Confusion about the cheapest way to purchase all the music on a physical format

On iTunes there's two versions, a regular priced double album for £16.99 and a super deluxe one for £29.99. The super deluxe one features everything that's on the boxset.

But I want to own all the music on a physical format. Am I correct in thinking that the cheapest option to physically own all the music is the £169.99 boxset below?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Appetite-Destruction-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525546685&sr=1-1&keywords=guns+n+roses+appetite+for+destruction+super+deluxe+cd

If so, this really stinks. It sucks that you can download it all for £29.99, but have to shell out over five times that amount if you want to own it on a physical format.

Edited by Towelie

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Yes. That's the exactly same problem I have.

I just fail to realise why they could not put all the B-sides on the physical format. The alternative is too expensive. Buy the 2CD physical and download the rest.

It sucks!

I ain't spending £170 on something that can be downloaded for £30. That's a fucking rip-off.

I'll just illegally download the lot as a fuck you to their greed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I ain't spending £170 on something that can be downloaded for £30. That's a fucking rip-off.

I'll just illegally download the lot as a fuck you to their greed.

Yeah, they are including a USB stick in the $1,000 box that has all of the music in ultra HD quality. Those copies on the USB stick are bound to end up all over the torrent sites. 

theres nearly 2 months yet until release so hopefully in that time they will realise that some fans have rent/mortgages to pay and kids to feed and simply cant afford it and bring out a 4 CD set with just music and no memorabilia. it could cost them many millions in world sales if people on a budget can only get it by free downloading it.

can someone give me examples of other bands where its impossible to buy the music without spending a 3 figure sum of money on books, posters and other stuff ? 

The reverse of how the fans see things, Guns N' Roses seem to put far more premium on the crap than the actual musical content. Look at the maths,

- £29.99: musical content

(Yes, I realise there would be a manufacturing cost in plonking the things on discs, but I theorise that this would be small.)

£140.99: crap

And the anal rape boxset,

£820.000: more crap which is even crapper than the above crap

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

On iTunes there's two versions, a regular priced double album for £16.99 and a super deluxe one for £29.99. The super deluxe one features everything that's on the boxset.

But I want to own all the music on a physical format. Am I correct in thinking that the cheapest option to physically own all the music is the £169.99 boxset below?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Appetite-Destruction-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525546685&sr=1-1&keywords=guns+n+roses+appetite+for+destruction+super+deluxe+cd

If so, this really stinks. It sucks that you can download it all for £29.99, but have to shell out over five times that amount if you want to own it on a physical format.

Can u buy the digital one and later burn it all to CD's? :question:

Thats the only way I see for u to have physical format, unless you want vinyls :shrugs:

Am I the only one that finds it sad Guns fans are reduced to getting worked up over the thought of the release of a mediocre 30 year   old out take song that was not good enough for the original album? It is amazing Axl  can't even record and release one new song for this anniversary box set as you know Slash and Duff would be up for it.......

It is a shame they didn't work with Marc Canter to at least include his audio/video recordings  in this box set as he stated here he would love to do this for us fans someday.........now that would be a box set I would shell out good money for.......

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Am I the only one that finds it sad Guns fans are reduced to getting worked up over the thought of the release of a mediocre 30 year   old out take song that was not good enough for the original album? It is amazing Axl  can't even record and release one new song for this anniversary box set as you know Slash and Duff would be up for it.......

It is a shame they didn't work with Marc Canter to at least include his audio/video recordings  in this box set as he stated here he would love to do this for us fans someday.........now that would be a box set I would shell out good money for.......

i know where your coming from but what gets me is they have several live/demo versions of cover songs but dont have room for dont cry demos/slow version of SCOM/ anything goes alt lyrics/aint going down with lyrics(maybe they couldnt if the pinball company own it ?) 

as for the canter stuff, who knows ? did they ask him ? did they ask him and he said no ? was he asking to much money ? are they saving it for a live DVD ? only time will give us an answer to that

I'm interested in the music in physically form and I'm happy I can get it for 800$ lesser than the box with all the gimmicks costs.

It still is a lot of money but I think it's worth the price especially when the quality of sound is better than on the bootlegs.

This package and the expanded LP for round about 200$ is something I'm willing to pay for.

Edited by Free Bird

7 hours ago, default_ said:

I just wanted everything on vinyl without paying 1k, guess I'll wait. Maybe they'll release it standalone someday. 

same 4 me, I would love to have the sound city material on vinyl, but I can't spend 1000 USD