Impending US/UK war with Iran

AtariLegend

What's your view?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, soon said:

For me I like to always be reasonably prepared for anything and therefore never get too worried about anything.

Easy for me since I would grow and can my own food regardless, so I have a head start in that department. But I like to have a multi tool handy, the ability to start a fire, ways to purify water. I learned this as a disabled person living in inclement weather who sometimes gets snowed in. Its been absorbed into my larger home economics. Sharpening a bowie knife is just like sweeping up the floor. 

Learn you local wild edible plants and weeds! Its fun! Dandelion and sumac 'lemonade' is sensational :headbang:

don't forget the american fridge to survive the nuclear war.

all I need is this and some cheap wine to be all set. this stuff will make you feel like a sexual tyrannosaurus:

00135946-ST-20181022164106-420Wx420H?con

Just now, action said:

all I need is this and some cheap wine to be all set. this stuff will make you feel like a sexual tyrannosaurus:

Is that like them all day breakfasts in a tin?  I used to bang those out by the dozen back in the day.

• Haha 2

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Is that like them all day breakfasts in a tin?  I used to bang those out by the dozen back in the day.

yeah, but to make it complete you need to add a baked egg

my dad used to call this "cowboy food". I always try to serve it to my loved ones, going "who wants some of this, I'll share!" but they won't have any of it. bunch of slack jawed hooray for tolerance!s around here...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, action said:

What are your fridges like?

Beans with two types of wieners? Sounds tasty. Im having canned veggie chilli today and it makes me feel like a sexual tortoise :lol:

Get a bit of quality wine too, booze will be the currency in the event of shortages.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Veg chilli ... That makes me want to puke.

Same. Im stuck at home lately and people were kind enough to come by with some groceries. They all seemed to fear bringing a millennial anything with meat! Like I'd wokescold them or something. Got fucking almond milk too :vomit:

Oh well I had been surviving on cheese so some beans outta flush the system :lol:

45 minutes ago, action said:

my dad used to call this "cowboy food". I always try to serve it to my loved ones, going "who wants some of this, I'll share!" but they won't have any of it. bunch of slack jawed hooray for tolerance!s around here...

:lol:

My brother used to do a similar thing, which I swear to God was designed so he didn't have to share with no one, he'd smoke fuckin' Capstan full strength Navy fags, everytime someone'd ask him for a fag one of them'd come out and they'd be like 'nah, you're alright mate' :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

My brother used to do a similar thing, which I swear to God was designed so he didn't have to share with no one, he'd smoke fuckin' Capstan full strength Navy fags, everytime someone'd ask him for a fag one of them'd come out and they'd be like 'nah, you're alright mate' :lol:

the fact that I'm even willing to share makes them suspicious. they figure, either I have had enough, or it's some stinking shit like cassoulet (I love it though!), choucroute or canned herring. even then, that doesn't stop me from playing along anyway, just to wind them up. 

we do stuff like that. brings life in the grocery store.

50 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Your going to move to Brick Lane and start typing blog posts on your Macbook in Starbucks next 

You’d be burned at the stake for using a MacBook in Brick Lane. All those cunts are knocking out the blogs on a fuckin’ old school typewriter. :lol: 

2 hours ago, action said:

Should add a few of these to the pot. It has the duel advantage of being delicious and getting around the mygnr word filter. :lol: 

Mr_Brains_6pk_Faggots_38475.jpg?$pdpzoom

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Your going to move to Brick Lane and start typing blog posts on your Macbook in Starbucks next 

Im eating it now and its not terrible with enough hot sauce (scotch bonnet islander flavour).

I should blog about this - "Elders: Did You Just Assume My Diet?"... Err I mean, I dont blog. Pffft, I dont have enough opinions to blog.... you blog! Shut up:smiley-confused2::lol::lol:

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

So Iran have admitted to shooting down the airliner. Nice one Trump. 🤬

I'd say Iran has the biggest responsability here. they pulled the trigger after all.

it's not because someone provokes you, that you have the right to kill people.

I just see this as Iran shooting down an airplane, I don't really care about the what's, why's or who's. why not leave it to the politicians to use the deaths of these people for political gain. 

3 minutes ago, action said:

I'd say Iran has the biggest responsability here. they pulled the trigger after all.

it's not because someone provokes you, that you have the right to kill people.

I just see this as Iran shooting down an airplane, I don't really care about the what's, why's or who's. why not leave it to the politicians to use the deaths of these people for political gain. 

I don't think it happened in retaliation to anything. I think it happened because President Bonespurs made Iran think they were under attack and they launched a missile on the assumption that it was aimed at a US fighter.  

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

I don't think it happened in retaliation to anything. I think it happened because President Bonespurs made Iran think they were under attack and they launched a missile on the assumption that it was aimed at a US fighter.  

all I know for sure, is that iran admitted they have shot down the plane. wether willingly, unwillingly, in retaliation or not: the result is always the same. the victims don't come back.

that's not to say, trump was anything but careless and a bad president, but that's secundary. take it further, and I guess we all have a responsability. but what counts, ultimately, is who pulled the trigger.

the way I look at this, as a christian, is as follows. the people responsible will have to justify themselves one day, to the highest judge in the universe. there and then, politics won't matter much.

Trump is the head of state who ordered an unprecedented and destabilizing assassination. In that regard we can say that the "US took action"

From the info we have now it was not an Iranian head of state who ordered the plane shot down. These were panicked decisions made by soldiers and a commanding officer in a minute(s) while under distress, as far as we know. So its not as accurate to say "Iran shot down a plane" as it relates to the "US taking intentional and decisive action"

The responsibility that Iran as a state does hold is that it was in a war footing, believing itself to be under a sustained attack by the worlds sole superpower and yet it didnt shutdown its airports and close its airspace.

All of this was set in motion by Trumps crazy.

Edited by soon

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Trump is the head of state who ordered an unprecedented and destabilizing assassination. In that regard we can say that the "US took action"

From the info we have now it was not an Iranian head of state who ordered the plane shot down. These were panicked decisions made by soldiers and a commanding officer in a minute(s) while under distress, as far as we know. So its not as accurate to say "Iran shot down a plane" as it relates to the "US taking intentional and decisive action"

The responsibility that Iran as a state does hold is that it was in a war footing, believing itself t be under a sustained attack by the worlds sole superpower and yet it didnt shutdown its airports and close its airspace.

true, then iran attacked that US military base.

so the next plane that gets shot down by iran, will be trumps fault too?

Edited by action

the first world war started with a murder in sarajevo, but the biggest casualties were of britain, german, french and belgian origin.

who "caused" something, is of secundary importance. every death, every casualty is ultimately the responsability of those who pulled the trigger.

there is no justification for murder, not even "trumps crazy"

1 minute ago, action said:

so the next plane that gets shot down by iran, will be trumps fault too?

No, because Iran has no reason to believe it is at war, in active military conflict, with the US currently. According to US intelligence Iran has "stood down." Hopefully the soldiers manning the missiles arent in such a heightened state of anxiety anymore.

Like I say the Iran leaders are fully at fault for not shutting down the airspace. But it would be a nonissue without Trumps devastating and ill informed decision.

Its actually reported that Trump was briefed on a number of options, with the assassination being intended as being an obvious stupid move. They meant to use it to steer Trump towards the saner options presented.

1 minute ago, action said:

the first world war started with a murder in sarajevo, but the biggest casualties were of britain, german, french and belgian origin.

who "caused" something, is of secundary importance. every death, every casualty is ultimately the responsability of those who pulled the trigger.

there is no justification for murder, not even "trumps crazy"

I think you are conflating "cause" with "justification." Trumps actions caused this militarism.

Also, no one was even injured in Irans intentional response.

1 hour ago, soon said:

The responsibility that Iran as a state does hold is that it was in a war footing, believing itself to be under a sustained attack by the worlds sole superpower and yet it didnt shutdown its airports and close its airspace.

lololololololololololololololololol

:facepalm: