RussTCB

Eminem - Kamikaze (08/31/2018 Surprise Album Drop)

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I have listened to all the albums in full but I grew up on old school Eminem that's the shit I like man but you gotta appreciate that the dudes not on drugs any more artists and people move on and grow.

Its like if Axl wrote a song now like So Easy it just wouldn't be right would it ?

Do you mean quality-wise, or content-wise? Because how can you long for something like the "old school" artist, but then reference a song they made in the early days and say it wouldn't be right if they made a song like that again...

People need to stop comparing artist's newer albums with their earlier stuff, whether they ride the coattails of their earlier work or not. Not talking about you or anyone in this thread specifically, but I hear and read so much stuff where people say "Yeah but if you go and listen to (insert album here), it's so much better." Is Metallica's ...And Justice For All a better album than Death Magnetic? Yeah, of course, but the latter is a pretty damn solid album. Same goes for Kamikaze here.

The past is dead, bury it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Do you mean quality-wise, or content-wise? Because how can you long for something like the "old school" artist, but then reference a song they made in the early days and say it wouldn't be right if they made a song like that again...

People need to stop comparing artist's newer albums with their earlier stuff, whether they ride the coattails of their earlier work or not. Not talking about you or anyone in this thread specifically, but I hear and read so much stuff where people say "Yeah but if you go and listen to (insert album here), it's so much better." Is Metallica's ...And Justice For All a better album than Death Magnetic? Yeah, of course, but the latter is a pretty damn solid album. Same goes for Kamikaze here.

The past is dead, bury it.

I'm talking about content here a 40 year old man talking about money and hoes it just doesn't fit Eminem has evolved I am loving Kamikaze I hope he does a part 2 

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

I'm talking about content here a 40 year old man talking about money and hoes it just doesn't fit Eminem has evolved I am loving Kamikaze I hope he does a part 2 

Right, I get what you're saying. Yeah, I totally agree.

I hope MGK enjoyed the past week or so because this was legit a killshot. If I'm him I wouldn't even attempt to respond.

That being said I hope he does because this white on white crime is hilarious 

It's your moment
This is it, as big as you're gonna get, so enjoy it
Had to give you a career to destroy it

:lol:

• Like 1

MGK releases a lyrically bland, abit with a nice beat and flow, diss track as a response to a verse.

Em responds with some next level lyrical shit, in terms of depth, and people think it's "alright"?!

There's a movie called "Killshot" with characters name Colson (MGK's real name, which he references in his diss), the tracked dropped on the anniversary of Patrick Swayze's death (which Em references, aka he's killing his career), etc.

But sure, calling an all time great old with a weird beard is somehow good enough for kids these days. This isn't Ether or No Vaseline or anything but to honestly think MGK kept up is stupid as fuck :lol: 

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 3

Neither person came out of this feud looking better :lol: MGK is irrelevant enough where Eminem didn't need to bother replying, but now MGK's received a lot more exposure and publicity due to this, and will likely respond with another diss track.  Em got played.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crazyman said:

MGK releases a lyrically bland, abit with a nice beat and flow, diss track as a response to a verse.

Em responds with some next level lyrical shit, in terms of depth, and people think it's "alright"?!

There's a movie called "Killshot" with characters name Colson (MGK's real name, which he references in his diss), the tracked dropped on the anniversary of Patrick Swayze's death (which Em references, aka he's killing his career), etc.

But sure, calling an all time great old with a weird beard is somehow good enough for kids these days. This isn't Ether or No Vaseline or anything but to honestly think MGK kept up is stupid as fuck :lol: 

The beard thing is a reference to ‘til we grow beards get weird and disappear into the mountains’.

37 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Neither person came out of this feud looking better :lol: MGK is irrelevant enough where Eminem didn't need to bother replying, but now MGK's received a lot more exposure and publicity due to this, and will likely respond with another diss track.  Em got played.

MGK has an EP coming out on Friday I think. I can't even really blame him for trying to capitalize on the moment :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gackt said:

My feelings on it pretty much, i thought the whole thing was pretty corny.

10 hours ago, Gackt said:

He didn't really get played. He even mentioned that he was hesitant to reply himself because he didn't want to give MGK any more publicity, but in the end it wouldn't really matter.

All MGK could say to it was "lol garbage. Also EP coming out!", so whether he says anything again or not, Eminem still won as far as I'm concerned. Not that there was any doubt, but still.

22 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The beard thing is a reference to ‘til we grow beards get weird and disappear into the mountains’.

I used to be a stan, I know what the reference is lol.

It's still a terrible diss though. If that's all MGK can come up with he's done for

Edit: TES is one of my favorite albums ever. I still think it's underrated when it comes to hip hop albums as a whole, just because it got overshadowed by Lose Yourself/8 Mile

Edited by Crazyman