☬ YOUR opinions, reviews and general thoughts on the Performance/Sound/Visuals in Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Release ☬

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

Seen a review on other sites of the DVD/Bluray etc ? post it here

Have YOU seen the DVD/Bluray etc? post your review here,

Didn't want to clutter the other thread so wanted to see what people have been saying/ their thoughts about it

Edited by Gunns

Guest Gunns

A persons review from the Bestbuy order page:

What's great about it: Everything
What's not so great: Nothing
This is one of the best live Blu- Rays to ever come out. You can literally feel the energy that is guns n roses come thru your living room and punch you right in the gut. So many amazing tunes the 3 HOURS that the concert is feels like 30 minutes because you just get so caught up in the amazing performance. I have seen GnR 3 times over the past 4 years and I have NEVER been disappointed.
HELP SAVE ROCK N ROLL AND BUY THIS AMAZING CONCERT!!
Edited by Gunns
  • Like 1

I saw the show at the theater and thought it was a pretty good production. The 3d was really cool and I especially like the added 3d pyro. Axl's voice seemed like it had been mixed very well and sounded better than I thought it would. I'll definetly buy the DVD. Overall, it was worth the 3 hour drive to the theater. I'd do it again.

AMAZON REVIEWS
5 stars INCREDIBLE June 19, 2014
Format:Blu-ray
I was at this show and Axl N' The Boys did not disappoint. Amazing set list and Axl is as great as ever.
5 stars Guns N Roses in Las Vegas 2012 June 20, 2014
My son, daughter and I went to the November 17 Las Vegas show, so buying this blue ray was a no brainer.
Axl Rose is still one of the best frontman and rock singers of all times. He has enough energy from the first song to the last song.
The band members are amazing. The 3 guitar players: Richard, Bumblefoot and DJ are just fantastic. Each doing solos on different songs to doing their own special solos. Frank the drummer and Tommy, the bass player, are some of the best musicians out there. Of course, there's also Dizzy Reed who has been a member and friend of Axl's for over 20 years now. This is my favorite all time rock band. I've seen them perform 3 times and they just deliver 110% every time. This is a must have for any GNR fan. One of the best shows I've ever seen and I've been going to concerts since the 1970's.
5 stars
I've been a GNR fan since the mid 80's and have been to several live shows over the years and this show is just spectacular. The band is incredibly powerful and super tight and Axl's energy and rasp is constant from the beginning until the very end. The overall production, camera work and editing is just marvelous in so many ways, and the audio mix is unbelievably crystal clear and sounds great on my home theater in 5.1 Surround.. It may have taken 25 year for a new GNR concert release, but this is a true treasure that I can watch for many years to come. ! It's time to buy a 3D TV !
Edited by rockfuel
  • Like 2

Guest Gunns

anyone wanna go through and do a song by song review and rate each song out of 10 in terms of performance (Axls voice, etc)

Guest Gunns

Cmon everyone, this is your chance to dissect it, praise it, and comment on what was done well, what was a let down etc!

Has Axls voice been manipulated with? During some mickey parts it sounds layered or echo like.

Live and let die.

Sounds amazing. Lots if screams and rasp. This song rarly dissapoints anyway

This i love

Heard stronger vocals in 2012, rasp and mickey. Its enjoyable and has replay value.

Better

The versus mickey in the start but Axl brings out the rasp when he needs too. The second to last verse is killer good. I preffered the golden gods performance. Still watchable and a kick ass song.

Motivation

Its good but i cant understand tommy.

Dizzy solo

Wheres the skip button?

Catcher in the Rye

Sounds good. Close to studio vocals.

Streer of Dreams

Starts of good. Im impressed. This has potential. This is sounding better than i thought. Obviously not Reading 2010 good but definetly a good performance. DJ solo is a little off by hitting different notes. Exit vocals are clean but sounding epic.

You Could Be Mine.

As long as he nails the rap with rasp i dont care. Starts off as expected. We get "with your ass in the air". Ive heard a lot worse. Rap has rasp this is good. Sound is great too.

**Axl has yet to speak to the audiance less introductions. Im guessing its been cut out as he usually speaks before Better. **

Sweet child o mine

The usual same.

November rain

I reckon the flying piano will look good in 3D. Axl is doing great on this. Strong voice. Much better than i was expecting.

Objectify

Meh...

Don't Cry

Sounds great as always. Great performance.

Civil War

Sounds good, epic song. Show highlight for sure. DJ shines on this track, great tone. Axl is better on this song than the london show.

The seeker

Sounds awesome. Another highlight. Nice jam from ron before it starts too.

Heavens door.

Richard shines. Epic vocals from Axl, holds long notes. Great band chemistry.

Nightrain

Sounding better expected. No mickey. Highlight song.

Used to love her.

Mickey is minimal compared to other versions. Good performance.

Patience

Sounding great. DJ solo is better than his recent efforts, but it might have been cut short for safety measures. Great outro vocals by Axls.

Jam with vegas footage.

Paradise city.

You have seen it. As expected. It has its strong moments here and there.

Strongest vocals are jungle, live and let die and nightrain. Civil war, street of dreams and catcher are also great too.

Nothing will blow you away like TWAT or prostitutes vocals from a few weeks ago. The show is above average performance from Axl. DJ and ron play up to the 3D early on.

The lack of Axl talking or making jokes is a shame but im guessing stuff was cut from between songs. No exit speech from Axl, but you seen him walking backstage.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

Guest Gunns

From those that have seen it already, is there a ridiculous amount of crowd shots during the cuts in songs? or is it fairly balanced?

AMAZON REVIEWS
My son, daughter and I went to the November 17 Las Vegas show, so buying this blue ray was a no brainer.

Axl Rose is still one of the best frontman and rock singers of all times. He has enough energy from the first song to the last song.

The band members are amazing. The 3 guitar players: Richard, Bumblefoot and DJ are just fantastic. Each doing solos on different songs to doing their own special solos. Frank the drummer and Tommy, the bass player, are some of the best musicians out there. Of course, there's also Dizzy Reed who has been a member and friend of Axl's for over 20 years now. This is my favorite all time rock band. I've seen them perform 3 times and they just deliver 110% every time. This is a must have for any GNR fan. One of the best shows I've ever seen and I've been going to concerts since the 1970's.

lol Val22 :rofl-lol:

How are they reviewing the blu-ray if it's not out until July, 1st?

• Like 1

AMAZON REVIEWS

lol Val22 :rofl-lol:

How are they reviewing the blu-ray if it's not out until July, 1st?

Perhaps you should read the thread before insinuating mistruth. Val saw Appetite For Democracy in cinema, so she is perfectly qualified to provide a review.

She clearly wasn't talking about the Blu-ray anyway. She was just relaying her experiences of seeing GNR live.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should read the thread before insinuating mistruth. Val saw Appetite For Democracy in cinema, so she is perfectly qualified to provide a review.

She clearly wasn't talking about the Blu-ray anyway. She was just relaying her experiences of seeing GNR live.

Or perhaps you should read that those are Amazon reviews for the blu-ray. :)

Great great job by Rockfuel. They put incredible audio and picture to this. The band sounds amazing. I think they should be proud of the finished product here. Any GNR fan will enjoy this.

Only bad part was: it's a little cheesy at times, but get past that aspect and it's really enjoyable.

Maybe you don't use Amazon often, but the review section is often used by fans to encourage would-be buyers. They love the artist, so they want to see the artist reach as many people as possible.

Obviously you have no interest in having a genuine discussion, but the theatrical release is not dissimilar to the Blu-ray. Val was perfectly entitled to say what she did.

• Like 1

Maybe you don't use Amazon often, but the review section is often used by fans to encourage would-be buyers. They love the artist, so they want to see the artist reach as many people as possible.

Obviously you have no interest in having a genuine discussion, but the theatrical release is not dissimilar to the Blu-ray. Val was perfectly entitled to say what she did.

I only read half of what she said. I laughed because I recognized her for the name Valerie and because she started her review with "my son", something she says in her every post.

I asked a very simple question as to how they were reviewing the blu-ray if it's not out yet, you assumed I was suggesting mistruth which is factually incorrect. I never read Amazon reviews section when I buy there because like you said, it's often misused - that doesn't mean it should be that way. You are able to choose what format you want to review. She chose blu-ray yet she's not reviewing the blu-ray.

Guess the one who is not interested in genuine discussion is you. Too bad.

I only read half of what she said.

So you didn't read what Val had to say, and yet you feel qualified to question how genuine her review is. In your eagerness to cupcake a GNR fan, you failed to digest what was actually written. Congratulations on making a fool of yourself, and having the tenacity to try and argue your way out of this.

• Like 4

I only read half of what she said.

So you didn't read what Val had to say, and yet you feel qualified to question how genuine her review is. In your eagerness to cupcake a GNR fan, you failed to digest what was actually written. Congratulations on making a fool of yourself, and having the tenacity to try and argue your way out of this.

100% wrong.

I read half of what she said, so in fact, I did read what she wrote, just not at all of it but that's not the issue since I never questioned how genuine her review was. I asked how they were reviewing the blu-ray, not why. Looks like you love make assumptions that usually end up to be 100% wrong. I think after all the times people have humiliated you in the forum, you should think twice before quoting someone and assuming something that is very far from the truth.

It's obvious you ended up making a fool of yourself with your assumptions -- again. Nice try at spin it, though - a real shame it didn't work. Let's just assume that nobody noticed that. ;)

Guest Gunns

please dont fuck up the thread, I wanna read genuine reviews and not have to sift through shit like I did in the original blurray thread where there's heaps of issues with the app functionality.

On topic: Anyone else want to give us a review after having watched the concert either on blueray, ipad, rock, dirt whatever the fuck lol?

• Like 2