Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

9 hours ago, axlslash said:

Asuka relinquished the NXT women's belt. The only question now is which brand she's turning up on to make her main roster debut. 

I still can't think of a reason not to put the entire women's division on one brand. It's thin as fuck.

Lana is only good as a vignette, nobody cares about Tamina, Nikki is taking time off. So Smackdown basically has 5 decent women on the roster. 

Paige and Summer are gone, meaning RAW only has 8 too. And Alicia Fox is pretty much dead weight too imo. 

Together they'd form a decent enough division though. 

Also, judging on the above, Smackdown needs Asuka more. 

Honestly, poor Asuka's doomed anyway.

It's a shame Stardom doesn't have alot of money and All Japan Womens is defunct.

Sure she'll win/lose the title 3 times next year, but he belts mean nothing. There's only 4 other decent women's wrestlers on the shows and they (Sasha/Bayley *who's been buried*/Becky/Charlotte) are probably jobbing at Survivor Series to Ronda Rousey's friends for some publicity. 

The entire end game of the women's division currently looks like it's to build to Ronda vs. Stephanie at Wrestlemania. No one wants it, but the McMahon's are the stars of the show.

3 minutes ago, username said:

By the way.... Asuka is injured and is simultaniously reported by WWE as "being in negotiations with both RAW and Smackdown". This is a very conventient way for her to vacate the belt undefeated. Kind of smells like a work....

They already had 1 of the May Young Classic talents say somewhere they wanted to win the tournament to get the belt before this was announced.

It's convenient, because it means now the final is actually for something.

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, BrayWyatt said:

Both about the same, cena is now on raw and bobby roode and shelton benjamin now on smackdown.

Who's turning heel first Benjamin or Gable?

11 hours ago, axlslash said:

Asuka relinquished the NXT women's belt. The only question now is which brand she's turning up on to make her main roster debut. 

Probably RAW.

1 hour ago, username said:

I still can't think of a reason not to put the entire women's division on one brand. It's thin as fuck.

I'd watch that. Whoever wins The Mae Young Classic leads the brand.

The super match for Asuka right now would be against Charlotte imo.

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Maybe they'll swerve us again and the finalists of The Mae Young Classic won't be the favourites like what they did with the Cruiserweight Classic.

Spoiler

All of the shows except the final were tapped ages ago. The final is Kari Hojo vs. Shayna Baszler a former UFC fighter and one of Rousey's Four Horse Women in wrestling.

I actually liked the CWC. Thought it was great, apart from the fact that it ended up leading to 205 Live. Ibushi/Sabre didn't win, because they refused to sign. Thank goodness. 

Masscara Dorada though unfortunately did sign and I've never even see his name mentioned here. He's lost every singles match on TV since February, only wins in tag matches and the few times I do see him on TV he looks like just another guy. Fortunately it might make other CMLL talent in future think twice before joining WWE.

Those were the 3 best and logically should have made that far.

Edited by AtariLegend

36 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:
  Reveal hidden contents

All of the shows except the final were tapped ages ago. The final is Kari Hojo vs. Shayna Baszler a former UFC fighter and one of Rousey's Four Horse Women in wrestling.

Damn it I shouldn't have clicked on that spoiler.

4 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Who's turning heel first Benjamin or Gable?

Probably RAW.

I'd watch that. Whoever wins The Mae Young Classic leads the brand.

The super match for Asuka right now would be against Charlotte imo.

Benjamin will turn on Gable. The purpose of this pairing is for Benjamin to rub Gable. Strap them at Survivor Series, have Benjamin turn at the Rumble (maybe even in the Rumble itself), pay it off with Gable going over at Mania. If done right, it makes Gable a star.

Ryan Satin was hearing Roode and Asuka getting called up before SummerSlam, and he was hearing Roode to SD and Asuka to Raw. Hard to imagine that changing. 

Seen bits of AAA last night before/after Conor vs. Mayweather.

AAA does not look good, it's a throwback to decades gone by with botches/garbage matches/blood and a ring that reminds of TNA.

The unmasking was a moment though, but I don't think I'll be watching AAA in future.

CMLL though looks cool the few times I've seen clips/matches, it's just not my cup of tea. It still looks like NJPW compared to AAA.

Edited by AtariLegend

9 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Seen bits of AAA last night before/after Conor vs. Mayweather.

AAA does not look good, it's a throwback to decades gone by with botches/garbage matches/blood and a ring that reminds of TNA.

The unmasking was a moment though, but I don't think I'll be watching AAA in future.

CMLL though looks cool the few times I've seen clips/matches, it's just not my cup of tea. It still looks like NJPW compared to AAA.

Triple Mania has a reputation for mixing great matches (Mundo/Fantasma/Texano) with utter nonsense (the demon clowns). Sexy Star clearly comes out the loser on the night. I like her Lucha Underground work, but she apparently went into business for herself, shooting on her opponents and deliberately dislocating Rosemary's shoulder with a shoot armbar. It's amazing to see wrestlers from all promotions burying Sexy in unison. She earned it. What a shame. I loved her work on LU, but turns out she's a self-serving snake. 

I feel like WWE is getting ready for either Paige's or Nikki's return. This whole "Emma started the women's revolution" thing seems a bit forced and obvious so either Nikki or Paige will return to say they started it and feud with Emma. 

Coulda done without the holla-holla-playa tag team match afterwards, but hot fucking damn that Cena/Reigns segment... my only concern is that they still have 4 weeks to go, and I don't want this heat to dissipate before they actually do this thing. Cena put on a goddamn clinic.

See ya, fourth wall!

Catching up on a bunch of stuff this week. Finally getting through ROH's Liverpool PPV, and what a show. Cody vs Sanada, Addiction vs Bucks, and Team 3B vs LIJ are just rock solid matches all around. Taka/Scurll/Castle/Kushida was awesome too.

Oh, and if you aren't watching the Mae Young, you. Are. Missing. Out. What a tournament. I'm through 3 episodes so far, and my only complaint is where Shayna and Mia Yim fall in the bracket. Otherwise, it's just wonderful. Think I'm actually liking it more than the CWC so far. Hopefully they find a way to keep a bunch of these ladies on, even the ones who're failing to advance. It's a damn talented crop of workers. 

Finally getting around to watching the Mae Young Classic. Shayna Baszler killed Zeda. They both looked pretty green in that match, but Shayna was womanhandling Zeda! 

Only three matches in, please no spoilers. I've already accidentally had some of it spoiled, but I try to forget. 

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

Finally getting around to watching the Mae Young Classic. Shayna Baszler killed Zeda. They both looked pretty green in that match, but Shayna was womanhandling Zeda! 

Only three matches in, please no spoilers. I've already accidentally had some of it spoiled, but I try to forget. 

I'm 3/4 of the episodes in, and the second episode has won the day so far. Mia Yim/Jade vs Sarah Logan is my favorite so far, and I cannot wait at all to get to Kairi Hojo's match in the last episode because she's just so damn good.