What is the best GNR opening song?

What is the best GNR opening song?  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Perfect Crime. But only if Axl can manage to do the insane coke-fueled performance he did in Indiana '91. :lol:

Got to be one of the top 10 performance moments haha

Even the fact that his voice was shot to fuck and scratchy as hell somehow adds to it

ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT !

Edited by Nice Boy
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Although I enjoyed its so easy for NITL ,I would love to see  Jungle or right next door to hell for an opener that would really get the place pumped . pretty tied up would be perfect for an encore openener, it’s so easy would be great 2nd or 3rd and I like nightrain and out to get me where they are in NITL setlist 

41 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

the only time paradise city has been good since illusions was in vancouver 2017 from the first minute or so - they should ditch their overplayed anthems like sweet child paradise city and replace them with deep cuts - they can't pull of those songs even remotely close 

Axl hasn’t been able to sing sweet child properly since like 1989

14 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Axl hasn’t been able to sing sweet child properly since like 1989

agreed - i remember in 92 paris it's just not tolerable - he did it justice at ritz - they really should scrap it - only reason why it's played is to cater to chicks and wannabe fans - complete bore other than slashs solo 

As someone who followed the band since UYI came out but didn’t get to see them line until 2006, I might be a bit biased in picking Chinese Democracy. I like the build the song gets. Jungle works the same, but I feel it a bit too cliched, at this point. The other old openers like PC either wouldn’t work today because of Axl’s capabilities or the image they have now versus ‘91.  Coma should never open, but Nightrain could be good anyway.