Anyone ever been in an Arguement,Fight,or Bar Brawl because of your allegiance to GNR?

sailaway

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

No, I'm not a douche. I like GN'R, but if others don't and are even confrontational in that stance, I wouldn't care.

I don't "align" to GN'R religiously or politically; I dig their music but am not willing to initiate harm against someone who does not.

Ofcourse there were some discussions with 'non-fans', like when I went to high school. I came in a class with some Nirvana addicts (it was 1994, a few months after Kurt killed himself), and they didn't like Guns. But I wore my shirts, even though I got comment.

Instead of leaving my shirts home, I became a bigger and bigger fan, AND I also learned to appreciate Nirvana's music thanks to them ;)

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

No, that would be quite childish.

On an entirely unrelated note, I did once almost attack a group of drunk baboons. At a festival they were standing about 2 metres in front of me and were acting like complete idiots. Then I saw one pissing in a cup and the other guys were laughing about it. He then proceeded to throw the cup over his head to have it land on somebody behind me. In an immediate rage I ran to the guy and screamed: "DO YOU THINK THAT'S F#CKING NORMAL?". As I was still twitching with rage they moved along quickly.

Edited by The Black

Maybe I hang with a bad crowd,or have an attitude problem,I've been in numerous verbal altercations over the years,got a ticket for having my car stereo too loud,and threw a shotglass at an ignorant Fuck for laughing at my GNR shirt :shrugs:

Had an argument with a best friend over who was better(GNR or Limp Bizcut) and he punched me in the face. Since he ran out of come-backs.... A few years later he hates Limp Bizcut and rocked out with me at a GNR concert. After the Soundgarden concert last night we jammed GNR for fukin 3hours

Maybe I hang with a bad crowd,or have an attitude problem,I've been in numerous verbal altercations over the years,got a ticket for having my car stereo too loud,and threw a shotglass at an ignorant Fuck for laughing at my GNR shirt :shrugs:

"I want details" was my second thought after "Sailaway, that's just not normal."

I don't "align" to GN'R religiously or politically; I dig their music but am not willing to initiate harm against someone who does not.

But we can all agree that U2 fans should be taken from their homes in the middle of the night and given the good news with a bucket of freezing cold ice water and a sock full of snooker balls yes?

got a ticket for having my car stereo too loud

The ticket is the least of your problems, keep that up and you're sure to go deaf soon. Save your ears.

HA! I'm not a kid,I already have tinnitus and that happened years ago.

But we can all agree that U2 fans should be taken from their homes in the middle of the night and given the good news with a bucket of freezing cold ice water and a sock full of snooker balls yes?

Ha, U2 isn't bad but that sounds like a reasonable reaction to coldplay constituants!

"I want details" was my second thought after "Sailaway, that's just not normal."

Simple,I wasn't on home turf,I was in fucking Atlanta,Ga with some friends,and some "Good ol' boys aka redneck hicks" decided to start shit,we had long hair and they were preppy buttondown college fucks,they started throwing insults and icecubes so I lost my temper and pegged a shotglass at a guy's stupid head,it got heated but the bouncers threw us out.

I hate the fucking south,and all the inbred hicks,they cultivate stupidity.

Btw, I've readed somewhere that Axl likes U2..

Ha, U2 isn't bad but that sounds like a reasonable reaction to coldplay constituents!

Is there a difference? I just thought Bono had more practice at acting like a sanctimonious cunt? :lol:

Oh C'Mon Dazey,Joshua Tree was good,early U2 rocked!

I hate the fucking south,and all the inbred hicks,they cultivate stupidity.

And that's threatening to you because in your case it came spontaneously?

Not threatening in the least,apply that to yourself and ask yourself why you would feel so insecure that you would need to go to a forum and randomly try and insult strangers you know nothing about. :monkey:

Don't hijack the thread,please.

I always get into music arguments, not just about Guns N' Roses, but many other bands too. Friendly arguments though, mostly among my friends. My friends make fun of my music interests and I make fun of theirs, that kind of thing. I have friends who love Guns of course, but some of my friends who I've met through school are into mainstream pop, dubstep, and other things that I'm not into whatsoever. I'll always create outlandish analogies to express my hate for it. It's enough to make people laugh, and that's what I enjoy doing.

I've gotten defensive of Axl and other band members before though. Sometimes if someone reads a rumor online and mentions it to me I'll correct them. It's usually not in anger - I understand not everyone goes on the message boards or follows the band closely and that kind of thing. These things usually come from people who listen to the radio a lot. Sometimes it's even positive stuff I'll correct them on, like "I heard the original Guns N' Roses is going to reunite at the Hall of Fame!" which I'll say "It's possible, but nothing has been confirmed. Only Steven Adler has 100% confirmed his attendance. Axl, Slash and Duff haven't ruled it out, however."

Perhaps not such a properly worded response, but you get the idea. ;)

I like showing off my inner nerd about stuff I'm into.

People down south are crazy. They are always starting fights, doing stupid things and fucking shit up. Maybe it is the inbreeding.

My friend bad mouths GN'R and dismisses them as a stupid hair metal band. I tried to argue but he is a stubborn bitch.

I always get into music arguments, not just about Guns N' Roses, but many other bands too. Friendly arguments though, mostly among my friends. My friends make fun of my music interests and I make fun of theirs, that kind of thing. I have friends who love Guns of course, but some of my friends who I've met through school are into mainstream pop, dubstep, and other things that I'm not into whatsoever. I'll always create outlandish analogies to express my hate for it. It's enough to make people laugh, and that's what I enjoy doing.

I've gotten defensive of Axl and other band members before though. Sometimes if someone reads a rumor online and mentions it to me I'll correct them. It's usually not in anger - I understand not everyone goes on the message boards or follows the band closely and that kind of thing. These things usually come from people who listen to the radio a lot. Sometimes it's even positive stuff I'll correct them on, like "I heard the original Guns N' Roses is going to reunite at the Hall of Fame!" which I'll say "It's possible, but nothing has been confirmed. Only Steven Adler has 100% confirmed his attendance. Axl, Slash and Duff haven't ruled it out, however."

Perhaps not such a properly worded response, but you get the idea. ;)

I like showing off my inner nerd about stuff I'm into.

I like to debate as well,especially on topics I'm well versed on,love your terminology "inner nerd",

My temper gets the best of me sometimes.

Great Post :)

People down south are crazy. They are always starting fights, doing stupid things and fucking shit up. Maybe it is the inbreeding.

My friend bad mouths GN'R and dismisses them as a stupid hair metal band. I tried to argue but he is a stubborn bitch.

Exactly! I'm allergic to ignorance,low tolerance level for shitspeak about GNR.