Gilby Clarke - Pawnshop Guitars coming to vinyl

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just don't understand how Rose could look at Gilby who had ''Cure Me'' and ''Tijuana Jail'' - both great rockers - and go, ''I don't really want to write with this guy'', then look at Tobias and go, ''yip, he is my guy''. 

That is his "vision" that we always hear about... Maybe he should have just gotten new glasses because his visions sucks

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just don't understand how Rose could look at Gilby who had ''Cure Me'' and ''Tijuana Jail'' - both great rockers - and go, ''I don't really want to write with this guy'', then look at Tobias and go, ''yip, he is my guy''. 

If I recall correctly, Axl wasn't the only member who commented on Gilby's role within the band and in the long run I'd imagine that Axl, Slash and Duff would have been hoping for Izzy to come back in some capacity - hence the failed 94-96 sessions.

Tobias wasn't all that bad either. He wrote some great tunes for Guns, an integral part of Chinese Democracy and even had Slash and Duff make some money off of his work after releasing Shadow of Your Love.

Edited by Dean

On 3/4/2019 at 6:06 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I believe Gilby was seen as a Slash guy. And, at that point in the Axl and Slash relationship he probably felt more secure with a guy who was totally in his corner. 

On 05/03/2019 at 1:06 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Opened this thread to say exactly that.