"Hit It" Or "Idiot"

Hit It or Idiot  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So there has been a longstanding argument between my friend and I about what Axl is truly saying on one of these songs. On GNR's Live Era, Disc 1, between "Mr. Brownstone" and "It's So Easy," Axl tells the crowd to move back away from the stage and after that he says something that I could never definitely decipher right before they launch into "It's So Easy."

I think that Axl says "Hit It", trying to tell the band his announcement is done and the band should start playing. However, my friend thinks that Axl is saying "Idiot", possibly to a certain audience member or to the crowd in general for being so rowdy close to the tage.

Either way, here is the link to "It's So Easy" from the Live Era CD and hopefully someone can tell me for sure what he says (he should say it within the first 2 seconds of this video):

And here's the link to the original thread from HereTodayGoneToHell from 5 years ago:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=56374.0

It's hit it.

EDIT: And I can't believe you've made this thread twice, 5 years apart. For real man? :lol:

Well it was a different forum, and I trust you guys more :lol: ! And also for the LOL factor. People are gonna be like "what's this guy's angle?" The answer is "exactly".

It's hit it.

EDIT: And I can't believe you've made this thread twice, 5 years apart. For real man? :lol:

LOL, I think I remember that from when I used to lurk HTGTH. I remember the thread because I actually agreed with your friend.... I thought it was "idiot." Guess not.