Izzy Rhythm Guitar Pin Pointing

I think you have to have a real good ear and general appreciation for music to hear izzy's rhythm guitar and melodic moments

the one that sticks it for me is Think About You, throughout the chorus you can clearly hear how great of a song writer he truly is by weaving in and balancing slash's lead

i would compare him almost to say what ray manzarek was with the Doors

can anyone else pin point some izzy moments guitar wise/melodies, they are not easy to find IMO but clear gems when you do locate them

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

I prefer ALL of Izzy's rhythm playing over Slash's.

Mr Brownstone, Rocket Queen, Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City etc etc. All of Izzy's parts have substantially less gain than Slash's which makes the collective sound of their guitar parts sound awesome. Slash has lacked this in any other band/project he has been a part of. The loose, scratchy tracks from Izzy made GnR's sound much fatter and more "Big".

Back when Marshall released the Slash "appetite" amp they stated that it was "the guitar sound of appetite for destruction"... I found that highly disrespectful and inaccurate. Izzy's tonal contributions were vital.

• Like 3

Izzy's syncopation to Slash's guitars on AFD is incredible, especially when you consider how young he was and it was his first studio album.

would this make izzy the most talented of the bunch?

They all had different talents. I'd say Axl, Slash, and Izzy were at the same level if you have no problem comparing apples to oranges, then Duff, then Steven.

But I hate to compare like that. Appetite is so good cause together, with their chemistry, they were much more powerful artistically. They balanced each other's influences, sound, and musical personality and as a whole it became something else. Something that only that rare kind of chemistry can produce. Magic.

Edited by Rovim

It awesome how they managed to play two different style riffs in the same register on the guitar. That's what made that sound so big, dirty and mean! Izzy and Slash simply complemented each other. Not to mention the way Axl complemented bout of them with his singing and adlibs.

I enjoy playing rhythm geetar and Izzy's little nuances and grooves are real swell to jam out on. Right Next Door To Hell is always a highlight. A lot of people seem to have the mirage that Izzy's stuff is 'boring' or something, if you look at the tracks he took yeah he can write chill stuff but he wrote so many of the heavy hitters too.

slash and axl hijacked gnr during uyi recording

thats why izzys guitar is buried on uyi

and that's one of the (many) reasons why izzy left the band

then there was a parody of gnr that toured the world 1992-93

then axl hijacked this parody of gnr

i miss izzy

his brilliance is all over the place, no need special attention to notice it

• Like 2

slash and axl hijacked gnr during uyi recording

thats why izzys guitar is buried on uyi

and that's one of the (many) reasons why izzy left the band

then there was a parody of gnr that toured the world 1992-93

then axl hijacked this parody of gnr

i miss izzy

his brilliance is all over the place, no need special attention to notice it

True. Remember all those bitchy statements from Axl and Slash, about him 'not moving on stage'.