Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

This could all be a coincidence. Axl knew about that Menacho guy before any of us knew a thing about it, and I doubt we would ever have heard about him. Problem is all throughout the silence we have found the news about Guns, but we didn't find out that news from Guns itself. Therefore we have built up this image that we give the news to them in a sense and that probably is nowhere near the case. Axl and management probably pick up on a lot more articles and things people say than we ever have. Because of that I reckon this could be some non-Slash related twitter comment.

SO I think Axl is saying he's pissed off that someone is sick enough to put the fact that Slash and himself have given support to Haitian people as an excuse to bring up the dead horse that is a GN'R Reunion.

So where has Axl offered support to the Haitian people prior to the twitter comment in question?

LA

Not "support" in the sense of doing something, I meant Axl offered his best wishes at the concert.

Somethings happen in real life too, it's not just on the internet.

But it might not even be about Axl saying that. It might just be the fact slash said he's putting on a big concert and some idiots are using that sole piece of info to start reunion nonsense. And Axl is not best pleased and has vented on twitter.

LP

Edited by Longpig

The way I see it, some douche from the press somewhere in the world saw Slash's post and then created the whole reunion thing from that, and Axl was talking about the douche in the press on his post.

:shrugs:

Hmmm... who knows. It is pretty coincidental that he should makes those comments just a few hours after Slash mentioned a potential Haiti 'benefits' concert. Plus, if it was a member of the press making such rumours, would Axl describe them as 'selfish'? Selfish is a word that I would only use if someone was to start such rumours for their own benefit (i.e an old band member).

Regardless, no matter which way you look at it, especially given the way the media jump on these things, on this occassion Axl probably should have either made the post a bit clearer or even better, kept the comment to himself!

I mean, its not the first time Axl has jumped the gun and said something on the net, only later to either remove it ,or issue another statement saying he didnt say it in the first place!

LA

Edited by LA_0013

The way I see it, some douche from the press somewhere in the world saw Slash's post and then created the whole reunion thing from that, and Axl was talking about the douche in the press on his post.

Hmmm... who knows. It is pretty coincidental that he should makes those comments just a few hours after Slash mentioned a potential Haiti 'benefits' concert. Plus, if it was a member of the press making such rumours, would Axl describe them as 'selfish'? Selfish is a word that I would only use if someone was to start such rumours for their own benefit (i.e an old band member).

Regardless, no matter which way you look at it, especially given the way the media jump on these things, on this occassion Axl probably should have either made the post a bit clearer or even better, kept the comment to himself!

I mean, its not the first time Axl has jumped the gun and said something on the net, only later to either remove it ,or issue another statement saying he didnt say it in the first place!

LA

Well, the douche from the press could be called selfish, cause he knows that saying this, his shit would sell.

LA

I think he should have made it clearer and if he hear's that people are taking it as a slight at Slash and they're having an "internet" fight then he might clarify exacly what he meant pretty soon.

LP

What nobody has yet to mention is that isn't it interesting that Axl is following Slash on Twitter?

WHAAAT??? :shock: are you sure?? or are you kidding us??

Axl isn't following anybody on Twitter...

yeah, this is what baz said, that´s why i asked the guy if he was kidding us...i don´t use twitter..

I'm sorry to say this, but just when Axl seemed to be doing something very cool by communicating with the fans, he shoots himself in the foot with a flippant comment that the media will be ready to pounce on...

LA

I totally agree with you

axl tweets as a prick...

sincerly,

your commander in chief

Idisagree with axl. the haitian tragedy would be a PERFECT TIME for a reunion to raise money for the cause.

If Axl truly cares, why not put his differences aside for a moment, to help others that are less fortunate then him.

Poorest Nation in the Western Hemispere.

Read that allowed and think about it.

Just my two cents.

Idisagree with axl. the haitian tragedy would be a PERFECT TIME for a reunion to raise money for the cause.

If Axl truly cares, why not put his differences aside for a moment, to help others that are less fortunate then him.

Poorest Nation in the Western Hemispere.

Read that allowed and think about it.

Just my two cents.

I still don't see what one has to do with the other. Either way, we really don't know what Axl meant by that.

Has been mentioned a million times in this thread but... NO FUCKING WAY Axl writes these Tweets. Maybe Fernando?

@Sunny Dre: GNR saving Haiti by reuniting? If you think it's all a matter of rising above yourself for worthwhile courses, GNR mustn't have split in the first place and donate every single Dollar to the world's hotspots according to your logic.

I have to disagree -- it's clearly Axl writing the Tweets, as he's using his unique style of writing (and abbreviations -- some of them may be 'texting' lingo, but a lot of them -- like writing "n'" rather than "and" -- are old Axlisms).

I disagree. The style and text is totally different from anything he's ever written either in a press statement or even when he posted here on the forum. The twitter is written in teen slang.

Regardless, I hope he (or whoever the person is that writes the tweets) will correct any misinterpretations people are having about his latest tweet.

It's obviously Axl. He doesn't have to tweet random things in public release format. He's not going to use all the perfect grammar on Twitter. It's unnecessary, plus, he's probably tweeting from his cell phone, so give him a break. As long as we understand what he's saying, how he writes it is just another excuse.

Edited by GNR 1991

I have to disagree -- it's clearly Axl writing the Tweets, as he's using his unique style of writing (and abbreviations -- some of them may be 'texting' lingo, but a lot of them -- like writing "n'" rather than "and" -- are old Axlisms).

I agree.

Axl didn't have that great of grammar when he posted on the site. I noticed it at the time. I don't get why people keep saying that he did. His press statements did but that's because it's a PRESS Release. His twitter vernacular is not that remarkably different as he did on the forum. I think it's silly to suggest it's not him.

Axl is privy to more information regarding Slash than we are, how do you know someone hasn't been on the phone to him suggesting a reunion show for the people of Haiti? You don't, so give the guy a break. He obviously posted that for a reason.

I disagree. The style and text is totally different from anything he's ever written either in a press statement or even when he posted here on the forum. The twitter is written in teen slang.

Regardless, I hope he (or whoever the person is that writes the tweets) will correct any misinterpretations people are having about his latest tweet.

Go back and read the messages in the chats last year, he does. Obviously not in press statements, no one releases those using "2" instead of "to" but he did it quite often during the chats on here and on the other boards, also it's twitter, it's supposed to be abbreviated.

What nobody has yet to mention is that isn't it interesting that Axl is following Slash on Twitter?

WHAAAT??? :shock: are you sure?? or are you kidding us??

Axl isn't following anybody on Twitter...

Yup. It very clearly states on Axl's Twitter page that his following 0 people.

Ali

Uhh..

If you've noticed Twitter has a character limit so something Axl would put out in a press release is going to be different than like a text message...

Guest Sweet Tooth

Axl is known to text, Bach mentioned it a lot back in '06... teen slang is a good way to write a lot, in a little.