01/25/17 - Yokohama, JP- Yokohama Arena

gunsguy

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

No but they are the only band that gets patted on the back for having a mediocre performance! 

There really is some truth to that! I am guilty.

Praise for Axl not sounding terrible or puts on a mediocre performance.
Praise when Frank doesn't sound like shit as rare as it is

The best is right before every leg when everyone says how great Axl looks and and has trimmed down after they see one picture.. Nope, he still has two chins, looks weird and his gut sticks out 5 times farther than his chest. 

19 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

One of the best Nightrain I have seen from this line up..

Too bad someone couldn't flick the blue haired Pokemon of the stage though.  Whoever says you can't notice her annoying useless ass is just wrong. Dizzy yes, Melissa no.... 

EDIT" And Dizzy isn't annoying or useless.

I first saw GN'R in '89. I wore out more AFD tapes and vinyl than I can remember. I stood in line for UYI releases. Shelled out tons of money buying tickets for friends over the years. 

I'm 43 and brought my 18 year old to both shows in MA this summer. 

Everyone in my life associates me with loving  this band. I've stuck through every incarnation, leak, rumor, discussion, interview and piece of news about this band. 

Basically, I'm saying is that I'm an old school fan that has been hooked since '87! 

There's prob a bunch of people like me here. 

And after all these years, I gotta say, I love everything about Melissa Reese in this band. Vocals, energy, attitude, looks, musical taste. Everything. 

I can understand the distaste for her, but no way can I ride that train. 

I'm not really a fan of Fink or Frank's live miscues. Pitman? Why? 

And imo Ashba was a complete joke who  had no business being in the band. 

I think this girl fits in and adds to the live sound without messing anything up. She's in the background,  which is perfect. 

Or maybe I'm just an old man who enjoys youthful  eye candy ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DPR714 said:

This is what the internet does.  Gives everyone a opportunity to Monday Morning Quarterback every show instead of just enjoying the show for what it was/is. This band is not Rush where everything is going to be perfect every night.

Yeah, using the Concert thread to discuss the Concert with other fans is pathetic! How about in every concert thread we discuss our favorite UYI songs? It's a lot more constructive and it won't hurt those who get triggered by negative opinions!

Next show I promise I'll use its thread to talk about Use Your Illusions, the album. Those who dare to talk about Axl's voice will be reported! How dare them right??

Screw Concert Threads!!!! Let's just keep kissing GNR's ass on every thread! Fuck yeah real fan!

13 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Jeez, gnr must be the only band in existence who's every performance is scrutinised and over analysed down to what's the circumference of Axls gut to how many notes he missed compared to X performance.. I doubt the fans in Japan went home thinking "well it was good, but it wasn't quite Nightrain in Detroit" 

:lol::lol::lol: 100% agree,even though I have been critical.

Obviously it's gonna be a better experience when you're actually at the show, and for the casual fan it's easier not to care about the clean voice or melissa or the drumming or whatever, but I don't think it's unreasonable to critical of Axl, I think it's kinda sad that we've just accepted that it takes him a few shows to hit his stride. That's what rehearsals are for, and he's proven that when he gives a shit, he sounds great and consistent right off the bat. The criticisms come from the blatant fact that he doesn't really rehearse before tours anymore. :shrugs:

• Like 2