The whining thread

john lennon

16 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I need some help here. Ever since my semester ended a few weeks back my sleep schedule has gotten fucked up. I'm going to bed at a reasonable hour (10:30ish) but since I don't have to be up for anything, I end up sleeping until 11AM or sometimes even noon.

You manage to sleep 13 hours? Dear Lord... are you human?

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

You manage to sleep 13 hours? Dear Lord... are you human?

Yep. Depression will do that to ya.

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

do some voluntary work in your area, it will give you a purpose and it looks good on your CV. 

Do you have CVs in America?

Not sure. What are they?

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Someone with serious issues, meth etc got in my face earlier. Screaming to the point of spitting, talking all kinds of shit, threatening me, screaming shit at my mother while looming over her.

His 9year old daughter was there so beating the fuck out of him wouldn't exactly be a positive thing. It is what it is and I can't do anything because the situation is complex and all that will happen is people will get hurt and it will escalate into more of a mess. I have to swallow my pride and anger and bury it deep way down in my soul and play the gentle giant, which I fucking resent. 

He's a good guy when he's not like this and I care about him. But if he ever dares getting violent with my mother I'll fucking cave his head in.

Rant over.

Sorry to hear that bro.  Meth can literally make people insane...and insanely paranoid.  I've seen it first hand as well.  I'm guessing it's a family member but try not to get yourself into trouble....but do what you have to do to protect your mother, obviously.  Hope you find a peaceful solution. 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Radio just said the following: "Extreme Weather Warnings and Frostbite Warnings.  You might say 'Ah, we're all used to this' but any skin thats not covered will freeze."

And my heating doesnt work.

That sucks. Pay your bill next time. :P

J/k...hope you stay warm and safe. 

On 12/29/2017 at 10:03 AM, soon said:

Radio just said the following: "Extreme Weather Warnings and Frostbite Warnings.  You might say 'Ah, we're all used to this' but any skin thats not covered will freeze."

And my heating doesnt work.

The high today where I am is 2°F. I love winter but fuck, it's cold.

8 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The high today where I am is 2°F. I love winter but fuck, it's cold.

Yeah, its pretty extreme!  Its even colder then that here and its been like this for a while already.  Funny to see fancy business women wearing balaclavas though!

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, its pretty extreme!  Its even colder then that here and its been like this for a while already.  Funny to see fancy business women wearing balaclavas though!

I just had to Google what those are. The mental image I got was hilarious 

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I just had to Google what those are. The mental image I got was hilarious 

Haha - Im sure what your picturing is exactly what its like IRL!  I hope to see like an entire block of business people in balaclavas before this passes

A song on the radio reminded me of all the albums my ex stole when we broke up.  Well, stole seems like the wrong word.  They were mine.  You know how it goes.

I did go back and get my Floyd vinyl - actually she did maneuver to conceal those, haha.  Forgot about way too many Cd's though.

So had a broken boiler for 2 months. Having a new one fitted today. Pop out for a few hours to get little one out the house for a bit. Come back to heating, no running water let alone hot water and engeneer gone woth no number to contact him on

I know people on the front lines supporting opiate users.  Safe use and stuff.  And the reality is that we're also losing those front line workers to their own alcoholism.  Its fucking brutal out there.  No more NIMBY, lets save the users AND their professional service workers.

God I hate Iowa so much. It's full of really old people which means I'm always getting stuck behind someone going 10 under the speed limit. I'm surrounded by country music culture that gets very annoying to deal with. For every normal car there's 5 trucks. Makes the dating scene a pain in the ass too because every chick wants a "country boy." Can't wait to graduate college so I can move to Minneapolis or Chicago. 

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

God I hate Iowa so much. It's full of really old people which means I'm always getting stuck behind someone going 10 under the speed limit. I'm surrounded by country music culture that gets very annoying to deal with. For every normal car there's 5 trucks. Makes the dating scene a pain in the ass too because every chick wants a "country boy." Can't wait to graduate college so I can move to Minneapolis or Chicago. 

I think I can sorta relate about the dating "country boy" part.  Where I live I was invited to go "mudding" on a first date.  Apparently thats when an off road mud pit is driven through wth jeeps and ATVs.  Or on the dating sites its common for a women to write in her profile something like "I love huntin' deer, ice fishing, beer and truck country jams, off-roading, WWE and bacon.  Im a traditional girlie-girl and need a real man."  So, Im sorry; what's a real man in comparison to that?!?! lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

@soon I've been off and on with the online dating thing. 99% of the girls around here are into country and everything about it. Being a rocker guy isn't always easy :lol:

Duff said it was "so easy" he lied to us! :lol:

The big city will be waiting for you when you graduate :headbang:

• GNFNR 1

I'm having the last 3 of my wisdom teeth taken out on Thursday and i'm freaking out a bit. :nervous:

It's not even the extractions that are freaking me out. It's the anesthesia. Something about being knocked out in a room with a bunch of strangers just seems wrong. :lol:

On 1/21/2018 at 8:21 PM, Zoot said:

I'm having the last 3 of my wisdom teeth taken out on Thursday and i'm freaking out a bit. :nervous:

It's not even the extractions that are freaking me out. It's the anesthesia. Something about being knocked out in a room with a bunch of strangers just seems wrong. :lol:

How'd it go?