Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Last night, Ricochet won BOLA to become the first ever 2x winner. He then cut a promo saying that he wants to beat Chucky T for the title before "moving on to bigger and better things." Sounds like he might finally be getting out from under his Lucha Underground contract when season 3 finishes airing!!

Mae Young spoilers

The Piper Niven/Toni Storm match was one of the best of the tournament. 

I wonder if they go anywhere with the Four Horsewomen of MMA vs Four Horsewomen of WWE encounter.

I called Kairi Sane winning it as soon as I saw the bracketology special. I'm almost right. We'll see next Tuesday. Who is the lady standing in the ring with Stephanie and HHH?

Edited by luciusfunk

18 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Mae Young spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

The Piper Niven/Toni Storm match was one of the best of the tournament. 

I wonder if they go anywhere with the Four Horsewomen of MMA vs Four Horsewomen of WWE encounter.

I called Kairi Sane winning it as soon as I saw the bracketology special. I'm almost right. We'll see next Tuesday. Who is the lady standing in the ring with Stephanie and HHH?

Yeah, that's what they wanted to do for months. Whether it'll actually happen or not....

Anyway having Ronda squash them just to set up a match that no one wants to see with Stephanie at Mania just for press coverage is pretty disgusting.

Maybe they'll end up with a better idea like how they wanted to put fucking Shane against Lesnar, before Goldberg came back.

-edit-

As for Ricochet looks like maybe, he'll jump to WWE/NXT in a few months. Lucha will be off the air and he'll just have to wait 90 days. NJPW also isn't doing much with him outside the Junior Tag division at the minute. Which, while great... probably isn't what he wants.

So NJPW will probably lose Ricochet, however they probably will pick up Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb. Riddle will likely do really well in NJPW, assuming he doesn't end up like Matt Sydal and end up in prison for smuggling weed.

Edited by AtariLegend

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:29 AM, axlslash said:

Catching up on a bunch of stuff this week. Finally getting through ROH's Liverpool PPV, and what a show. Cody vs Sanada, Addiction vs Bucks, and Team 3B vs LIJ are just rock solid matches all around. Taka/Scurll/Castle/Kushida was awesome too.

I was at that show. I've never been to a Ring Of Honor show before. The crowd were enjoying themselves.

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I was at that show. I've never been to a Ring Of Honor show before. The crowd were enjoying themselves.

I'm super jealous. I'm pissed that I can't get to any of the upcoming Global Wars shows, especially the ones with Kenny.

Cody is teasing a "huge match" for Buffalo. He's already got a match with Muno Suzuki in Vegas, so I'm curious who it'll be. Have to figure it'll be Takahashi or Naito; no way NJPW lets ROH blow Cody vs Kenny on a non-PPV, and I have a hard time seeing it be Okada. Not sure anyone else would live up to the sort of hyping he's doing, especially since he'll have Suzuki around the same time.

ROH/NJPW is just so much better than the E right now, it isn't even funny. Being The Elite is more entertaining and better storytelling in 10min than any WWE show in any given week. 

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

Cody is teasing a "huge match" for Buffalo. He's already got a match with Muno Suzuki in Vegas, so I'm curious who it'll be. Have to figure it'll be Takahashi or Naito; no way NJPW lets ROH blow Cody vs Kenny on a non-PPV, and I have a hard time seeing it be Okada. Not sure anyone else would live up to the sort of hyping he's doing, especially since he'll have Suzuki around the same time.

Austin Aires maybe?

7 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Austin Aires maybe?

Oh shit, yeah. If that's on the outside of his 90 days, it could totally be him.

Highlight of SmackDown last night: middle of Shane's promo, he pauses, a guy in the crowd yells "FUCK!" and you can clearly hear some people yell back "THE REVIVAL!" Take that, WWE stooges! Now just give us back Hangman, please. 

34 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

What's with hangman? I heard about the cease and desist for FTR and "suck it", but haven't heard about hangman. 

Have you watched the most recent BTE? It's just a joke. WWE "took away Cody's last name, Cody's catchphrase, and the Bucks' catchphrase," so now they're taking people too. It's a fun bit. Looking forward to this weekend to see where they'll take it. 

9 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

If WWE signed Hangman Page and Chase Owens, it'd be a big plus for NJPW.

Both are only there to be the 8th man in a multi-man tag match at the start of the show to take the pin.

Bullet Club these days is really a two-tier crew. I'll watch the Elite, Marty, Cody (I know you don't like him Atari), and GoD work anyone, but Owens, Page, and Takahashi do nothing for me. I like Fale as the enforcer haracter for the group, but not interested at all when he works a match. Intrigued to see what's going to happen with Leo Tonga. His brothers are a couple of my favorite workers out there right now, so hoping he'll slot in and work well with them. 

I don't have the time to demonstrate with action figures but I have a finishing move in my head thats hard to explain. I call it the Inverted Powerbomb (working title). 

You grab them like a reverse DDT, bend them like dragon sleeper, put your legs between their head and pick them up like a tombstone and keep lifting and plant them on their belly/chest powerbomb style with a different landing.

Edited by Pretendertothethrone

3 hours ago, Pretendertothethrone said:

Whoever changed John Morrison's name to Johnny Impact should be drug out into the street and shot, as Garfield would say. 

WWE own the Morrison and Nitro names. AAA/Lucha Underground owns the Mundo name, and is incredibly catty about how their IP can be used. For instance, I believe their talent are not allowed to work with Crash talent on Impact while using AAA names. In other words, Impact couldn't do Morrison vs Low Ki with him as Johnny Mundo because Low Ki comes with Konan, founder and head of Crash Lucha. Wrestling promotions are fucking dumb when it comes to this stuff (Broken Hardy saga, WWE C&Ding the Young Bucks, etc), and "Johnny Impact" is just about the dumbest fucking name on the planet, but I think at least on some level it's a rib on the fact that his name is constantly changing so that each new promotion can "own" him, so it being obvious and stupid is sort of the joke/point. 

• Haha 1