Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

That was a fucking awesome main event! Really great match! But tbh the rest of the show was really meh. Orton squashing Rusev was just sad. Corbin really got buried too. Cass-Show made no sense really. And that was probably the worst match Nak has ever been in. Don't care for Natty, ok with Sasha and hoping for an eventual Sasha-Bayley feud! Great tag matches! The RAW one especially. Shame that AJ-KO had to be so McMahony. I'd prefer to see them just go at it with a normal ref. But man, that was a good main event! 

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about Bray-Finn. Which kind of confirms that anything with Bray is irrelevant and forgetable these days. Does nothing for Finn either. 

Edited by username

10 hours ago, Bono said:

I'm glad Brock won and glad they made Strowman look strong as fuck. Didn't really care about anything else to be honest but glad Jinder won ..... haha. 

Kinda makes me wonder, for both titles it seemed yesterday was the day for new champions. But now that's come and gone, when are they gonna put the belts on new people?

Glad that both women's belts changed hands though.

Edited by moreblack

6 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Kinda makes me wonder, for both titles it seemed yesterday was the day for new champions. But now that's come and gone, when are they gonna put the belts on new people?

Isn't Brock being advertised for No Mercy? So yeah... maybe. If not probably not until Survivor Series. 

With Jinder, every day is a day too long. 

35 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Feels like, make him champion until he learns how to be champion. The belt will make the guy in that case.

Nah. Didn't work with JBL and the eventual pay off was Cena.

I don't think you guys remember just how many people were ran off during those years and never came back.

The Jinder thing is a mess. You have the worst Canadian wrestler in a major promotion working as an Indian, because of the color of his skin. Just so they can try and get money from a country that gets all WWE shows for free anyway, because most of the population are comparatively poor. 

They're going to turn Nakamura into fucking Bayley and to be honest I get uncomfortable now at thought of seeing him wrestle. The ironic thing being that Japan is the 2nd biggest wrestling market in the world. 

Well done Vince.

39 minutes ago, username said:

Isn't Brock being advertised for No Mercy?

Yes.

I honestly think there's too many titles and too many hours being produced by this company. They seem to have alot of people under contract entirely for the sake of keeping them going else where.

They haven't had a home grown talent become a star that didn't start out somewhere else since that Lesnar OVW class 15 + years ago. NXT Takeovers are great, but they're essentially putting on high budget PWG shows with talent they snagged from other companies.

If they managed somehow to get NJPW/CMLL of the current owners, I'm convinced the industry would collapse in a decade.

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I honestly think there's too many titles and too many hours being produced by this company. They seem to have alot of people under contract entirely for the sake of keeping them going else where.

They haven't had a home grown talent become a star that didn't start out somewhere else since that Lesnar OVW class 15 + years ago. NXT Takeovers are great, but they're essentially putting on high budget PWG shows with talent they snagged from other companies.

If they managed somehow to get NJPW/CMLL of the current owners, I'm convinced the industry would collapse in a decade.

Yup. And by now RAW and Smackdown as products aren't really that different anymore. It's all just most of the same. They've saturated their own market while lowering quality further and further. And PPV's other than the big 4 don't mean shit anymore either. They might as well be RAW or Smackdown shows. But hey, as long as there are network subscribers they don't have to care. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

They're going to turn Nakamura into fucking Bayley and to be honest I get uncomfortable now at thought of seeing him wrestle. The ironic thing being that Japan is the 2nd biggest wrestling market in the world. 

They probably never wanted to make him top guy at all. Much less this soon.

12 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Dropping Cena on his head didn't help either.

Cena's issue actually. Guys normally flip when they take the exploder.

Anyway I don't think the Cena thing had anything to do with this.

I'll just say too for a final time, Nakamura should have been wrestling Cena on SummerSlam instead. He needed a big match, not put in silly situations designed to get other people over. Selling for Ziggler, plodding match with Corbin and Jinder... they'd probably have put him with Bray next if they hadn't moved him.

No one's going to remember the Cena match soon enough. It was a short match on TV with a 4 minute add break.

Edited by AtariLegend

5 hours ago, moreblack said:

Rumor all along was Jinder to carry his strap to Survivor Series or the Rumble and lose to Cena, and for Brock to go all the way to Mania. I don't think either plan has changed, except that I don't think Roman will be the one to dethrone Brock.

SummerSlam was boring as hell. AJ/KO and the main event were the only matches I really enjoyed. Finn/Bray was only booked for their entrances, women's title changes felt out of left field and not Big 4 PPV payoffs to long builds, Seth and Dean could have built their feud without burying Sheamus/Cesaro, and pretty much no Holy Shit moments outside of the main event. Main event was better than I had even hoped for, but wasted on a shit undercard.

NXT remains WWE's best brand. Hope they don't ruin it with the next shake-up.

Speaking of: Asuka "broke her collarbone" and is likely "out" 6-8wks. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to strip her of the NXT belt without a loss, keep her off TV, then chase Sasha or Nattie. Either way, looks like her NXT days may be cumin to an end. 

5 hours ago, moreblack said:

I think Jinder is a good champ in that he's new and different and he draws a lot of heat. It would be nice if they'd book him a little stronger though and not have to have him cheat excessively every time to win but it's still good to keep the belt on one guy for longer periods rather than this hot potatoing the belts the way they have since CM Punk was champ.  Same with Lesnar. Him keeping the belt makes it feel even bigger. Like you had 3 huge stars in that Match and Brock still has the belt. It makes it feel big because like how the fuck is someone gonna get it off Brock if he doesn't lose in a  Fatal 4 way.  The only way it would've been worth it to have Brock lose would've been to have Ambros and Rollins come out and help Roman. The massive cheers combined with heat would've been awesome. Nobody wanted Roman to win but everyone wants the Shield, people would be cheering for that, booing for Roman, the Shield would be heels but people love them... it would've been cool and I don't even care about the Shield. Having said that Brock keeping the belt is perfect if they build towards Strowman vs Bock at WM

Personally I think They should build towards Wrestlemania and have Brock keep the belt until then. Keep him looking strong but also keep building the fuck out of Strowman. It should be Brock vs Strowman at Wrestlemania. They should also build towards a Roman Reigns vs John Cena for Wrestlemania. 

Lesnar vs Strowman (Strowman wins)
Cena vs Reigns (Reigns wins)

Those are two WM matches that should absolutely happen this year.  

11 hours ago, axlslash said:

Rumor all along was Jinder to carry his strap to Survivor Series or the Rumble and lose to Cena

From where?

Cena's got a movie to film soon.

Anyway Strowman's losing to Lesnar at the next PPV, so that Lesnar can job to Reigns at Mania.

From where?

Anyway Strowman's losing to Lesnar at the next PPV, so that Lesnar can job to Reigns at Mania.

I know I heard it on WrestleTalk and WhatCulture, might have originally come from one of the guys at Sportskeeda but don't quote me.

With Cena jumping ship to the red brand, iit certainly seems less likely that he'll be the one to finally hinder the Jinder. I'm not sure what his program looks like now. That Nakamura match didn't exactly make me yearn for number two, and he isn't immediately teed up for a next guy in line right now.... US title picture is far more interesting.

From where?

Ugh. The way Strowman decimated Brock tonight makes me think you're right. The two matches I said they should build towards for WM they're gonna rush  and have them both at No Mercy I bet. Cena vs Roman, Brock vs Strowman.  

56 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I know I heard it on WrestleTalk and WhatCulture, might have originally come from one of the guys at Sportskeeda but don't quote me.

Wrestle Talk is some guy on youtube and What Culture/Sports Skeeda are websites that discuss information they get from other sites. None of them connections in the company.

They're as informative as WWF Rajah, only with talking heads.

52 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Wrestle Talk is some guy on youtube and What Culture/Sports Skeeda are websites that discuss information they get from other sites. None of them connections in the company.

They're as informative as WWF Rajah, only with talking heads.

Sportskeeda has been scooping some of the "legit" sheets. They're no Ryan Satin, but they were saying months ago that SSlam's main event would be a four-way when Meltzer's "sources within the company" were still saying Brock/Strowman one on one. 

1 hour ago, Bono said:

Ugh. The way Strowman decimated Brock tonight makes me think you're right. The two matches I said they should build towards for WM they're gonna rush  and have them both at No Mercy I bet. Cena vs Roman, Brock vs Strowman.  

Brock having a long reign with credible opposition is good for the belt and good for WWE. I agree that another Roman coronation would be a mistake, but I think they put off Brock/Braun because Joe impressed Brock and Heyman at Great Balls. I wouldn't be surprised if, come Mania, it's Joe getting the coronation. 

14 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Sportskeeda has been scooping some of the "legit" sheets. They're no Ryan Satin, but they were saying months ago that SSlam's main event would be a four-way when Meltzer's "sources within the company" were still saying Brock/Strowman one on one. 

I'm an Observer subscriber. I don't remember dave ever saying anything about Brock/Strowman at SummerSlam.

Not a of Satin's alleged "scoopz".

Edited by AtariLegend