Shadow Of Your Love 2018 Discussion

Im wondering if anyone knows why or what the value is of "Shadow Of Your Love" being sung by Axl out of time at every performance of it live so far is there any motive behind it or just common mistake? Its easily the best sung song by Axl so far and he sings it with the old amount of Axl rasp but why does he sing so much out of time.

Heres an example from yesterday's Download Festival in Paris

I think a lot of it comes down to that once Axl digs in and finds the rasp, its best to pack as many words in with out pause - because he could loose the rasp. If that makes sense? So he sings in bursts between breathes and aligns it to the groove to what ever degree he can be bothered. 

But also examples like how Axl performed PC with NuGuns and how he sometimes still gets the whistle timing off suggest that he simply forgets how they went on record.

I like his SOYL performances but at times he's far enough out of sink that you get that effect like in crowds when half the people are used to clapping on 1 and 3 and the other half are used to clapping on 2 and 4.

I didn't actually notice that he was singing it out of time when they first done it. He does a great job chanting it, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know he was out of time, in my opinion the song structure is a bit muddled and it must be hard for him to gage when he's to come in.

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

He sung well, and in time, at Firenze Rocks. Easily their best performance of the song during this tour:

This was a good performance but i noticed the end he stuffed up missing the whole final line which prompted me to make this post actually, was a stellar performance for sure though as have all the 2018 shows have been actually!

Edited by Joraz

1 minute ago, Joraz said:

This was a good performance but i noticed the end he stuffed up missing the whole final line which prompted me to make this post actually, was a stellar performance for sure though as have all the 2018 shows actually!

Yeah. Too bad because he sang it almost perfectly. He fucked up at the end.

12 minutes ago, Joraz said:

This was a good performance but i noticed the end he stuffed up missing the whole final line which prompted me to make this post actually, was a stellar performance for sure though as have all the 2018 shows have been actually!

You are right. There isn't actually a perfect performance of the song during this tour yet, and while Axl missed the 'Shadow, Shadow...' part in the performance i linked, i do think it is the best he has done it. I would rather he miss the aforementioned part than sing most of the song out of time, but it would be good to see a perfect performance with the same vocals as Firenze.

It's a fast song to sing and I guess Axl's afraid of being too slow with his vocals. He's rather too early. All in all I think he tries to sing it right but it's a though song to sing. He almost nailed it in Firenze. Download festival in Paris was the worst performance so far.