New Album Rumors Thread

21 hours ago, stephenchesneymusic said:

Hey, this is not GNR. Just me and some friends! I have a couple of songs I've been working on for fun! i will release it next year or not haha :P

preview
https://mega.nz/#!KUwxjSKQ!xqRxabTpwEgTJHMez7QxmIQM3Pp-K_uZzbGZsJpuL6Q

Im editing the OP as this is not GN'R, but hey your songs are amazing! You guys got a fan already :)

NOW, gimme some more rumors.

1 hour ago, pilferk said:

Having said that, he is definitely the originator of the track (meaning the original online source was his instagram)....but he's not commenting on exactly what it is or who it's from at this point.

So. many. plot twists.

31 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

The conclusion is that its not GNR. 

I know lol as I've said before, I saw a converstation with someone in GnR's camp saying it's not GnR.

But it's crazy someone would create a fake account to pass off as the guy on Instagram and post here and later we find out that's not the real why.

Edited by emybdc

4 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I know lol as I've said before, I saw a converstation with someone in GnR's camp saying it's not GnR.

But it's crazy someone would create a fake account to pass of as the guy on Instagram and post here and later we find out that's not the real why.

Well what should I say, there are some crazy people out there who got too much free time on their hands. 

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

So. many. plot twists.

I just want to clarify a bit:

When I say he's not commenting on exactly what it is or who it's from, I mean it literally. I just want to be sure that's clear.  He didn't say "no comment". He wasn't elusive or dodgy in our conversation...in fact, you see the entirety of his part of our talk in the screen shots.

But on his instagram, there's lot of other folks speculating and asking if the track is GnR...and he's not saying anything.  He's not saying it's him and his friends, he's not saying it's his band.....all he's saying is it's something he's working on and prepping for release. He hashtags #gnr (as you've all seen) and bunches of other influences/artists/"stuff".  He could be mixing/producing something for ANYONE, or working on something for himself...who knows.   I don't know if OTHER folks got DM's with more info or not, and I'll let other people pester him for info at this point, if they see fit. I've heard enough, at this point, to be satisfied.  We KNOW the original source of the "Fan club" video was Stephen's instagram.  For me, that's good enough and I'll watch whatever unfolds, there.  I like the track, so would like a chance to hear the whole thing, regardless. 

I'm of the mind that, no, it's not GnR.  But we'll see for sure, eventually, I guess.

Edited by pilferk

Just one more thing. Anyone remembering mercks comment on the checkmate clip? He said it' s definetely NOT GnR. Later we found out, that it was the real deal. Not saying that these clips are from GnR. But anyone saying "it's not axl", even any "reliable source" from the camp, means nothing. If chad himself or even stephen would tell us, we could be sure 100%.

5 hours ago, pilferk said:

Talking to Stephen, now. As soon as the mods approve his account here, he plans to come explain the origins of the track. :)

Thank fuck. The tracks are good. I just want to find out more information, and not be led around in circles by speculation and false accounts, lol.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

6 hours ago, pilferk said:

Talking to Stephen, now. As soon as the mods approve his account here, he plans to come explain the origins of the track. :)

Well, if it was GN'R he sure as hell wouldn't come here and say it was and then get sued/ possible criminal charges brought against him....so thanks for confirming it's not GN'R.

;)

13 hours ago, emybdc said:

But it's crazy someone would create a fake account to pass off as the guy on Instagram and post here and later we find out that's not the real why.

funny (funny?) thing is that a moderator from this forum Powerage5 immediately replied to the fake account telling us something like "there you have it"

4 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Well, if it was GN'R he sure as hell wouldn't come here and say it was and then get sued/ possible criminal charges brought against him....so thanks for confirming it's not GN'R.

;)

Either way, it's confirmed to not be GN'R. From his instagram:

axllesnar:Is this Axl Rose?

cacaioc: When will release to us?

stephenchesneymusic: As soon as I have time to get stuff mixed :) it's a fun project that we do - and the answer of course is not its not - but he sure does sound like him doesn't he? :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pilferk said:

Origins? This one song below sounds so NuGnR that I wouldn't be surprised if it's a cover version of a CD song we haven't heard yet.

I really want to let Stephen tell his story, so I'm going to say as little as possible. But 1) Right, it's not GnR.  I don't think saying so is stealing his thunder.  He's' said as much in the comments on insta. :) 2) It's not GnR in any way (not a cover of anything GnR has done...heard, unheard, etc).

I'm sort of intentionally being cryptic (which I know sucks), because I really want him to be able to tell his own story, and the genesis of the tracks.  He seems like a pretty cool guy, and a huge GnR fan....and he was totally caught off guard by all this.  This is very much (for you old timers) My Favorite Pillow, the sequel.

I also want to add...I'm not any sort of insider or anything. I'm sure a lot of you know me from HTGTH.  I'm just a schlub who reached out to a guy on instagram and got a response. I originally (as you can see in my  post) just commented on the track thanking him for setting the record straight, which confused the fuck out of him since he hadn't actually posted here.  I pointed him here and have sort of been playing middle man since then, and we've talked back and forth about this.

I know the mods are working on approving his account, but I guess the mod who does that is unavailable at this exact moment. As soon as they're available, I think the plan is to approve him and get him on here to give his version of what happened. :)

23 minutes ago, pilferk said:

I know the mods are working on approving his account, but I guess the mod who does that is unavailable at this exact moment. As soon as they're available, I think the plan is to approve him and get him on here to give his version of what happened. :)

I just approved a bunch of new accounts this morning including his. 

Unless there's something I'm missing, this seems like a pretty straight forward deal; it's a person making music that sounds like GN'R. It's more or less our fault that we thought/hoped it was genuine GN'R music.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Unless there's something I'm missing, this seems like a pretty straight forward deal; it's a person making music that sounds like GN'R. It's more or less our fault that we thought/hoped it was genuine GN'R music.

More or less, this, I think.

But the details are interesting (at least they were to me), especially to the folks that liked what they heard.  

I think a lot of his desire to tell his story also stems from the "fake stephen" who posted earlier in this thread. I suspect he just wants to make sure everything is clear and tidied up, and that there's no blowback from the guns camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We are all so needy of new music that any glimpse of that makes us cream like this. lol

But as I said before, those seems to be great songs guys, dont close your ears for it just because it isnt Guns N' Roses!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Fake Stephen'' haha. We have an impersonator of an impersonator of Axl! You couldn't make it up.

Stephen is impersonating Slash not Axl (with his playing style and tone atleast, I could have sworn that was Slash playing that solo on one clip). Whoever is singing is doing a brilliant job impersonating Axl though. If someone posed as the singer of stephens track then wed have an impersonator of an impersonator of Axl.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown