AtariLegend

Impending US/UK war with Iran

What's your view?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What's your view?

• Let's drop bombs, because it's been a short while since the last major war?
    • Let's all get along and not wage war

16 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

So when was WWIII supposed to start again?  Smh.   Clowns!

Only  knuckleheads that have never been to war or been affected by war would assume such nonsense.  

:facepalm:

well, hillary lost the presedential vote, so that can be an explanation.

to back this up, I'll quote an article by the guardian from 2017 (clinton voted in favor of the war with iraq):

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/nov/26/susan-sarandon-i-thought-hillary-was-very-dangerous-if-shed-won-wed-be-at-war

Edited by action

On 1/18/2020 at 1:37 AM, SoulMonster said:

Is anyone saying this conflict between USA and Iran will lead to a new world war? That's strange.

What is likely to happen is that this conflict will result in various incidents like Iran sending rockets on anywhere nearby with US military and USA will use drones to bomb targets in Iran. No troops on the ground, just war from afar, and fairly low-intensity warfare too. Then there will be more terrorist attacks from Iran. Maybe even on US soil. And against "westerners" in general. because Iranians, like everyone else, don't like being the victims of sporadic bombs and sanctions. All the fallout from US meddling in the Middle East that Americans hate, will just continue and increase. USA might be forved to station more soldiers in nearby regions, causing tension in these areas. Muslims elsewhere will be angry about civilian casualties from US actions and this will result in more terrorism. Moronic Americans brainwashed to think their country is great will safely from their coaches call for more sanctions and more attacks on strategic targets in Iran. Basically, history will repeat itself. Maybe it will result in a majorly spectacular terrorist attack on Americans or Europeans some time in the future, leading to USA attacking some country with muslims again, but that is a bit in the future still.

So no WWIII, just moronic leaders supported by moronic people doing moronic things resulting in decades of unrest and low-intensity war, resulting in ordinary people suffering and stifling economic, and thus social, development in a large region of the world.

My post was in reference to WWIII trending all over Twitter.   (so to answer your question, yes, a lot of people were saying it)

On 1/18/2020 at 4:22 AM, Len Cnut said:

I love how war is only a concern when it might encroach on oneself :lol:  

That’s not what I meant, bud.  My post was in reference to people on Twitter hash tagging WWIII and basically making a mockery out of it, when in reality, it’s nothing to take lightly nor should it be trending on Twitter after minor conflicts/incidents that will (or should) be resolved without a major conflict.  (Or one would hope, anyway) 

11 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

My post was in reference to WWIII trending all over Twitter.   (so to answer your question, yes, a lot of people were saying it)

Not trending on my twitter.

21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

It was on mine 

It's probably based on your browsing history for much the same reason that I'm currently seeing an asian brides dating banner at the top of this page. :lol: 

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

It's probably based on your browsing history for much the same reason that I'm currently seeing an asian brides dating banner at the top of this page. :lol: 

Mine is for $6 dollar shirts. It knows I'm a cheap-ass. I'm so cheap I'd make a Scotsman blush.

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Mine is for $6 dollar shirts. It knows I'm a cheap-ass. I'm so cheap I'd make a Scotsman blush.

They're not blushing. That's just damaged blood vessels as a result of rampant alcoholism. :lol: 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:03 AM, SoulMonster said:

It was trending the night of the initial attack by the US and again when Iran retaliated.

• Like 1