New Single From Duff: 'Tenderness'

I love it!!!! :headbang:

Great message, great writing, great arrangements(!!!!) and great production! 

Duff is pronouncing and shaping vowels properly finally!!! Never thought we'd see the day. And that climax is powerful!

That subtle behind-the-beat bass lick is really cool, too!

Some irl insular sob had me seeing red earlier today and this song instantly cured me.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Still prefer this to generic SMKC shit. At least Duff sings better than he used to, and has put out something unique and interesting. I think it's actually a good song.

Also, those people who were saying that Duff doing solo stuff was indicative of no new GNR album, can now eat dirt. Duff said that his new stuff was not suitable for GNR, and we know that for sure now.

not suitable for GNR?

if axl piano songs are suited fort GN'R why wouldn't this one be as well?

besides, you can argue that this song (and specially these lyrics) is (are) inferior when compared to axl best piano songs like estranged, november rain

but you can also argue that this ultra basic ballad is more easy on the ears than all of axl's deep-complex-contemporary-multilayred-etc solo songs

14 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Still prefer this to generic SMKC shit.

same here, duff not-that-great-voice is infinitely more easy on the ears than myles unlistenable voice

51 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I prefer Rock the Rock over this atrocity. 

wasnt it shock the block?

:rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

not suitable for GNR?

if axl piano songs are suited fort GN'R why wouldn't this one be as well?

besides, you can argue that this song (and specially these lyrics) is (are) inferior when compared to axl best piano songs like estranged, november rain

but you can also argue that this ultra basic ballad is more easy on the ears than all of axl's deep-complex-contemporary-multilayred-etc solo songs

Yeah, i removed that part of my comment. I was ad-libbing what Duff himself said. The point was that people were saying that Duff's new solo album was evidence of no new GNR album, as he would contribute what he had to the latter over the former. Duff went on record saying that his solo stuff was unsuitable for GNR, which reinforces the point that he would not give everything to GNR (similar to how Slash has GNR and SMKC folders for separate ideas).

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

7 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

I thought the rhyme scheme was reminiscent of TIL. But in TIL the assumptions of grandure projected in the production make TILs lyrics seem overly simplistic, imho. But in Duffs song here, the 'lazy' rhyming words seem perfectly at home. I like the lyrics.

Edited by soon

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yeah, i removed that part of my comment. I was ad-libbing what Duff himself said. The point was that people were saying that Duff's new solo album was evidence of no new GNR album, as he would contribute what he had to the latter over the former. Duff went on record saying that his solo stuff was unsuitable for GNR, which reinforces the point that he would not give everything to GNR (similar to how Slash has GNR and SMKC folders for separate ideas).

i suppose duff would gladly record this (and all of his songs) as GNR songs if GNR actually existed

i suppose you can say the same about slash

and even izzy

i suppose the three of them only got in the business of releasing solo albums because GNR doesn't exist

yeah, but you know what, axl has a vision and...

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I thought the rhyme scheme was reminiscent of TIL. But in TIL the assumptions of grandure projected in the production make TILs lyrics seem overly simplistic, imho. But in Duffs song here, the 'lazy' rhyming words seem perfectly at home. I like the lyrics.

yep i agree with you. i guess you can like the song or not but there is no denying that this song has flow and that it is "easy" on the ears

well you can say that about 99% of the rock ballads on the market because they stick to simple beats and don't fall in the traps of overdoing, overproducing and "modern/contemporary" drumming that axl songs fell into

23 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

yep i agree with you. i guess you can like the song or not but there is no denying that this song has flow and that it is "easy" on the ears

well you can say that about 99% of the rock ballads on the market because they stick to simple beats and don't fall in the traps of overdoing, overproducing and "modern/contemporary" drumming that axl songs fell into

Well said. To my ears this track sounds like it could sit comfortably on the radio or a play list next to Dawes ("A Little Bit of Everything" or "Crack the Case"). So rather then Axl trying to be contemporary with flash, this simple song sounds very contemporary to me. Youre right, though, its a timeless form.

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Well said. To my ears this track sounds like it could sit comfortably on the radio or a play list next to Dawes ("A Little Bit of Everything" or "Crack the Case"). So rather then Axl trying to be contemporary with flash, this simple song sounds very contemporary to me. Youre right, though, its a timeless form.

now just imagine this song with axl singing with his proper dramatic/convincing/engaging vocals (not the clean crap shit voice he used on his album), slash soloing over these simple yet nice chord progressions, izzy doing some power chords here and there to take the song to new places, everyone coming up with new parts, maybe a better intro with a crescendo, an actual closing etc etc etc. this is nice enough but it could easily be a brilliant GN'R song and duff could actually sing along with axl the same way he does on its so easy

yeah

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

now just imagine this song with axl singing with his proper dramatic/convincing/engaging vocals (not the clean crap shit voice he used on his album), slash soloing over these simple yet nice chord progressions, izzy doing some power chords here and there to take the song to new places, everyone coming up with new parts, maybe a better intro with a crescendo, an actual closing etc etc etc. this is nice enough but it could easily be a brilliant GN'R song and duff could actually sing along with axl the same way he does on its so easy

yeah

Id be wth you in so many other cases. But I like this one just how it is! I hope Duff keeps this stuff coming.

Ill say this though, Duff displaying this level of songwriting and performance skills makes me really confident that any new GNR release will be absolutely top notch!! :headbang:The Levee Walkers single was really strong too!

• Haha 1