The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

They have helicopters evidently, maybe they have planes too and flew him to the other side of the world and he hasn't been able to get back to the US.

Or maybe they flew him to a mysterious island where he meets a group of survivors, who are stranded there as well, and he becomes their leader while they try to get off the island.

Or maybe he's secretly happy to be away from the responsibility of raising a kid that isn't his in the first place and a best friend who barely even speaks.

Edited by EvanG

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

Amnesia. The way I see it, it's gotta be the good ole amnesia thing. Otherwise why would he not want to return to his family? 
PS: Please don't let it be amnesia. :D 

Maybe whoever has Rick threatened his family, so he has to stay with them. No one is saying anything about the movie plots.

Evan, good ideas you have there. I know Andy said he was always curious as to what was happening in the rest of the world, so he's eager to do these movies about Rick. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It's been 6 years or more for Rick too. He probably can't get back to the US from wherever those people took him. I'm wondering if Jadus/Annie will return with Rick. God imagine they're involved. You know she had a thing for Rick. lol

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Be careful if you're shopping for Black Friday. I did all my shopping online!

11 hours ago, EvanG said:

They have helicopters evidently, maybe they have planes too and flew him to the other side of the world and he hasn't been able to get back to the US.

Or maybe they flew him to a mysterious island where he meets a group of survivors, who are stranded there as well, and he becomes their leader while they try to get off the island.

Or maybe he's secretly happy to be away from the responsibility of raising a kid that isn't his in the first place and a best friend who barely even speaks.

There was a Walkind Dead spin-off comic that had Rick’s brother. His brother was in Spain and tried to get to the US (but ended up dying). It might be cool if Rick had some of his family before the apocalypse in the show, I also would hate to have an amnesia storyline, it’s so cliche that I don’t want to see it ever again.

19 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

There was a Walkind Dead spin-off comic that had Rick’s brother. His brother was in Spain and tried to get to the US (but ended up dying). It might be cool if Rick had some of his family before the apocalypse in the show, I also would hate to have an amnesia storyline, it’s so cliche that I don’t want to see it ever again.

Okay, I didn't know that. Maybe that's what Rick's adventures will be about? Guess we'll find out next year.

It sure was, the new showrunner has got this show back on track for sure. The past couple of seasons were absolute crap and I was basically hate watching it. This season so far is right up there with the earlier seasons.

Quite a feat to turn a show around like this considering it was basically a lost cause. That dodging walker had me screaming "what the fuck" haha, good stuff

Damn! TWD lost another character. I didn't see that coming, but since even the writers have told us about the whisperers I guess we had to have something dramatic happen.

The whole thing with Negan and Gabriel was interesting. Can't wait to see what happens on February 10.

I watched The Talking Dead and all they said was that if/when Lauren Cohen comes back to TWD they will tell more stories with Maggie. Lauren is doing another show, so not sure what that means?

Also, since we don't really know why the 3 communities aren't really together it will be explained in the second half of this season. I'm wondering why Michonne and Maggie and others weren't getting along either. I mean Michonne was going to talk about combining the communities and having them governed with a charter, but it seems that never happened.

Anyway, very awesome episodes.

The creator of the comics was on TTD and he explained how excited he is about the whisperers coming on board. Awesome make-up too by Nick. Also, we will see how scared our characters will become not ever facing a group like this before. I'm very curious as to why these people are resorting to pretending to become walkers? Should be interesting.

Kinda strange about Negan... before he was crying his eyes out and asking Maggie to kill him, so you'd think that something like that and 6 years of being locked up would change a man, but he's back to his arrogant self and Fonzie impression.

It's also strange that an important character like Maggie just disappeared. 

After The Governor and Negan I was hoping that they would step away from another human threat, at least for now. Zombies evolving would have been different enough to evolve the show at the same time.

Still... really good first half of the season, I hope they keep this up.

Edited by EvanG

Yeah, I find it strange that Lauren just left to do another show and TWD writers didn't close her storyline. I think there's more to that story too.

Well, it was 6 years since Negan was crying and wanted Maggie to kill him, so I guess he got over that. lol Maybe being near a window and talking to Judith helped get his confidence back.

I just hope Negan doesn't get together with the whisperers. I would love to see Negan join one of the groups and fight with them. We lost another major character on Sunday and need another warrior type to fight this new threat which seems very menacing to our groups.

Can't wait for February 10 when TWD returns. I'm still wondering if the character who was killed is really dead? Guess we'll find out then.

Do you guys know the actor who plays Henry is the older brother of the original Henry and brother to the girl who played Sophia, Carol's daughter. She was on The talking dead and boy has she grown into one beautiful young woman. Chris H said TWD should bring her back as a new character since she's changed so much. that would be cool.

Also I guess no one thought Jadus/Annie going missing was the least bit curious? Guess Gabe wrote her off pretty quick.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
More to say

Gabriel is lucky he's not a Catholic priest. lol although what the hell would it matter. I mean come on, if God allowed this shit to happen, I doubt he'd care if one priest had sex.

I see none of us has said who the latest character was that died.

does anyone know when/if we can discuss it? I don't want to ruin it for the rest of the fans who haven't seen it yet!

Although, I'm sure it's all over facebook and instagram.

Have a good weekend people!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Gabriel is lucky he's not a Catholic priest. lol although what the hell would it matter. I mean come on, if God allowed this shit to happen, I doubt he'd care if one priest had sex.

I see none of us has said who the latest character was that died.

does anyone know when/if we can discuss it? I don't want to ruin it for the rest of the fans who haven't seen it yet!

Although, I'm sure it's all over facebook and instagram.

Have a good weekend people!

I think we can discuss anything but spoilers from the comics the moment it’s aired. I mean, if someone who watches the show comes here before having seen the last episode, it’s his problem. 

Yeah, Jesus is dead. :D

• Like 1

It was interesting seeing what theories people were coming up with about the whisperers before the truth was revealed. I hope they deviate a little bit from the comics going foreword but not too much. That’s when they did the best for the show. When they tried and follow exactly what happened it doesn’t go well (ex. Season 7,8). But they have done all the villains better than the comics (Except Negan) so I’m looking forward to how they treat the Whisperers.

18 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

It was interesting seeing what theories people were coming up with about the whisperers before the truth was revealed. I hope they deviate a little bit from the comics going foreword but not too much. That’s when they did the best for the show. When they tried and follow exactly what happened it doesn’t go well (ex. Season 7,8). But they have done all the villains better than the comics (Except Negan) so I’m looking forward to how they treat the Whisperers.

Well, the secret about the whisperers was going around. I hoped nothing would be said, then the death of a major character would have been more of a surprise, but I saw that coming although I was shocked as to who they killed off. Anyway, guess the next part of the season will be annoying since you won't know who's really dead or just pretending to be.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:12 AM, jamillos said:

I think we can discuss anything but spoilers from the comics the moment it’s aired. I mean, if someone who watches the show comes here before having seen the last episode, it’s his problem. 

Yeah, Jesus is dead. :D

lol okay then. I just don't want to say anything that might get me kicked off the boards.

Still not sure since Tom still had his very long hair on The Talking Dead show.

19 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

There's no way they do more than 2 seasons of the whispers. I bet the show ends up cancelled next year, if they don't change direction from the source material and I don't mean changing the order of deaths.

The saviours thing went on long enough.

Well, the creator of the comics said he has tons of ideas for season 14. lol Not sure if this is wishful thinking on his part or now?

Well, maybe if they cancel TWD some of the characters might go over to Fear. It seems to be working out great for Morgan. There part of the country doesn't seem as dismal as Washington DC does, but things change in the blink of an eye in both worlds.

I agree the Saviors did go on too long. I was so glad when Carol finished them off. Couldn't stand Simon or the other guy that Henry killed. Both were such bastards. Even Negan hated Simon in the end and that's saying something.

• 2 weeks later...