Film Thread

ssiscool

It's funny cause it's true.

The Zodiac is a cheapie straight to DVD piece of crap, isn't it? I think I saw it on cable, it was awful. :( Up till now, Fincher has never disappointed me. I LOVE Alien 3. Hell, I like Panic Room, FFS.

Rain Man is probably my favorite 'special bus people' movie too (at least of the Hollywood ones). :lol:

Edited by Angelica

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done watching Zodiac a few minutes ago. I thought it was good, but not as great as some of the praise I've seen it has gotten from some of you on here.

I've always found Zodiac the most interesting famous unsolved serial-killer case.

But I was bored during the movie. Very dissapointing.

The Zodiac is a cheapie straight to DVD piece of crap, isn't it? I think I saw it on cable, it was awful. :( Up till now, Fincher has never disappointed me. I LOVE Alien 3. Hell, I like Panic Room, FFS.

Rain Man is probably my favorite 'special bus people' movie too (at least of the Hollywood ones). :lol:

I have no idea if it's straight to DVD it is awful though. I love all the Alien movie's I don't count AVP.

I've only ventured to the Hollywood one's with those movies. Never really struck me like Slasher flicks.

Have you seen Let The Right One In?

61SNHJanieL._SS500_.jpg

Just ordered that bad-boy off of Amazon.

Mate of mine bought a fucking huge HD widescreen tv thingy, so we decided to watch 300 again.

I don't care that it's a completely shallow movie made purely for eye-candy action scenes. And I don't care that it's full of homo-erotic imagery. And I don't care that some people think it's racist.

It kicks ass!

I want to join the Spartan army and fuck up some Persian's and their stupid Elephants!

^^^And that's how you two scored my Forum Couple of the Year vote. :wub:

I have no idea if it's straight to DVD it is awful though. I love all the Alien movie's I don't count AVP.

I've only ventured to the Hollywood one's with those movies. Never really struck me like Slasher flicks.

61SNHJanieL._SS500_.jpg

That will make Dann happy. Alas, I have still not seen Let The Right One In. :(

Just watched Friday the 13th II again. It always makes me chuckle when I think just how much of a klutz Jason was in his first couple of films.

His mother was even worse.

"Kill em Mommy"

I'm shocked they aren't remaking Bava's Bay Of Blood since that's basically what FT13th was 'influenced' by.

Just watched Friday the 13th II again. It always makes me chuckle when I think just how much of a klutz Jason was in his first couple of films.

"Kill em Mommy"

I'm shocked they aren't remaking Bava's Bay Of Blood since that's basically what FT13th was 'influenced' by.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the F13th films, up to the 8th one which was just junk, but the issue that I have with them and that genre as a whole is that there really aren't any scares at all. All of the kills are relatively bloodless and there isn't a real sense that the tension is being increased as the film goes on. Nevertheless, I still enjoy them!

61SNHJanieL._SS500_.jpg

Cormans a master. Excellent choice.

You'll definitely love Bucket of Blood. First horror-comedy ever. Definitely track down Creature from the Haunted Sea, too. If it's not on there. If it's not, let me know, I'll send you a link. It's Public Domain.

"Kill em Mommy"

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the F13th films, up to the 8th one which was just junk, but the issue that I have with them and that genre as a whole is that there really aren't any scares at all. All of the kills are relatively bloodless and there isn't a real sense that the tension is being increased as the film goes on. Nevertheless, I still enjoy them!

I do too. The thing with the gore was the MPAA cut out a lot of it. They recently re-released the First 3 and the first two are Un-Cut. They're fun slasher flicks and strangely they did the opposite of what most slasher sequels did they got better then went to shit.

61SNHJanieL._SS500_.jpg

Cormans a master. Excellent choice.

You'll definitely love Bucket of Blood. First horror-comedy ever. Definitely track down Creature from the Haunted Sea, too. If it's not on there. If it's not, let me know, I'll send you a link. It's Public Domain.

Creature From The Haunted Sea isn't on there but I can check a few places to see if they have it. If I can't find it I'll let you know and thanks.

Finally got to see Poultrygeist on the big screen. Nothing turns me on more than a nice 35mm showing. Still the finest directed movie ever. I can die a little happier.

This is why I value your contributions to this thread so much. I'd never heard of that, now having read the synopsis, I will track it down if it kills me. I should pay more attention to Troma in general, though.

saw the wrestler finally. it was good, i guess.

It's overrated, period. And the Oscar belongs to Penn, regardless of what actually happens. <_<

Penn's performance was very good but I don't know how you can dismiss The Wrestler or Rourke so casually.

Also, maybe I missed the flow of the conversation, but Spuffy mentioned something about The Zodiac being a piece of shit and mentioned Fincher -- but that's not the one Fincher directed. It was indeed a straight-to-DVD flick made to cash in on the release of Fincher's. The Fincher Zodiac was one of my favourite films of '07, extremely underrated.

Aren't you a MSTie dann? You should know better than to say Corman's a master!

Haha. I know they always give my favorite directors hard times, but still. Speilberg would throw his hands up in defeat and cry like a little girl if you said "Here's 20,000$, make a science fiction film. You have 3 days to do it".

One of my favorite mst3k moments was during an Ed wood film, where there was a really nice 2-shot (Ed Wood's specialty) and Mike says "See, this is the kind of shot you actually want Ed Wood for"

It's nice when genius recognizes genius.