Van Halen are planning to record a new album?

Rovim

Diamond Dave gave a pretty cool interview and talked about entering a studio in june to record some new songs. Check it out:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features/35444/We-spent-two-hours-with-David-Lee-Roth-and-no-one-got-pregnant?page=1

"We are going to be getting together, not this month, at the end of June to start preparing for some new recording and some new songs," Roth said in an interview with Australian website FasterLouder.

Edited by Rovim

I'd love to see another album, but I'm guessing that would take a ton of time.

Dave said something like that they are on "the Bond timetable" -- a release every three years or so (so approx 2015, there's a lot of preparation involved and at least they are getting things moving so that's great!), and that that's good because people won't say "weren't you just here?". I'm paraphrasing.

I can't wait. A Different Kind of Truth was awesome!

It really was. I think Ed has at least one more great album in him. I just wish they will let Michael Anthony be a part of the next release.

It's unlikely, but it will be great and just feel right. He was a major part of the band's sound imo and he's missed.

A Different Kind of Truth was probably the best album of the last 20 years, and Van Halen's second best album, in my opinion. Just a hair behind their debut album, but in a sense it was their "second debut" album, and they fucking nailed it, just like they did the first time. And wasn't it only a portion of A Different Kind of Truth that was based on old archived material? The album was all killer, no filler, so I think they are as good together now as they ever were. They might be a bunch of assholes and might somewhat hate each other, but they are hard rock soul mates, they are.

A Different Kind of Truth was probably the best album of the last 20 years, and Van Halen's second best album, in my opinion. Just a hair behind their debut album, but in a sense it was their "second debut" album, and they fucking nailed it, just like they did the first time. And wasn't it only a portion of A Different Kind of Truth that was based on old archived material? The album was all killer, no filler, so I think they are as good together now as they ever were. They might be a bunch of assholes and might somewhat hate each other, but they are hard rock soul mates, they are.

A very large portion of the album was based on old demos, but it's not like it matters. They aren't just doing covers of their 1976 selves, they reworked the material a bit. But hey, who cares if they are just basing it on old demos? That's the Van Halen we want to hear.

A very large portion of the album was based on old demos, but it's not like it matters. They aren't just doing covers of their 1976 selves, they reworked the material a bit. But hey, who cares if they are just basing it on old demos? That's the Van Halen we want to hear.

About 2000-2001, the Atomic Punks were going to put out a CD of the unreleased stuff, and they couldn't get clearance. I always thought that was a hint towards the songs being released at some point, either a box set of the demos, or new recordings.