GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

14 minutes ago, stella said:

At the end of the day I feel a ton of empathy for Erin. From all accounts she seems like a sweet person who's been through a lot of very bad shit.

Yeah. Erin's not the one who repeatedly endangers other people's lifes by drunk driving, who raised the most awful children ever, who calls young girls bitches for not being super models like her, who screwed over an emotionally vulnerable guy for money and left him a wreck, who thinks making remarks about another woman's looks is a great comeback (the Kurt/Courtney incident),... I could go on.

Instead she seems to be a kind and sweet person going by everything I've heard and seen about her and I don't think she deserves all the hate she gets, especially for comparatively small issues like selling off Axl's old stuff. That's NOTHING compared to what Axl put her through.

-------------------------------------------

@john lennon Huh? The 3 little pieces of paper are "New Day Donut and DeliShop cards made out to "Will Bailey."" Like it says in the description next to the picture. The only interesting thing about these is that Axl apparently also went by Will and not just Bill (I think Will is much nicer, if you absolutely have to shorten William). The big piece of paper is a letter from Axl's step father to his children.

@killuridols I have a bigger version of that if you want it :P I'd volunteer to hold his ass up as well.

tumblr_lt34koRoUP1qco33o.jpg

27 minutes ago, giuls said:

@Lumikki the thing that sold me on the abuse was the story about his grandma nodding yes when he was asking her questions, i can see why she wouldn't want to give him detail, about fighting off that man, adrenaline is an awesome thing that can make one do things you'd never think you'll be able to do, i agree the straight razor thing seem an invention but the core of the fight is plausible.

Yeah, his grandmother is a point in favor of the whole story. And yes, adrenaline works miracles, but it still sounds just a little bit off to me, like a lot of stories he tells. Maybe that nasty air conditioning repair man was more successful in his rape attempt than Axl would like to admit and share with the world (not that I blame him), and that's why the story sounds slightly "edited". :wacko:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pink Rose said:

Something must have happened for that kid to post that!  I wonder if Axl tried to send a birthday present to her trying to still get her back after all these years.  He seems screwed up enough to do something that crazy.

It has nothing to do with Erin either.  She seems desperate to have him back all if a sudden but nothing is working.  Axl wants nothing to do with her.  

i'll have something to do with her

im only 24 and in better shape anj_muscle.gif

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, his grandmother is a point in favor of the whole story. And yes, adrenaline works miracles, but it still sounds just a little bit off to me, like a lot of stories he tells. Maybe that nasty air conditioning repair man was more successful in his rape attempt than Axl would like to admit and share with the world (not that I blame him), and that's why the story sounds slightly "edited". :wacko:

I hope for him it isn't the case!

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Maybe that nasty air conditioning repair man was more successful in his rape attempt than Axl would like to admit and share with the world (not that I blame him), and that's why the story sounds slightly "edited". :wacko:

That's basically what I thought when I saw that video of him telling that story during a concert for the first time. I remember thinking something like "Right. A tired, scrawny 90 pound kid wakes up to find some heavy trucker type guy on top of him, taking his pants off (or having already done that and doing worse already), but he somehow manages to get away and miraculously pins the guy to the wall with a straight razor (and where did that razor come from all of a sudden anyway? Did he sleep with that thing under his pillow or something?), threatening him and scaring him into running away. Sounds totally legit." /sarcasm. And I didn't even know back then that he also claimed to have given the guy that dramatic little speech you mentioned earlier. That makes the whole story even less believable. I know from experience that giving speeches is the last thing on your mind during a situation like that.

Anyway that picture @john lennon linked to goes well with the paternity discussion lol. If you look at the picture of all three of the kids, it's pretty obvious that they're not too far apart in age.

And reading that letter it's also pretty obvious that Bailey was a complete tool. Apparently we have Mr. Bailey to thank for Axl's gifts and talents because he asked the lord to give his children some of these when they were small :facepalm:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss11/FreyGNR/153204_0_zpsbpx9xcg5.jpg~original

• Like 2

Axls gone dark on Twitter :( 

I liked his happy tweets about how great the shows are, I know this is normal for him to not tweet for ages, but I miss his emojis.

@killuridols I know I was horrible to you a while back, so you probably think fuck off (I don't mind :lol:) but I'm glad you got the tickets you wanted. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axls gone dark on Twitter :( 

I liked his happy tweets about how great the shows are, I know this is normal for him to not tweet for ages, but I miss his emojis.

@killuridols I know I was horrible to you a while back, so you probably think fuck off (I don't mind :lol:) but I'm glad you got the tickets you wanted. 

He's too busy reading this thread and taking notes lol. 

I also miss his emojis, they're great :wub:. He could also change his profile pic, we have plenty of nice photos he could use :smiley-confused2:. C'mon Axl, give us some tweets :max:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

hee hee as usual this was super lulzy @Andy14

but what was on the front of the popo shirt? 

gnfnr2.jpg

Hard to tell, I think it's a shooting cat. There are no decent pics and it's impossible to take a screenshot from the video, cause Axl can't stand still :max:

axl14.jpg

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Hard to tell, I think it's a shooting cat. There are no decent pics and it's impossible to take a screenshot from the video, cause Axl can't stand still :max:

axl14.jpg

Sweet! Now I know what to keep an eye out for. Lol that bugger won't stop moving! (not that I am complaining) 

Dylan Brant is probably the only normal of the three brothers.Here is some info:

Dylan Brant: A Young Champion of Young Artists

By DAVID COLMAN JULY 8, 2015

AGE 25

HOMETOWN Greenwich, Conn.

NOW LIVES Mr. Brant lives between a rental house in Red Hook, N.Y., (a holdover from his days as a Bard student) and a stopgap loaner loft in SoHo while he looks for an apartment.

CLAIM TO FAME A self-described “25-year-old Caucasian male who lives in New York and who is totally art obsessed,” Mr. Brant is the tall, handsome and soft-spoken son of the supermodel Stephanie Seymour, and his stepfather is Peter Brant. The younger Brant is also remarkable for being about five jillion times more low-key than his two hyper-fashionable half brothers Peter II and Harry. Lately, though, he has been making a name for himself as an art curator, dealer and facilitator.

BIG BREAK A budding art operative could not have landed in a better incubator than his father’s house in Greenwich. “From an incredibly early age, I was basically brainwashed,” he said. “My father would play ‘name that artist’ with me, walking around the house.” (If he got it right, he got a dollar; if wrong, he had to give one back.) His first art internship, at age 16, was at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice; his second, at 18, was at the Gagosian Gallery in New York. The next year, in 2009, he and Vivian Brodie, a fellow intern, created their nonprofit art group, Y&S (“young and starving”), to help young artists with no gallery affiliation.

LATEST PROJECT In May, Mr. Brant and Ms. Brodie twirled their curatorial lassos with “Rawhide,” a cowboy-themed show at Venus Over Manhattan. “As a young man, I’m really aware of the standards for being a man in America, and you see a lot of that represented in cowboys,” he said. “So they’re interesting figures in relation to the disintegration of the American landscape.”

NEXT THING Y&S is producing a show, “The Frivolous Now,” at the Alon Zakaim gallery in London. Curated by Julio Felix, the show was inspired by the staunchly frivolous writings about pop culture by Andy Warhol, and it features several young artists that Y&S has championed.

SIBLING RIBALDRY “They are very, very intense people,” Mr. Brant said, referring to his half brothers Peter and Harry. “They like being performers. They enjoy the process of getting dressed. I’m more interested in helping people that want to be performers.” Still, the brothers have taught him a lot. “They understand nuances that I don’t,” he said. “I definitely get some style tips from them.”

FotorCreatedaa.jpg

7 hours ago, Pink Rose said:

Something must have happened for that kid to post that!  I wonder if Axl tried to send a birthday present to her trying to still get her back after all these years.  He seems screwed up enough to do something that crazy.

Hah! That's not gonna happen in a million years now, as long as Beta's with him. Beta never had anything good to say about Steph before and I doubt she takes a 180° and would not stop Axl from doing so. 

And after all these years I doubt Axl's still hung up on Steph and it was a short relationship compared to the one he had with Erin. 

1 hour ago, Lanna said:

Dylan Brant is probably the only normal of the three brothers.Here is some info:

Dylan Brant: A Young Champion of Young Artists

By DAVID COLMAN JULY 8, 2015

AGE 25

HOMETOWN Greenwich, Conn.

NOW LIVES Mr. Brant lives between a rental house in Red Hook, N.Y., (a holdover from his days as a Bard student) and a stopgap loaner loft in SoHo while he looks for an apartment.

CLAIM TO FAME A self-described “25-year-old Caucasian male who lives in New York and who is totally art obsessed,” Mr. Brant is the tall, handsome and soft-spoken son of the supermodel Stephanie Seymour, and his stepfather is Peter Brant. The younger Brant is also remarkable for being about five jillion times more low-key than his two hyper-fashionable half brothers Peter II and Harry. Lately, though, he has been making a name for himself as an art curator, dealer and facilitator.

BIG BREAK A budding art operative could not have landed in a better incubator than his father’s house in Greenwich. “From an incredibly early age, I was basically brainwashed,” he said. “My father would play ‘name that artist’ with me, walking around the house.” (If he got it right, he got a dollar; if wrong, he had to give one back.) His first art internship, at age 16, was at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice; his second, at 18, was at the Gagosian Gallery in New York. The next year, in 2009, he and Vivian Brodie, a fellow intern, created their nonprofit art group, Y&S (“young and starving”), to help young artists with no gallery affiliation.

LATEST PROJECT In May, Mr. Brant and Ms. Brodie twirled their curatorial lassos with “Rawhide,” a cowboy-themed show at Venus Over Manhattan. “As a young man, I’m really aware of the standards for being a man in America, and you see a lot of that represented in cowboys,” he said. “So they’re interesting figures in relation to the disintegration of the American landscape.”

NEXT THING Y&S is producing a show, “The Frivolous Now,” at the Alon Zakaim gallery in London. Curated by Julio Felix, the show was inspired by the staunchly frivolous writings about pop culture by Andy Warhol, and it features several young artists that Y&S has championed.

SIBLING RIBALDRY “They are very, very intense people,” Mr. Brant said, referring to his half brothers Peter and Harry. “They like being performers. They enjoy the process of getting dressed. I’m more interested in helping people that want to be performers.” Still, the brothers have taught him a lot. “They understand nuances that I don’t,” he said. “I definitely get some style tips from them.”

Well he's a sigh of relief!! He's altruistic and has a sweet aura about him.

• Like 2

Wonder why Dylan doesn't take after his biological father's name...after all he's in good terms with his father and even lived with him for some time. I know Brant adopted him but he can change it if he wants to.

Glad to know at least ONE kid of hers turned out normal. And that's the one who had lived away from her at times, growing up. Says a lot about her capabilities of being a mother. Not a trait that Axl should be looking for for a woman he envisioned to be the mother of his kids. 

She also has a daughter right? Wonder how that one turned out.

@killuridols happy to know you finally got your tix after all the planning you put together. Don't forget to share all the juiciest details from that show... pix...pix...pix....please...

Also hope you get to catch them at their hotel like you want to.:thumbsup:

Edited by cheesecake
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Thank you and I'm sorry :cry:

I was a brat too, pretty much like the Brant brats. Call me Harry or Peter Jr. I deserve it... :unsure:

It's all good!

29 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

@killuridols happy to know you finally got your tix after all the planning you put together. Don't forget to share all the juiciest details from that show... pix...pix...pix....please...

Thank you Cheese! :unsure:

I'm an emotional wreck right now. This day has been so long. I'm falling sleep and I am stressed from the whole thing.

This morning getting the tickets was HELL. I was so scared, the system rejected me and when I got in, I made mistakes so I had to go back and do it again.

Im upset because my friends didn't get theirs and I couldn't help them. I'm happy for myself but I've been trying to find ways to help people the whole day and now the best ticket which is the VIP PIT is no longer available.

My plans are in hell right now if I can't get good tickets for my gang but we still have hope in the following days the system will allow them to buy.

Im a dreamer, a daydreamer and I'm always dreaming way too big. First thing I dreamed about I got it. I never thought I'd get the best location in the stadium. But now the worse awaits: plane and hotel.

I feel exhausted but now I can't back off, I have to continue with the plans. A second date has been added but I can't do that one because it implies more traveling and more hotels. I'm literally in bankruptcy now. My credit card exploded.

Yes, I will share everything I can with you guys. Just remember things here are VERY different from the USA. The pit will get WILD so I don't know if I'll be able to take good pics with all that shaking but I'll do my best.

Im so overwhelmed about all of this that I don't even know if it's real or a dream. I can't believe I got that location. I want to crawl back to my mom's womb :unsure:

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Wonder why Dylan doesn't take after his biological father's name...after all he's in good terms with his father and even lived with him for some time. I know Brant adopted him but he can change it if he wants to.

Glad to know at least ONE kid of hers turned out normal. And that's the one who had lived away from her at times, growing up. Says a lot about her capabilities of being a mother. Not a trait that Axl should be looking for for a woman he envisioned to be the mother of his kids. 

She also has a daughter right? Wonder how that one turned out.

Yes, Stephanie has a young daughter named Lily. She was born in 2004.  

http://www.bellazon.com/main/attachment/2252430/