06/13/17 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

11 hours ago, fred stoeber said:

Oh my god, I'm so excited. I'm waiting for this to happen since I saw them in cologne in 1993 as little boy. I made a promise to my little sister that if there'll ever be a reunion in whatever form, we try to attend at least two shows. And this Tuesday Munich will be the first, second Hannover. Maybe we'll meet some of you guys, that would be awesome.:dance:

P.S. we will be FOS1

Hey very cool to do this. I also saw them in 1993 and now I am going to 3 shows. I think most of us saw them as teenager and didnt find any band after gnr broke up that had the same meaning for us that GNR had and still has. 

I personally dont love any other band as much as gnr and I cant believe that the 20 + y of waiting is over in 2 days.... 

See you in fos 1 im olympiastadion....:awesomeface:

8 hours ago, RLyraLorris said:

Hi, I'm a 17 year-old fan from Turkey and I travelled to Munich from Turkey to see GN'R. Last September I went to the US all the way from Turkey to see Axl with AC/DC. You can see how dedicated I am :P

Anyways, I don't use this forum so often but I have a few questions.

1) My ticket is from front of stage 2 as front of stage 1 was too expensive, but how far from the stage do you think I would be? How many people approximately would be in front of stage 1 so that I can estimate how far I would be considering that front of stage 2 is behind front of stage 1 which doesn't make a lot of sense because in that case it's not even "front of stage"? And when should I go to the venue so that I can at least get a decent place to stand?

2) The show is only 1 day after my birthday, plus I was born in Germany. So the show is kinda on my birthday and in my birth place  :P I've been a fan for almost 5 years now, and I've prepared gifts (videos in which I played the piano) for Axl each year for his birthday. So if I manage to at least make eye contact with Axl, I'll be very grateful. I made a sign that says something like "Today is my 17th birthday Axl please wave", do you suggest any other way in which I can get his attention? Would he see the sign from that distance?

3) Although it's a really small possibility, I'd love to meet him in person. Do you know in which hotel he's staying, or where else I should try to meet him? I'm thinking of trying the parking lot. 

4) I realized that they played Don't Cry a few times in a row now, do you think they will play Don't Cry or Patience in Munich? I'm dying to hear Don't Cry!! :lol:

I'd be grateful if you could answer my questions. 

Thanks!!

Hi 

I think front of stage 2 is too far away to make eye contact. Eye contact is only possible in the first 2 rows in my opinion and experience. Even if fos 1 is expensive it s the only possibility to be as close as possible to the band. Or you are lucky meeting them in the city or airport etc.

I dont know how big your sign is. It is possible that axl sees it if you are tall enough and have a really  big sign. 

I have no idea where they stay . Maybe someone finds it out here from the forum community... wish you good luck and a great concert. 

Every big artist usually stays at Bayerischer Hof, but no guarantee here. FOS2, yeah, the band won't see you at all. You usually only see the first couple of rows due to the light from the stage. But I'm wondering why you bought FOS2, when FOS1 is just 13 Euro more.

9 hours ago, RLyraLorris said:

Hi, I'm a 17 year-old fan from Turkey and I travelled to Munich from Turkey to see GN'R. Last September I went to the US all the way from Turkey to see Axl with AC/DC. You can see how dedicated I am :P

Anyways, I don't use this forum so often but I have a few questions.

1) My ticket is from front of stage 2 as front of stage 1 was too expensive, but how far from the stage do you think I would be? How many people approximately would be in front of stage 1 so that I can estimate how far I would be considering that front of stage 2 is behind front of stage 1 which doesn't make a lot of sense because in that case it's not even "front of stage"? And when should I go to the venue so that I can at least get a decent place to stand?

2) The show is only 1 day after my birthday, plus I was born in Germany. So the show is kinda on my birthday and in my birth place  :P I've been a fan for almost 5 years now, and I've prepared gifts (videos in which I played the piano) for Axl each year for his birthday. So if I manage to at least make eye contact with Axl, I'll be very grateful. I made a sign that says something like "Today is my 17th birthday Axl please wave", do you suggest any other way in which I can get his attention? Would he see the sign from that distance?

3) Although it's a really small possibility, I'd love to meet him in person. Do you know in which hotel he's staying, or where else I should try to meet him? I'm thinking of trying the parking lot. 

4) I realized that they played Don't Cry a few times in a row now, do you think they will play Don't Cry or Patience in Munich? I'm dying to hear Don't Cry!! :lol:

I'd be grateful if you could answer my questions. 

Thanks!!

Happy birthday!

If they keep their tradition of witching between Don't Cry and patience, you'll get Patience. But you might be really lucky, maybe they play both, like they did a few gigs ago. Now that would be a nice birthday present. Anyway, have fun at the show and enjoy your birthday!

2 hours ago, slammerjam said:

Every big artist usually stays at Bayerischer Hof, but no guarantee here. FOS2, yeah, the band won't see you at all. You usually only see the first couple of rows due to the light from the stage. But I'm wondering why you bought FOS2, when FOS1 is just 13 Euro more.

It wasn't only 13 € more when I got the tickets and I got them with Turkish Lira, meaning that the price is much higher thanks to my country's amazing economy. But thanks anyway :)

Have any idea how many rows are there in FOS1 in total? So let's say that I'm at the first row of FOS2, would I be in sight? 

17 minutes ago, RLyraLorris said:

It wasn't only 13 € more when I got the tickets and I got them with Turkish Lira, meaning that the price is much higher thanks to my country's amazing economy. But thanks anyway :)

Have any idea how many rows are there in FOS1 in total? So let's say that I'm at the first row of FOS2, would I be in sight? 

with FOS 2,even if you are front row, you are not in sight. FOS 2 is too far away. I dont know how many rows will exist in FOS1, but I assume between 30-50...

I feel sorry that you spent so much Money and you hoped to be much closer with Fos 2, but FOS 2 is really no Chance to have eye contact with the stage...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Typical for non-Germans - they don't know how to use a Umlaut :lol:

My thoughts too. But I appreciate him trying to write München instead of Munich. Think that's cute. Maybe his phone doesn't have an Umlaut. 

• Like 1