Film Thread

ssiscool

I must watch this Hunger, The Wrestler, Frost/Nixon, Milk, Slumdog Millionaire and a few others I'm blanking out on at the moment, then. I hope it isn't all just films molded for the Oscar season.

I try to tell you wrestling is cool, but noooooo!! :no:

Wrestling is a soap opera for men. Darren Aronofsky, Mickey Rourke and a good script are not. :lol:

Triple H and Rowdy Roddy Piper should star in the sequel.

Well Piper certainly has the chops, ever see him in that Cyndi Lauper video with The Goonies? :rofl-lol:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Apollo
movie had more potential, I mean Jim Carrey was the best part of the whole movie

Let me guess. Carrey made funny voices and facial expressions?

How people find him funny is beyond me.

So we had Liar Liar where he couldn't tell a lie . . . . and now Yes Man where he has to say Yes to everything . . . . I wonder what is next?

I must watch this Hunger, The Wrestler, Frost/Nixon, Milk, Slumdog Millionaire and a few others I'm blanking out on at the moment, then. I hope it isn't all just films molded for the Oscar season.

Wrestling is a soap opera for men. Darren Aronofsky, Mickey Rourke and a good script are not. :lol:

Well Piper certainly has the chops, ever see him in that Cyndi Lauper video with The Goonies? :rofl-lol:

Nope, but I have seen him in...shit, I can't recall the name, I want to say it's called "They Live" but I think I'm wrong.

Nope, but I have seen him in...shit, I can't recall the name, I want to say it's called "They Live" but I think I'm wrong.

Nope, you're right. They Live is pretty excellent.

Piper is an excellent actor. No one could ever work a mic like him.

Nope, you're right. They Live is pretty excellent.

Piper is an excellent actor. No one could ever work a mic like him.

uhh yeah...i was being vaguely sarcastic? ;)

It's easy to say that, considering where Vince's head is at right now, but if you watch some of the truly great storytellers of the business, it's something else entirely. I don't care for many sports at this point in my life, but I can still go back to guys like Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart and marvel at their gifts to enthrall. Yea, we all know it's pre-determined, but there is an art to pro wrestling; an element of psychology that exists at the level of the angles, feuds, and the structure of the matches. It's kind of rare these days, but as long as you get a feel for how to watch it and what to look for, I don't understand how anyone can call the best stuff boring or childish, at least not any moreso than theatre, opera, ballet, or any other form of entertainment.

movie had more potential, I mean Jim Carrey was the best part of the whole movie

It was better than I thought it would be, though that's faint praise. But the best aspect, IMO, was Zooey Deschanel. She's radioactively charming.

Just saw that Brad Pitt movie the other day. It was great! Highly recommended.

Just saw Hancock the other day. I stopped watching it an hour in. What a fucking dumb movie. I like Will Smith a lot - But that movie was just such a bore.

Just saw Hancock the other day. I stopped watching it an hour in. What a fucking dumb movie. I like Will Smith a lot - But that movie was just such a bore.

his new one seven pounds looks good

I recently saw it. It was great. I highly recommend it. :heart:

Edited by -Laura-

Second that, very good movie.

It was better than I thought it would be, though that's faint praise. But the best aspect, IMO, was Zooey Deschanel. She's radioactively charming.

I want to marry her. Her album with M ward is great aswell, she can really sing, theyre called She & Him.

I want to marry her. Her album with M ward is great aswell, she can really sing, theyre called She & Him.

Volume One was calmly delightful, but when M. Ward doesn't stick to the background is when the real magic happens. I cannot wait until Hold Time. :wub:

Let me guess. Carrey made funny voices and facial expressions?

How people find him funny is beyond me.

So we had Liar Liar where he couldn't tell a lie . . . . and now Yes Man where he has to say Yes to everything . . . . I wonder what is next?

I didn't even bother to see this POS. Carrey's slumming it for the paycheck with these comedies so that he can continue to make oscar bait films. The guy just sucks now kind of like how Eddie Murphy stopped being funny after "Boomerang".

Just saw The Kite Runner. What a nice film, I think I'll get it on DVD.

Buy the book instead. It's a much more rewarding experience.

I watched Highlander for the first time in a while, Chris Lambert looks very mean in that massive coat of his and don't get me started on his accent; i can't decide whether he's trying to be Scottish or Dutch. Plus, i never knew there could be a Scottish Spaniard in Sean Connery. It was a wonderful film though and the music was grand (afterall it was contributed too by Queen.)

Who Wants to Live Forever is epic.

I watched Highlander for the first time in a while, Chris Lambert looks very mean in that massive coat of his and don't get me started on his accent; i can't decide whether he's trying to be Scottish or Dutch. Plus, i never knew there could be a Scottish Spaniard in Sean Connery. It was a wonderful film though and the music was grand (afterall it was contributed too by Queen.)

Who Wants to Live Forever is epic.

The second film is horrible...

One of these so bad its good films...

It basically takes everything you know from the first film and shits on it

just watched yes man, and was exactly what i expected...average movie

cheers, il definately watch that 1 soon