MYPJFORUM.com

highvoltage

I'm glad it's gone. 1 day was fine, but that band sucks serious ass. There's no wonder about why it doesn't have a forum like this.

Because fans are busy listening to new music and stuff?

What does new music matter when it isn't any good?

What do I know? I'm just here for #Ashba.

Speaking of Ashba, he gives people new music almost every tour. I can see now why you're a fan. Edited by Damn_Smooth

I'm glad it's gone. 1 day was fine, but that band sucks serious ass. There's no wonder about why it doesn't have a forum like this.

Why would PJ have a forum like this? They do have tons of highly active communities that aren't bastions of frustration, though.

Why would PJ have a forum like this? They do have tons of highly active communities that aren't bastions of frustration, though.

Because a bunch of old hipsters listening to shitty music and agreeing on everything is fucking boring, that's why.
  • Like 2

Was genuinely surprised at how well most people took it, we actually ended up with a handful of worthwhile PJ threads amongst some of the jokes and stuff.

What I thought was way cool beautiful was how many people knew Pearl Jam well enough to hold conversations, whether it was a joke or not!

they DO have forums like this. :lol: they also have a dedicated fanbase that they release soundboard-quality recordings of live shows to, for every single stop of their tours. if they didn't have a big following, they wouldn't do this... only a handful of artists can manage to pull this off and make it financially feasible.

i've never been a huge Pearl Jam fanboy like I was for GN'R, but they definitely have a big fanbase.

• Like 2

Was genuinely surprised at how well most people took it, we actually ended up with a handful of worthwhile PJ threads amongst some of the jokes and stuff.

What I thought was way cool beautiful was how many people knew Pearl Jam well enough to hold conversations, whether it was a joke or not!

they DO have forums like this. :lol: they also have a dedicated fanbase that they release soundboard-quality recordings of live shows to, for every single stop of their tours. if they didn't have a big following, they wouldn't do this... only a handful of artists can manage to pull this off and make it financially feasible.

i've never been a huge Pearl Jam fanboy like I was for GN'R, but they definitely have a big fanbase.

Thank you. Now I know that the people that want to turn this into a PJ forum have someplace to go. I was almost worried that they might be homeless.
  • Like 2

Eddie didn't want all the focus and attention on him, I think the fact that he didn't feel it was "HIS" band played a big part in that. After "Ten" took off, when the video for "Daughter" was just the band photo, it was letting the world know they're not going to play the fame game. I think "Jeremy" was a great video and he has a great sinister look in it, but he didn't want to make a career off of that and try to make epic videos. The music should be enough, what people take from those songs should be enough, and what they made from touring should be able to pay the bills. He knew McCready, Gossard and Ament were damn good and he'd never find guys like that anywhere else.

If they had been on Interscope, there's NO WAY they would have had the support when they put "Vitalogy" out.

He's still the goofy little surfer guy from Encinitas who has the same friends before he moved to Seattle, and how another Fairfax High alum ties into piecing that band together.

I think it was a fantastic job by all involved! Great idea and obviously a lot of time and effort put into it.

My only suggestion for future years is to keep the joke going for at least 36 hours so that more people can see and enjoy it. For example the conversion back to GNR happened with approx 5-8 hours of April Fools Day remaining in North America, I barely had a chance to have some fun with it after getting home from work. Maybe next time start it April 1st around 2PM AEDT?

Well, we wanted to make sure the board was back to normal in time for the show that night.

It would have started to annoy people too... the whole day and some people would be rioting! :lol:

• Like 2