Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

As people have said, DJs don't have any kind of inside position on release dates. Sure, they might receive promos a month or two prior to a release - but by then all the major retailers will already know too, and promotion in general will have started.

February? Doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about Axl Rose?

Sebastian: "They think that 'Chinese Democracy' is never coming out... that is #1 misconception, 'cause I've heard it... like, it exists. To me I think it has a lot more to do with the business side of it. I've heard four albums' worth of material that's incredible. So when people go 'Is it ever coming out?', I go 'Yeah! And you're ever gonna feel stupid when it does.'"

ya... sometime soon hopefully...

Q: What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about Axl Rose?

Sebastian: "They think that 'Chinese Democracy' is never coming out... that is #1 misconception, 'cause I've heard it... like, it exists. To me I think it has a lot more to do with the business side of it. I've heard four albums' worth of material that's incredible. So when people go 'Is it ever coming out?', I go 'Yeah! And you're ever gonna feel stupid when it does.'"

ya... sometime soon hopefully...

tell baz that I feel stupid already... I've been feeling like this since '98

Chinese Democracy on Amazon

looks like we have another "Chinese Democracy on Amazon" It says the album will be out on February 12th 2008. I dion't know how or much about how albums are realesed in the UK.

On the site does anyone know what the "Content/Copy protected CD" means?

Is this usual, or does it have significance?

It means it will have copy protection. Which means you won't be allowed to copy the CD to your mp3 player.

It's interesting as it may mean Amazon have had real communication as to how/when the CD will be relased. I doubt it though.

It means it will have copy protection. Which means you won't be allowed to copy the CD to your mp3 player.

It's interesting as it may mean Amazon have had real communication as to how/when the CD will be relased. I doubt it though.

Well, I don't think that it'll have copy protection. The music industry stopped with copy protecting their cd's in 2003/2004 pretty much, since they became aware off that it was hopeless anyway. If CD will have Copy Protection then it'll just show (again) how much out of time Axl actually is - might as well just release the album on tape instead. :xmassrudolph:

That it shows up on Amazon ISN'T equal to Amazon having any communication with anybody about the release date or if they are going to sell it! Amazon has some weird tendency of putting items on their webpage that they'll never get and they just put down random release dates.

David Gilmour's (Pink Floyd) guitar tech Phil Taylor has written a book about one of Gilmour's guitars. Amazon has this one listed (think that they even have a release date), but they book is ONLY going to be sold with a signature guitar and through Phil Taylor webpage - Also no pre-order is accepted. Amazon allows customers to pre-order the book, even though they aren't going to be seeling the book. So if you see something on Amazon, it just means... well nothing actually.

Well, I don't think that it'll have copy protection. The music industry stopped with copy protecting their cd's in 2003/2004 pretty much, since they became aware off that it was hopeless anyway. If CD will have Copy Protection then it'll just show (again) how much out of time Axl actually is - might as well just release the album on tape instead. :xmassrudolph:

That it shows up on Amazon ISN'T equal to Amazon having any communication with anybody about the release date or if they are going to sell it! Amazon has some weird tendency of putting items on their webpage that they'll never get and they just put down random release dates.

David Gilmour's (Pink Floyd) guitar tech Phil Taylor has written a book about one of Gilmour's guitars. Amazon has this one listed (think that they even have a release date), but they book is ONLY going to be sold with a signature guitar and through Phil Taylor webpage - Also no pre-order is accepted. Amazon allows customers to pre-order the book, even though they aren't going to be seeling the book. So if you see something on Amazon, it just means... well nothing actually.

Hence why I said ''may mean''.

Hence why I said ''may mean''.

I know. Just wanted to make i perfectly clear to everybody.

• 1 month later...