Board Games

I know most people these days play games online or on your game station, but does anyone still play board games?

My daughter loves them. We recently got "Sweet Valley High" and Mystery Date. We love playing them as a family. It's just so much fun and we all laugh alot.

Also got Life and Monopoly.

When my daughter gets a little older, we'll play Clue and Master Detective.

Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone else likes to play board games.

It's a great way to connect with family and friends.

• Like 2

Im a fan. And well said in the OP; young and old can gather around a board game together. Its a special thing. And it is also one of the great adult playtimes, imho.

I only know a few games all that well really, though. Cranium is fun! Monopoly is the one I know best. My cousin once flipped a Snakes and Ladders (aka Shoots and Ladders) board on me in frustration :lol: Bless em.

Another fan here. I love playing Clue with my daughter, and others like Ticket to Ride and Carcassonne. Trivial Pursuit too. We have a version where's there's kids' questions and grownups questions. I can only play with her though, because I'm a very bad loser (can't help myself) and I can take a loss the best with her.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Played a lot of board games when I was younger. Monopoly was my favourite because I had a strategy that made me almost always win! Also played a lot of Rummikub, still played that one just the other week with my mommy.

Im curious about Rummikub! 

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Monopoly was my favourite because I had a strategy that made me almost always win!

Hotels on Boardwalk?

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We had our own house rules which I played with a bunch of friends for years.

Nerds!! :lol: j/k

7 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's a good one for families. You create tile patterns, very much inspired by the Alhambra castle. There's points involved, but it's fairly gentle with a slight competitive element. It's very fun. 

just looked at it on Amazon. It looks complicated but it does say it's easy to learn. Gonna have a look on youtube (recommended by a few reviews)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

just looked at it on Amazon. It looks complicated but it does say it's easy to learn. Gonna have a look on youtube (recommended by a few reviews)

It's definitely one of those where you learn the rules by playing. It's just an unusual approach to collecting points. I didn't get it perfect the first time, but it didn't ruin the game. 

It's fairly fast paced which is nice too. No commitment like Monopoly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's definitely one of those where you learn the rules by playing. It's just an unusual approach to collecting points. I didn't get it perfect the first time, but it didn't ruin the game. 

It's fairly fast paced which is nice too. No commitment like Monopoly. 

I think i'm gonna get it for the summer evenings in the garden. Cheers @Gracii Guns

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Im curious about Rummikub! 

It's not just fun, it's also educational!

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Hotels on Boardwalk?

No, but I can't tell you, in case we ever play it together and you will use my strategy against me.

We used the English Monopoly version from my mom's time in Canada, so it was really old and almost falling apart, but it was also a good way to improve my English vocabulary.

• GNFNR 1

On ‎25‎.‎04‎.‎2019 at 10:29 PM, soon said:

Nerds!! :lol: j/k

Hey!! I am not going have you say such things about my friends. They are not nerds at all. I am the nerd. While they were content just playing and chatting, I was creating excel sheets keeping the score over three years with graphs and shit. 

• Haha 2

On 4/25/2019 at 2:57 PM, janrichmond said:

We still play Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary and Scrabble. I like a good board game. I don't really like Monopoly that much and there's so many versions of it now

WE also have the Seinfeld game. So much fun!

I love playing board games and it teaches my daughter a lot. She has to read the cards to learn how to figure things.

It keeps our minds active too. My mom loves playing games.

I'm still glad most of the games we all played when we were younger are still around. If not in stores, someone on ebay always has them. lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

WE also have the Seinfeld game. So much fun!

I love playing board games and it teaches my daughter a lot. She has to read the cards to learn how to figure things.

It keeps our minds active too. My mom loves playing games.

I'm still glad most of the games we all played when we were younger are still around. If not in stores, someone on ebay always has them. lol

Theres a Seinfeld game?! I need to try that out, whats it like?

• 1 year later...

I like Battle Line. My wife and I have an ongoing series of grudge matches that have lasted years. We normally do best two of three so the plays add up. It is such a great game, very tense. She is ahead slightly in overall wins...

Edited by Scaledish

Got a cool Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer bingo game.  It's so cute.

Want to get more board games for my daughter for Christmas. It's a great way for families to connect and have fun.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, Lio said:

Another fan here. I love playing Clue with my daughter, and others like Ticket to Ride and Carcassonne. Trivial Pursuit too. We have a version where's there's kids' questions and grownups questions. I can only play with her though, because I'm a very bad loser (can't help myself) and I can take a loss the best with her.

Clue is the best. Walmart had another version of the game. It has an Asian woman doctor now. No more Mrs. White. Not sure why?

Anyway, Master Detective is great too.