STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

On July 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Modano09 said:

Adler was fired, 26 years ago, and it was entirely his own fault. He spent 26 years blaming everyone but himself while often times making a fool of himself and proving exactly why he was fired in the first place. At the very least I don't think Frank should be thrown out of the band to accommodate an Adler return, especially given how much of a risk Adler is.

I just feel bad for Frank. He's like that step-dad who's been good to his wife and step-kids for years and now he's yesterday's news because the junkie dad's had it together for 6 months.

This analogy only works had it been Matt Sorum who people were asking to be kicked out in favor of Steven's return.

Nobody cares about Frank because he has been playing in a fake band for 10 years. There are no wives and step-kids involved here. I find it laughable how many here take the fake band seriously or put it in the same importance as the real band. Whether you want to admit it or not, this is Frank's first tour with GNR. 

Steven Adler should be the full time drummer. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

This analogy only works had it been Matt Sorum who people were asking to be kicked out in favor of Steven's return.

Nobody cares about Frank because he has been playing in a fake band for 10 years. There are no wives and step-kids involved here. I find it laughable how many here take the fake band seriously or put it in the same importance as the real band. Whether you want to admit it or not, this is Frank's first tour with GNR. 

Steven Adler should be the full time drummer. 

There's no telling if Adler can even handle being the full-time drummer. I don't know why so many people think a multi-million dollar stadium tour should be put at risk for the sake of Adler. And yes, he is a risk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

There's no telling if Adler can even handle being the full-time drummer. I don't know why so many people think a multi-million dollar stadium tour should be put at risk for the sake of Adler. And yes, he is a risk. 

How is it a risk?

Worst case scenario, Adler falls off the wagon and you merely fly Frank (or better still, Matt) out.

• Like 2

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

How is it a risk?

Worst case scenario, Adler falls off the wagon and you merely fly Frank (or better still, Matt) out.

Okay, Adler shows up before a show in no condition to perform. Show's cancelled. GNR doesn't need cancelled shows or drug relapses on their "make good" tour. Shows have to be postponed while they find another drummer because Frank took another gig. Unless you pay Frank to be on retainer in case Adler melts down. In which case, why not just go with Frank in the first place since he's reliable? Adler's not so important to GNR in 2016 that he's worth the risk and safety nets that would go along with him being the full time drummer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Okay, Adler shows up before a show in no condition to perform. Show's cancelled. GNR doesn't need cancelled shows or drug relapses on their "make good" tour. Shows have to be postponed while they find another drummer because Frank took another gig. Unless you pay Frank to be on retainer in case Adler melts down. In which case, why not just go with Frank in the first place since he's reliable? Adler's not so important to GNR in 2016 that he's worth the risk and safety nets that would go along with him being the full time drummer. 

I think you are being a tad over-dramatic. Adler will no doubt know the stakes, know he is under proviso - as he did no doubt with the guest appearance. Besides he is sober now and looks in better shape than Axl and Slash. What if Slash or Duff relapse as they were both addicts? Or what if Axl suddenly reverts to the Axl we last saw in 2006 and begins showing up late and having hissy fits, etc.

Every tour has a multitude of potential hazards you have to navigate - heck, look at AC/DC.

Adler is certainly important enough to take the risk as he is of the Appetite line-up, and is the only one who can deliver 'the Appetite sound'. If we see Guns as a sum of their parts, Adler is really as important as the other four.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I think you are being a tad over-dramatic. Adler will no doubt know the stakes, know he is under proviso - as he did no doubt with the guest appearance. Besides he is sober now and looks in better shape than Axl and Slash. What if Slash or Duff relapse as they were both addicts? Or what if Axl suddenly reverts to the Axl we last saw in 2006 and begins showing up late and having hissy fits, etc.

Every tour has a multitude of potential hazards you have to navigate - heck, look at AC/DC.

Adler is certainly important enough to take the risk as he is of the Appetite line-up, and is the only one who can deliver 'the Appetite sound'. If we see Guns as a sum of their parts, Adler is really as important as the other four.

If Adler could control his addiction when he needed to he wouldn't be an addict. Yeah, Slash and Duff have had their problems and could relapse but they're both more important to this whole deal than Adler is. Duff and Slash were 2/3 of the controller partners of the GNR brand and even after the years of being a punch line, Slash returning lets the GNR name do a stadium tour.  Adler's important to die hard fans who follow the band enough to spend time talking about them on the internet, he's not important enough to the 90% of fans who spend 2 and 1/2 hours seeing Slash and Axl play classic songs and go home happy.  

Just now, Modano09 said:

If Adler could control his addiction when he needed to he wouldn't be an addict. Yeah, Slash and Duff have had their problems and could relapse but they're both more important to this whole deal than Adler is. Duff and Slash were 2/3 of the controller partners of the GNR brand and even after the years of being a punch line, Slash returning lets the GNR name do a stadium tour.  Adler's important to die hard fans who follow the band enough to spend time talking about them on the internet, he's not important enough to the 90% of fans who spend 2 and 1/2 hours seeing Slash and Axl play classic songs and go home happy.  

Well that is just your opinion. The fact that people talked of Stradlin and Adler's absence when the reunion began in the initial spring shows demonstrates that there is a larger knowledge of their contributions. The Appetite sound is actually highly regarded among all fans of hard rock and rock n' roll - not just GN'R fans - and Adler is certainly a key component.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Because he sucks

Well he's been the drummer since the first show and things seems to be going pretty well. The majority of these audiences are there to gave a good time for a couple of hours and leave happy, they're not dissecting the show.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Well he's been the drummer since the first show and things seems to be going pretty well. The majority of these audiences are there to gave a good time for a couple of hours and leave happy, they're not dissecting the show.

unless you're the promotor of the shows, its of no real importance to you, to keep the majority pleased. besides, majorities tend to have extremely generic tastes. which, incidently, is what you can say of franks performance 

39 minutes ago, action said:

unless you're the promotor of the shows, its of no real importance to you, to keep the majority pleased. besides, majorities tend to have extremely generic tastes. which, incidently, is what you can say of franks performance 

A happy majority means a successful tour, a successful tour opens the door for more touring or new music, so as a fan, the success of the tour should be important to you.

22 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

A happy majority means a successful tour, a successful tour opens the door for more touring or new music, so as a fan, the success of the tour should be important to you.

i see where you coming from, and the thought has crossed my mind too, but after years of waiting, waiting and more goddam waiting, i tend to take things as they come, and i want the best experience NOW. more touring, new music? as jim said: "the futures uncertain and the end is always near". a year later he was dead.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Guigsdaddy76 said:

Where was Steven yesterday? I was hoping to see him in Toronto.

I was initially hoping he'd be there at every gig for the rest of the tour coming on for a few songs at least. However o now think he'll make sporadic appearances as Izzy has done over the years

1 hour ago, Original GNR said:

I was initially hoping he'd be there at every gig for the rest of the tour coming on for a few songs at least. However o now think he'll make sporadic appearances as Izzy has done over the years

Yeah I was hoping he would be there the whole tour now too. I was stoked for my show.. I am still excited (more so than Vegas) but seeing Frank ruining My Michelle, No Steven, No Out Ta Get Me, a stale set list the other night  brought it down a notch. Hoping for great things tonight!

41 minutes ago, starlight said:

Does anyone know when he'll be back? I would like him to play on Rocket Queen and Paradise City

Was really hoping to get to see him play with the in Foxboro.. Would make the show extra special.