La Bella Vita (New DJ Solo)

Well if gnr did if the world.... I don't like his tone for gnr. I prefer Richards tone the best. Madagascar jam is my fav new effort. You got bumble doing an awesome rhythm part Richard kick the shit out of the lead section and dj ashba preparing his snare drum. Just how it should be.

The solo isn't bad it's just that it's nothing t amazing. I hate the backing track and he always pulls the same unimpressive tricks. Look at my generic tapping that doesn't sound good look at my hammer on pull offs I'm not even picking look at my average bends that I overly emote with the expression on my face. He is cleaner than finck but a lot less original. When Richard does a bend he feels it when dj does a bend it looks like he's faking it like an orgasm.

I'd take Sorum's drum solo from the 90's over this shit. Embarrassing.

I watched Farewell Ballad right after watching DJ's shitty new solo again. I'm not a fan of Zakk, but you can clearly hear who's the real deal here and who's the poser.

• Like 1

I still prefer just about every solo on Chinese.

Captain Obvious here :lol:
Huh?
He's vehemently agreeing with you, stating that there could be no doubt that the CD solos are better.

Coo.

I watched Farewell Ballad right after watching DJ's shitty new solo again. I'm not a fan of Zakk, but you can clearly hear who's the real deal here and who's the poser.

Yeah, very awful solo. That one from Zakk sounds great!

If you asked me to choose between the Zakk Wylde solo and the Ashba solo, I choose Zakk's, and I'm not even fan of anything Zakk has been part of. I'm not a fan of anything Ashba has been part of either, and I don't count Guns because I haven't heard anything Ashba has written for Guns.

I'd rather hear Ashba's guitar than Robin's, though.

I'm still stuck on Slash, though, that's my main problem.

I wish he'd do a song like Intermission again. Easily the best instrumental he's done.

I'm going to see him do an acoustic show tonight! :D

Edited by RickRoses
  • Like 1

@wfuckinga

What do you mean "for DJ it's not that bad"? Are we judging him on the retard scale? OK, if he were retarded, which I guess is possible, it's not that bad. And no, it's not better that the TIL solo; it's just better than his shitty rendition of Robin's terrific solo. This guy is terrible is every way imaginable, and you guys can talk shit about the guitarist who wrote and played almost every one of GNR's well known riffs and solos all you want, doesn't change the joke that everyone knows DJ to be.

Edit: goddamn quotes

By TIL solo i meant his, nothing tops Robin's.

I thought it was beautiful, it is a shame that some here are so negative they cant enjoy it :(

It's beautiful when it's original and presented to you just once. When it's presented as a brand new number, but you clearly feel that you've already heard it at least twice, it's not beautiful anymore. Each of these solos features the same tricks and licks over and over again almost in the same order. So no, I can't enjoy it. I enjoyed 'Ballad of Death'. 'Mi Amore' got me suspicious. But this one... confirmed my suspicions. And I really hate to write this.

Without vocals it sounds a bit cheesy and generic. But it couuuuld be a good basis for Axls voice. It's all in the mix.

Axl's not Joe Dassin.

I am pro reunion 100%.

But this sounded really good IMHO. Obviously, its nothing groundbreaking nor impressive, but for what it is, it does sounds good and I enjoyed it, thats whats matters. I could really picture Axl doing the melody of the lead guitar and making it a really cool nice ballad.