Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

55 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

This is kinda random but I love how in the old pics they are all over each other. A lot of touching going on there. :awesomeface:

150218-guns-band-3-640x426.jpg

5457b3b3-4f94-4519-91e6-ffe076c0919e_560

0539-cover-toc-x600.jpg

6c495d74-55e2-4399-83bb-acf4534174c5.jpg

I love all the touchy-feely love in those early pics, too. Like soccer players after a score. (I'm sure they were all over each other.) 

10 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Thought about that possibility too. :P

Could be, Izzy always seemed to be into blondes. :awesomeface:

Tall blonde, right here!  You know, just FYI... :awesomeface:

PS - I am literally sitting here giggling and blushing at that picture like a HUGE :rofl-lol: dork.  A HUGE one. :takethat:

7 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Tall blonde, right here!  You know, just FYI... :awesomeface:

PS - I am literally sitting here giggling and blushing at that picture like a HUGE :rofl-lol: dork.  A HUGE one. :takethat:

Yeah right, know what you're talking about. It's a pic to brighten up a silly day. :awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I'm in pic posting mood these days. Just tell me to stop when it sucks, ok?

*fangirling away* :wub:

That's not likely going to happen. :heart:

I just stumbled upon this Fortus interview from 2015 and well, he happens to be one of us too. :P

LRI: As a big fan of Izzy Stradlin, in Guns N’ Roses and solo. He is such an enigma in the way he is so low-key. For instance, he still puts out solo albums but you never see any pre-release hype or even any indication they are coming, they just show up on iTunes or you just hear about them on music message boards. So, I must ask what it is like when he drops in? Has he offered you any advice or are there any cool Izzy stories you care to share?

RF: There are a lot of cool Izzy stories. He’s spent a lot of time with us on the road. Izzy is one of my favorite people! He is a very genuine person, a very authentic guy and he does what he wants to do. We share a passion for motorcycles so we have a lot in common.

He doesn’t have much interest in being in a touring rock band otherwise he’d be doing it. It was great to hang out with him and to have him out on the road with us! Whenever he comes out, it is always a treat and it is always fun! He is a good hang!

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2015/07/27/richard-fortus-discusses-guns-n-roses-future-playing-with-izzy-stradlin-the-dead-daisies-revolucion-and-more/

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What is his genre?

Not really sure, he said he related more to the Primus/NIN/Replacements members of the band at the time he joined. He is there to play Izzys guitar parts mostly, you'd think they would get someone who at least likes the original bands music too. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Richard wasn't a fan of GnR, before joining. Totally not his genre! Why does Axl  do that? I will never understand it :facepalm:

Probably the only NuGnR member that was a fan before joining was DJ Ashba :lol: All the others were in it for the paycheck and  some of them likely because they were intrigued by Axl's expressed intention to build something new and different to the classic GnR.

Imo Axl was aware that he couldn't just find substitutes for the old members (Slash especially), so, even if he didn't want to go to another direction, he wouldn't have had a choice; he would have to look elsewhere. But in spite of that, I think that (with the exception of the horrendous Ashba period) there was a pattern in regards to the criteria he had for picking replacements. In that 2009 interview with Del he said (paraphrasing) that a big part of what made AFD so good was the "war" between the two guitarists. It seems to me that since Izzy left Axl had been trying to recreate the chemistry and the magic of the original band, regardless of the musical direction.

Let's take Izzy's replacements during the period Slash was still in the band: In Axl's mind Gilby was good enough for the tour, but not for recording. I think that one of the reasons (there were others, of course) Axl didn't want to keep Gilby was that he thought he wasn't able to "challenge" Slash musically; this is why he was looking for lead guitarists for Izzy's spot (Dave Navarro, Zakk Wylde). On the other hand, he tried to impose Paul Tobias, who in no way met the standards. The main reason probably was the power game, but I think there was something else: Tobias was Axl's friend and schoolmate from Indiana, like Izzy and maybe, since Axl believed in karma and all that, he thought that replacing Izzy with someone with the same origins could work (everything is possible with Axl).

Then Slash leaves too and there is no way for Axl to find something equivalent in terms of talent and personality, so two guitarists are not enough and he adds a third one, trying desperately to reproduce the "war".

And Duff's replacement was a punk bassist, who (coincidentally) also had an alcohol problem...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I'm in pic posting mood these days. Just tell me to stop when it sucks, ok?

tumblr_la22essEFL1qe0dj0o1_500.jpg

*fangirling away* :wub:

No need to stop... just look at those eyes :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Let's take Izzy's replacements during the period Slash was still in the band: In Axl's mind Gilby was good enough for the tour, but not for recording. I think that one of the reasons (there were others, of course) Axl didn't want to keep Gilby was that he thought he wasn't able to "challenge" Slash musically; this is why he was looking for lead guitarists for Izzy's spot (Dave Navarro, Zakk Wylde). On the other hand, he tried to impose Paul Tobias, who in no way met the standards. The main reason probably was the power game, but I think there was something else: Tobias was Axl's friend and schoolmate from Indiana, like Izzy and maybe, since Axl believed in karma and all that, he thought that replacing Izzy with someone with the same origins could work (everything is possible with Axl).

Can you imagine Zakk Wylde and his never ending pinch harmonics with Gn'R ?  :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dgnr said:

What about this gem??? Izzy's all over the place, man wouldn't shut up :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: 'Show them your buns, Ax', gets me all the time :P 

Believe it or not, Id never heard this interview before.

That was entertaining though, Probably the most talkative Ive ever heard Izzy, The cocaine must have been particularly good that day..lol

56 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

@Darkenchantress Probably my Favorite early GNR interview. Thanks for posting :D

No problem! i loved to read it again!

25 minutes ago, dgnr said:

What about this gem??? Izzy's all over the place, man wouldn't shut up :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: 'Show them your buns, Ax', gets me all the time :P 

LMAO. That one is hilarious. I'd never before heard Izzy speak that much. :lol: "It's when those chicks try to pull your pants off" :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

. It was pretty hilarious. Stevie would set up this suitcase and drum on it. Pretty crude. I would tape-record the whole thing on this little micro-cassette recorder. It sounded real good; that's how we wrote. I think maybe one day I'll press that stuff. So it doesn't matter what you write on, PortaStudios, eight-tracks. If you have a song that can cut it, it doesn't matter."

Yes please, what happened to this stuff did any of it get released? 

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

. It was pretty hilarious. Stevie would set up this suitcase and drum on it. Pretty crude. I would tape-record the whole thing on this little micro-cassette recorder. It sounded real good; that's how we wrote. I think maybe one day I'll press that stuff. So it doesn't matter what you write on, PortaStudios, eight-tracks. If you have a song that can cut it, it doesn't matter."

Yes please, what happened to this stuff did any of it get released? 

It probably in the vault:rolleyes: