Sign the Petition "Izzy Stradlin: Play us one concert"

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Ok, sorry I didn’t catch you joke. It felt sarcastic that’s why I said sordid.

To you more serious note: sure, social media would have helped to find people. Private people and police use it a lot nowadays and it helps a lot.

That's also why I said it. I'm sure his family has been very active, from what I've read, his sister is still active trying to find new clues after 23 years. So imagine if it would get a lot of social media attention right now, which wasn't around in 1995, maybe there would be new information coming to light? Might not be very likely, but you never know.

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Ok, sorry I didn’t catch you joke. It felt sarcastic that’s why I said sordid.

To you more serious note: sure, social media would have helped to find people. Private people and police use it a lot nowadays and it helps a lot.

Thank you @Tori72 for once again trying to rally support for our petition in this thread. I don’t understand why something so simple as asking Izzy Stradlin to consider playing a concert that could raise thousands of people to a level of happiness and appreciation continues to draw such negativity and attack. 

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

a guy who doesn't want to play live

Can you show me where Izzy said he doesn’t want to play live?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, EvanG said:

I don't know if he ever said it, but the fact that he has barely performed live since the early 90's says enough.

His last full concert was 2007 [Edit: 2000]; he was last on stage with GNR in 2012. He’s put out so much new music since, though, we’d just like to hear some of it played live. We are not asking for some big stadium world tour. A simple YouTube ppv live-stream would be fine. 

And if music fans would support the petition and just sign the thing instead of arguing at every turn about how useless it is, we’d have had 5000 names by now and wouldn’t have had to spend all this time, energy, money and effort promoting it on social media, and you and I wouldn’t need to have this exchange. 

Edited by Boogs
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Boogs said:

His last full concert was 2007; he was last on stage with GNR in 2012. He’s put out so much new music since, though, we’d just like to hear some of it played live. We are not asking for some big stadium world tour. A simple YouTube ppv live-stream would be fine. 

And if music fans would support the petition and just sign the thing instead of arguing at every turn about how useless it is, we’d have had 5000 names by now and wouldn’t have had to spend all this time, energy, money and effort promoting it on social media, and you and I wouldn’t need to have this exchange. 

I have never said that it's useless. I don't care either way to be honest. I can imagine him being amused when he finds out about it, and maybe even considers doing it? Who knows? It's obvious that he doesn't like playing live enough to actually go out and do it on a regular basis, but he's a musician, I'm sure he still likes playing with other musicians, hence making brief appearances through the years with other bands. 

I just made a joke earlier about how so much time and effort by fans could have been invested in a Richey Edwards' or some other serious case that is a bit more important, and maybe there could have come something positive out of it. You shouldn't take me too seriously on here, though.

Edited by EvanG

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

What show was this?????

Oops apologies - the last time he played any of his *solo* music live was 2007. As you probably know from izzyontour.com, his last solo concert was in Japan in 2000. 

• Like 2

The first thing Izzy could/should do is to release his post-On down the road-albums in lossless quality. 

I accept that he doesn't want to release them as physical records (CD or vinyl) but what I still don't get is why in 2018 there still isn't a chance to download them anywhere as wav or flac files. How can any musician release his albums in shitty mp3 or streaming quality only?! I just don't get it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

The first thing Izzy could/should do is to release his post-On down the road-albums in lossless quality. 

I accept that he doesn't want to release them as physical records (CD or vinyl) but what I still don't get is why in 2018 there still isn't a chance to download them anywhere as wav or flac files. How can any musician release his albums in shitty mp3 or streaming quality only?! I just don't get it. 

I would be so thankful to replace the shitty apple/mp3 albums with proper quality. Like a Dog first, please.

And I definetly wouldn't mind some more Izzy vinyl in my collection, only proper pressings please.

• Like 1

I wish GNR wouldn't cater so much to the fan base or what they think the fans want.  It was a much better band when they lead the way and we followed.  All our demands have lead to a band that is very professional and mechanical.  Note for note, exactly like the studio version doesn't leave much room for creativity to blossom and grow.  Maybe Izzy doesn't want to be the robot in this band we've asked for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cineater said:

I wish GNR wouldn't cater so much to the fan base or what they think the fans want.  It was a much better band when they lead the way and we followed.  All our demands have lead to a band that is very professional and mechanical.  Note for note, exactly like the studio version doesn't leave much room for creativity to blossom and grow.  Maybe Izzy doesn't want to be the robot in this band we've asked for.

When did that happen!?! 

If you read the OP the petition isn't for Izzy to play with GnR :facepalm:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

When did that happen!?! 

If you read the OP the petition isn't for Izzy to play with GnR :facepalm:

I was just think of all the demands we make on the band.  And here's another one, we're presenting a petition.  We need to stop.  You know where this was going and what's behind it.  Fortunately Izzy does what he wants.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

You know where this was going and what's behind it.

No i don't. do you?

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was just think of all the demands we make on the band. 

I don't believe anyone has 'demanded' anything from the band. We hope for new music, a different line-up and a change up of the set list and many other things. What we don't do is 'demand'. 

35 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I wish GNR wouldn't cater so much to the fan base

You didn't reply to this and i was so looking forward to your answer :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was just think of all the demands we make on the band.  And here's another one, we're presenting a petition.  We need to stop. 

We are not making a demand. We tell our idol we miss him on stage and IF he would CONSIDER playing one show, on his terms. Just him and his music. How’s that a demand?

You do know he already answered a fan petition before, right?

You know where this was going and what's behind it.  

Any conspiracy theories yet? Would love to hear them. Do tell. :popcorn:

Fortunately Izzy does what he wants.

Yay! :D Something we can agree on. He does what he wants and sometimes, maybe this time, maybe not, he likes to answer to fan petitions. And if he doesn’t and we all know this is very likely, we all just hope he’ll be able to feel the love fans around the world have for him and his music. That’s already something.

Ah, and to all the „new GnR music asap“ screamers: So you like GnR music and you know Izzy took great part in writing those songs? Why not sign a petiton that is for him and the music he wrote? Maybe even with some new songs? I don’t get it. 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I don't believe anyone has 'demanded' anything from the band. We hope for new music, a different line-up and a change up of the set list and many other things. What we don't do is 'demand'. 

Hmmmm..Maybe the way we express our “hope” on GnR things it’s can be easily misunderstood w/ an annoying demand. GnR fans has a lot to learn w Izzy’s fans. IMO.

• Thanks 1