but concentrated at the same time and without doubt represents an attitude .. when I listen to Izzy is a whole .. is rock n roll, pure and old school, instead slash is a trademark (Which is not bad, is different) anyway when I listen to them, together or separately  they  break my head in pieces. So i don't know ... i think his feelings about GNR and each member changes in each interview depending  if they were talking to each other in that moment :lol: but if he was jealous or something , he shouldn't... i think he has something more pure that our beloved Slash :) 

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Found this on tumblr. Coming from a bunch of dysfunctional fucks I'd take it as a compliment :lol:

tumblr_opjbdqfpdj1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

Source is, of course, katyaani.

"Turn around bitch I got a use for you":rofl-lol:

I wasn't expecting less from a band like Guns N' Roses so thanks assholes!

Now go fuck yourselves. :hahafyou:

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes well, Axl still puts the models to the front of the stage :facepalm:

I've also heard that rock bands (when they age and the groupie phenomenon starts to diminish) start hiring models etc. to be in front of the stage.  I always thought that if Metallica did something similar, they would have bunch of therapists in front of stage instead of models..... :lol:

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm wondering what the other 30% were??

The other 30% were annoying trolls, who:

- filmed Axl without his permission (thanks, lame-ass security)

- wore wrong kind of shirts (Slash T-shirt?) 

- threw bottles /rocks at them (thanks, lame-ass security again)

Edited by Fourteenbeers
---
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

The other 30% were annoying trolls, who:

- filmed Axl without his permission (thanks, lame-ass security)

- wore wrong kind of shirts (Slash T-shirt?) 

- threw bottles /rocks at them (thanks, lame-ass security again)

:lol:

- Stole Izzys guitar pics :scared:

(Just any excuse to post this :P

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:lol:

- Stole Izzys guitar pics :scared:

(Just any excuse to post this :P

That is a classic clip of Izzy... he really is one kick-ass artist, isn't he? :lol: He can be cool, but still has some fire in him. 

3e5c81bd77c2d06596ce8d5cc84a4774d8010a65

Edited by Fourteenbeers
---
  • Like 2