08/16/17 - Buffalo, NY - New Era Field

Estranged Reality

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

I am absolutely blown away at how well this show sold. Last week there was more than half of the seats In the stadium still available.

Does anyone know if they closed of the upper deck? It looks like the only tickets available up there are the re-sale tix.

Just now, mikeman5150 said:

Does anyone know if they closed of the upper deck? It looks like the only tickets available up there are the re-sale tix.

I am not sure, although I did think that the Denver show would have had the upper deck closed off do to poor ticket sales and It ended up being open and the stadium was packed. It Is really difficult to tell with ticketmaster. I looked last week at the Buffalo show to kind of gauge how the show was selling and like I said, half of the seats In the stadium was still available and today It looks like It sold Incredibly well. 

hopefully nobody takes this the wrong way but I saw a genuinely funny comment earlier that brought me to tears.....someone commented on gnr's  facebook post "it makes sense these guys come to buffalo they have so many similarity's the guy in charge got rid of the good guys then picked up a bunch of no names off the street and tried to pretend like nothing changed and then they both just lived off the glory days for years" now as funny as I thought it was its not 100% accurate but still  (only Bills and GNR fans will understand)

Edited by slash was buckethead

3 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I am not sure, although I did think that the Denver show would have had the upper deck closed off do to poor ticket sales and It ended up being open and the stadium was packed. It Is really difficult to tell with ticketmaster. I looked last week at the Buffalo show to kind of gauge how the show was selling and like I said, half of the seats In the stadium was still available and today It looks like It sold Incredibly well. 

Yeah I did the same thing. I guess we'll see for sure tomorrow. I have a 6 hour drive and will be cutting it close to get there. I have upper deck seats and don't know how the upgrading works. 

Edited by mikeman5150
Added

34 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I am absolutely blown away at how well this show sold. Last week there was more than half of the seats In the stadium still available.

Yeah, I see it as positive that the band is quite the draw and people want to see it in the end. They  just didn't want to pay the initial prices and/or GN'R's marketing is piss poor. The idiotic media blackout and no concrete plans for new music doesn't help out. People want to be sold to and with a good narrative. They haven't even tried and they're unique in that many people see them as great but they didn't realize their potential. People in general actually want new music from them to see if it's possible that they can add to their tragically premature legendary status. I hope they try before it's too late. Shit the hard part, getting Slash and Axl back together already happened, it'd be a damn shame if they didn't go all the way while a little lead is still in their pencils.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ironmt said:

Wow, that's a lot of tickets shifted in one week. Maybe people wait to see how the last show went before making up their minds.  Could be that positive reviews of a show count for a lot more than we realise?

That said, I've noticed leaving ticket buying till the last week or even the 'day of' has been a bit of a trend over the past few years regarding lots of different concerts and events I've been to, not just music either.  I think in general, people lead busy lives and they either don't get their act together till the last min or they just genuinely can't book further in advance than one week.  I'm amazed at what a large quantity of tickets sell on the actual day of most events I go to.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow, that's a lot of tickets shifted in one week. Maybe people wait to see how the last show went before making up their minds.  Could be that positive reviews of a show count for a lot more than we realise?

That said, I've noticed leaving ticket buying till the last week or even the 'day of' has been a bit of a trend over the past few years regarding lots of different concerts and events I've been to, not just music either.  I think in general, people lead busy lives and they either don't get their act together till the last min or they just genuinely can't book further in advance than one week.  I'm amazed at what a large quantity of tickets sell on the actual day of most events I go to.

Great observation. I think you are spot on, especially with people leading such busy lives that they literally don't know whether they are coming or going.  Great reviews certainly doesn't hurt either and there are plenty of those on ticketmaster.

Edited by ironmt

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah, I see it as positive that the band is quite the draw and people want to see it in the end. They  just didn't want to pay the initial prices and/or GN'R's marketing is piss poor. The idiotic media blackout and no concrete plans for new music doesn't help out. People want to be sold to and with a good narrative. They haven't even tried and they're unique in that many people see them as great but they didn't realize their potential. People in general actually want new music from them to see if it's possible that they can add to their tragically premature legendary status. I hope they try before it's too late. Shit the hard part, getting Slash and Axl back together already happened, it'd be a damn shame if they didn't go all the way while a little lead is still in their pencils.

I truly think we are going to get one more album. Axl cannot hide his satisfaction/enthusiasm with being reunited with Slash and Duff. It shows on stage.

Edited by ironmt
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I truly think we are going to get one more album. Axl cannot hide his satisfaction/enthusiasm with being reunited with Slash and Duff. It shows on stage.

Agree.  After Meegan's insta comment I do think they are working on new material and Axl is most definitely having a good time up there.  He seems really energised and motivated.  He looks the best he has in I don't know how long (early 2000s?), he's moving around a lot more than he did even for most of the Euro tour.  I'd go so far as to say he's gone up a gear since coming back home.  

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Agree.  After Meegan's insta comment I do think they are working on new material and Axl is most definitely having a good time up there.  He seems really energised and motivated.  He looks the best he has in I don't know how long (early 2000s?), he's moving around a lot more than he did even for most of the Euro tour.  I'd go so far as to say he's gone up a gear since coming back home.  

I agree with everything you said. It does seem that they appreciate being back home. I think there Is a good chance that they will take next year off to most likely record a new album so we need to enjoy the next few months worth of shows that are coming up. 

6 hours ago, ironmt said:

6 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

They lowered the upper bowl to $25 and lower bowl to $50 via sites like Groupon, that's why the show started selling so well out of nowhere.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ironmt said:

I agree with everything you said. It does seem that they appreciate being back home. I think there Is a good chance that they will take next year off to most likely record a new album so we need to enjoy the next few months worth of shows that are coming up. 

I agree with most of this and others views except for the part about taking a year off. With all of the existing (according to him and others comments over the last what?? 2 decades???) material Axl has in his vault plus newer-ish material Duff/Slash had to have walked into this with and even more newer stuff they've no doubt come up with while on this tour just screwing around during soundchecks and what not, there should be more than enough to pick from to release at least one solid, kick-ass album of legendary music. They probably have enough material between them all to release 3 albums. Screw taking a year off. Finish this tour then go straight into the studio, work hard and drop some killer music on the world :headbang:

Edited by Crowebar
typo
  • Like 1