City of God

Commandante

Sopranos season 1

The Wire season 1

Meh.

Awesome.

Fascinating.

Best Show Ever.

For some reason, never got into it. And I'm a Homicide: LOTS fanatic.

I've really liked Phone Booth since it came out in 2003-2004(?), I think it reflects the main persons mental reactions very well.

Yeah, City of God is excellent - saw it last year at school, fell in love with it, and found and bought it as late as today.

I haven't seen Commandante yet, and I found it in the budget section and figured it would be a nice opportunity to learn more about Cuba; a subject I'm not too familiar with.

I finally rented out Cassandra's Dream. Eh. Never really cared much for handing Colin Farrell a leading role, but I still thought it would be sublime to see Woody Allen and Ewan McGregor working together. Not so. :(

<sigh> I'll adore him forever and I always hope for the best, but I've been disappointed with everything since Bullets over Broadway.

I finally caught up with Margot at the Wedding, which I unabashadly loved. Which places me in an extremely lonely minority, but what the hell.

how the fuck does a movie like jumper get made? how does anyone involved in the making of this "movie" live with themselves?

i looked up rt and can't agree more with the reviews.

Jumper is so bad that it might be useful in film classes to show students what not to do.

Jumper is riddled with plot holes and useless action sequences in a wasted attempt to fill time.

Important plot points are left unexplored, and there's no killer climax, so you leave the cinema deflated rather than thrilled.

I'm not going to beat around the bush here: Jumper is a terrible movie.

"how the fuck does a movie like jumper get made? how does anyone involved in the making of this "movie" live with themselves?"

Some idiot thinks Hayden Crhristensen is the next Tom Cruise.

recently caught

300 - fun.

Flawless - Caine & Demi Moore, London diamond heist. Enjoyed it.

Bucket List - if you liked Shawshak Redemption - this is you're movie to die to.

Edited by wasted

hehe one of these days i'm gonna join imdb.

spot on synopsis:

This movie sucks big time. I've seen better sh*t in my bathroom.

I never had such a satisfying nap-time in my life, though. I paid 8 bucks for it. I should've.

If you want my opinion, don't waste your money on:

-A recycled plot; Nerd gets made fun of > Nerd gets power > Nerd becomes Superhero > Superhero tries to impress an old girlfriend > Superhero gets pursued by a white-haird Samuel L. Jackson with a shock gun under his trenchcoat... from the NSA. NSA!! Hahahaha! Ha. > Showdown. > Disappointment. > ???? > Profit!

-An unpolished script. Nothing about the dialogue captures your interest.

-You could give a rat's ass about the main characters.

-And the whole thing seems ab-libbed and out-of-nowhere. One minute, he's in a night club, the next, he's on top of the Spynx of Egypt eating a Subway sub.

Bottom line is, I'd rather hit my tits with a rubber mallet than see this movie. I place it right down there next to 'Ghost Rider'. Both this movie and that regurgitated *beep* they call "Resident Evil: Extinction" lower the bar for action flicks.

:lol:

im thinking of catching vantage point soon.

also the "sex" scene is quite embarrasing.

you could actually hear the girl laugh like, my god, doing this shit is sooooo soul destroying i cant even believe im doing this for real pinch me already.

watched Butch and Sundance the other night, GOD i love that movie!! :rofl-lol:

butch_cassidy_and_the_sundance_kid.jpg

i aint seen no new shit in.....years i think but i do so love oldies :) actually thats a lie, i seen like...Borat and Rambo and Rocky and Death Proof...but thats like...fodder, aint seen no new decent classic type shit. Saw High Noon the other night, THATS a fuckin movie!!!! Good ol' Gary Cooper, real motherfuckin' badass "do not forsake me ooooh my darrrlin'" :) gotta love Gary Cooper!! Goin through a Randolph Scott phase too..

0018a516.jpg

Edited by ffrankwhite

40. Staring at your mom's daughter (your long lost sister) as she walks up the stairs to her room is'nt creepy at all.

46. Paladins can beat the crap out of you even when you are jumping, but if you get on an ATV and slowly ride away, the Paladins will stand there in amazement

70. If you're in a flood, and only a Jumper can save you, he'll just smile, shake his head, and go to London to get laid.

seriously. im getting killed here.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I finally rented out Cassandra's Dream. Eh. Never really cared much for handing Colin Farrell a leading role, but I still thought it would be sublime to see Woody Allen and Ewan McGregor working together. Not so. :(

<sigh> I'll adore him forever and I always hope for the best, but I've been disappointed with everything since Bullets over Broadway.

I finally caught up with Margot at the Wedding, which I unabashadly loved. Which places me in an extremely lonely minority, but what the hell.

I have never seen anyone with such a snobbish behaviour regarding movies while being a Buffy fan.

RioBravo.jpg

a fucking all time great movie. theres something so wonderful, so american, so...cool about the idea of the Sheriff up shit creek but fuckin'...doesnt give a shit...and the relationship with him and Dean Martin and how he's like...almost a father thing for him, its sweet :) and Ricky Nelson as the cool ass motherfuckin' kid and stumpy, all holed up in this prison taking on the odds, WONDERFUL fucking movie :):)

18406360.jpg

a personal all time hero of mine (taken from Game of Death) which is like one his bestest movies (which ironically, he's only in for the last 20 fucking minutes) well worth it though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUaqlnjj88

check it out, Bruce Lee vs Kareem Abdul Jabbar :):)!!

Edited by ffrankwhite

I have never seen anyone with such a snobbish behaviour regarding movies while being a Buffy fan.

:lol: Most of the Buffy fans I know (or am friends with anyway), are total film snobs. Much worse than me. People who don't really know the show assume it was like Charmed or Smallville. It wasn't.

:lol: Most of the Buffy fans I know (or am friends with anyway), are total film snobs. Much worse than me. People who don't really know the show assume it was like Charmed or Smallville. It wasn't.

So you want to tell me that it is more than the usual *teenies can be strong too, don't take drugs and go to school sing a long bullshit*?

So you want to tell me that it is more than the usual *teenies can be strong too, don't take drugs and go to school sing a long bullshit*?

Yes, Jeanie. It was much, much more than that. :lol:

EDIT: Godamn Frank, way to demonstrate restraint! :P

Edited by Angelica

its a guy thing, you wouldn't understand now run along and go play vampire slayers or whatever

Mmmm...vampire slayers...

sarah67.jpg

Mag05.jpg

eliza77_jpg.jpg

It's a chick thing. You wouldn't understand.

no no wait, i wanna join your club now!!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

i am SOO sold...who the FUCK is that middle chick?!?!

Edited by ffrankwhite

its a guy thing, you wouldn't understand :P now run along and go play vampire slayers or whatever :lol:

Mmmm...vampire slayers...

sarah67.jpg

Mag05.jpg

eliza77_jpg.jpg

It's a chick thing. You wouldn't understand. :lol:

What!

So Kristy Swanson gets no mention?

Kristy-Swanson-06.jpg

She was the original slayer damnit!

Edited by appetite4illusions