AslatIE

The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

18 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Really smart twist having different heads on the spikes than the comics. 

Makes it alot more interesting.

Yeah, but I was shocked!  I really liked Tara. I think she had the makings of a great leader. So many good characters lost their lives on Sunday's show.

I really want Alpha's head on a spike now after she's shot through the head! Damn her! She is just brutal

I didn’t expect the scene to come in this episode, I was thinking it would be the finale. But throughout the episode I was picking out people to die on the spikes. I was correct in all of them except Henry. I was expecting them to go the comics route and pick Ezekiel. Henry was starting to be Carl from the comics and now it’s liek they have killed Carl twice, meanwhile the comics still have him as a badass. 

Yeah, The talking dead was comparing Henry to Carl. I knew he would be on a spike once they showed each of them. Also by Alpha's look she gave Henry. What a bitch! No maternal instincts at all.

Well, I saw a preview of next week's finale and there's a big snow storm to contend with.

I'm hoping they show how exactly Alpha picked those people and how she captured them? I also felt bad for the Highway men too. I liked them and they never got to see a movie! Poor bastards!

Scott Gimple said there will be some interesting walkers with the snow storm.

I would think they would freeze, but maybe not? On Z Nation they had zombies in the North Pole, but they froze. lol It was funny to see them!

Anyway, I'm sure the season finale will be shocking as well and have us talking until October or November.

No word on when Rick's movies will air yet. Hope it's soon.

Holy shit, that’s what I call literal overkill. I’m talking about the penultimate episode, I only saw it yesterday. I’m gonna watch the last one today. 

Great way to end the season.

Can't wait for season 10. I'm so happy Negan did something so wonderful that maybe everyone will give him a chance now. So glad "dog" is safe too.

Great snow scenes. Hard to believe the snow wasn't real.

Alpha and Beta are just plain crazy. I know next season is going to be a life or death thing for them and everyone else.

Fear the Walking dead comes back in June. I think somehow Dwight is going to join them too.

AMC has some interesting shows coming up. There's a new show about witches and vampires and then in the summer it's another show about vampires. Cant' wait for Preacher to return too!

14 hours ago, jamillos said:

Holy shit, that’s what I call literal overkill. I’m talking about the penultimate episode, I only saw it yesterday. I’m gonna watch the last one today. 

Yeah, that was a shocking episode.

The Talking Dead covered some things last night that are in the comics, but might be different in the show. Guess time will tell.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think somehow Dwight is going to join them too.

Wouldn't be shocking considering the actor has signed up for the show :lol: 

On 4/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, AslatIE said:

Wouldn't be shocking considering the actor has signed up for the show :lol: 

Not sure if many people knew about this. Will be interesting on how he meets up with Morgan and those characters.

Posted (edited)
On 1-4-2019 at 9:46 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

'm so happy Negan did something so wonderful that maybe everyone will give him a chance now.

He's an interesting character, but it wouldn't be realistic... in real life, would you give someone a chance who killed two of your friends by beating them to death with a baseball bat and a smile on his face, and not to forget all the other people he killed?

But seeing as it's a TV show, that's probably exactly what will happen.

Edited by EvanG

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

He's an interesting character, but it wouldn't be realistic... in real life, would you give someone a chance who killed two of your friends by beating them to death with a baseball bat and a smile on his face, and not to forget all the other people he killed?

But seeing as it's a TV show, that's probably exactly what will happen.

Yeah, but honestly, how many people have they all killed.

I mean Rick had to kill Shane back in the day.

I think in this fucked up world, to fight Alpha and Beta you need someone who's going to kill without any thought or regret.

It's a dog eat dog world out there. Everyone of the characters has had to kill to stay alive. I mean Carol killed and set fire to the rest of the saviors. Can't wait to see how she'll tell Negan this story whenever she meets him.

I also think since JDM is a great actor, TWD will have to give him a bigger role or he might just walk away. 

Since next year is the last year for the show Supernatural, JDM just might want to go back to this show for some remaining episodes. He said it already in an interview. He's appeared in one episode this season and said if the show ere to end he would definitely want to be back.

I finally caught up and finished the season.

Wasn't terrible, but the show should have finished with Rick.

New season comes out sometime in October.

I want Alpha dead by the next season. Can't stand the bitch! I'm worried about that huge hoard of walkers. How would you get ride of them?

Posted (edited)

Just hurl about 20 Molotov cocktails down there...

Edited by jamillos

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Just hurl about 20 Molotov cocktails down there...

Yeah, that sounds cool. Hopefully, the whisperers will be down there with the walkers.

MAJOR COMIC SPOILER

Spoiler

So Rick just died. Holy shit. If Andrew Lincoln hadn't left, he'd only need to be on the show for a couple more seasons.

I still haven't gotten around to watching the latest FTWD season. 5 episodes in, I think.

How is it so far?

I liked it. The new bad guys are very crazy. I do hope they get theirs next season.

I am now watching Fear the walking dead and it seems to me that those people don't get the crazies that TWD gets. Maybe Morgan and Dwight are lucky to be in Texas and not Atlanta. The new Walking Dead season begins in October.

Preacher begins on August 4 and it's their last season. Love this show. Hate to see it go, but I do realize there's not much else this show can do. Maybe this show doesn't have as many comics as TWD does.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There probably should be another thread about how the comics just ended.

Edited by AtariLegend

On 7/5/2019 at 10:39 PM, AtariLegend said:

There probably should be another thread about how the comics just ended.

Well, there's a show called The Talking Dead that airs after TWD shows in the fall and sometimes they interview the writers or producers, etc, and they said they like to change the show from the comics so fans won't know what's coming up.

I never read the comics, so the show is all new to me. I know the writers have made a lot of changes due to actors leaving or just to move the story in a different direction.

Guess when it comes back in October, we'll see what changes the writers do this time around.