Film Thread

ssiscool

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I watched a movie called Mockingbirds don't sing (I think that was what it was called) at a friends house yesterday. In the 70's some people had a little girl bounded at a chair for 12 years or something like that. Horrible that such things have ever happened to a kid. My heart were kind of crushed when I saw it.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the Iron Man franchise keeps on going for the cooler villains! Or am I confusing something here, but a bald Jeff Bridges was the villain in Iron Man, wasn't he?

Indeed he played the Iron Monger, talking of tht film i watched it again earlier today and loved it!

Saw Citizen Kane for the first time today.

Really enjoyed it, I see why it's so acclaimed.

Still can't believe in was released in 1941.

I always feel the same about Casablanca when I watch it. I'm always amazed at how great it is and that it was released 66 years ago.

Saw Citizen Kane for the first time today.

Really enjoyed it, I see why it's so acclaimed.

Still can't believe in was released in 1941.

Absolute fucking genius. im really glad you liked it man. Its gets a lot of flak along with praise cuz people see it and think its boring or...i dunno, its a fucking landmark though, just...strictly technically speaking its really...of another time and place from all movies that came before it, Orson Welles is an absolute God..Even the story though, i just find it like...God, i cant even fucking call it man, just fucking brilliant. Watch Touch Of Evil if you aint already and The Third Man.

I really need to see the trilogy above all trilogies again soon; it gets better every time I watch it.

Have you seen it in the proper ordered 10 and a half hour trilogy format or just the three movies back to back? :)

While I thought it was very good, I wish I'd seen The Wrestler before the hype took hold. OTOH, Doubt, which I wasn't expecting to be much more than solid, floored me. The writing, and all the performances are flawless. It's stunning.

a good podcast for movie lovers.

http://feedproxy.google.com/MovieBanter

It reviews all the latest movies every week. Includes reviews of classics.

This week Paul covers Australia (the film, not the entire country), Jon covers The Spirit, and leaves slightly more confused than before he saw it, and they both review The Reader, which doesn't warrant a flippant addition because it's a serious film. "Desert Island Flicks" asks for their favourite black and white movie, producing an unexpected choice on both counts, and Paul hopes he hasn't caused the death of someone he knows by mistake. Or deliberately, come to think of it.

Paul is stand up comedian and film critic Paul Kerensa.

Jon is Jon Sandys. The owner of http://www.moviemistakes.com and it's sister sites bookmistakes.com and Gamemistakes.com

The Movie Banter podcast is normally 45 minutes but has a tendancy to go on longer.

Another cool website is http://www.themovietimeline.com/ It lists events of movies in date order. Like today in movie history

1493: 9th January: Christopher Columbus sees three "mermaids"--in reality manatees--and describes them as "not half as beautiful as they are painted." (Dominican Republic - 1492: Conquest of Paradise)

1913: Thursday 9th January: Richard M Nixon is born. (Yorba Linda, CA - Nixon)

1939: Monday 9th January: Future secret service chief Ward Abbott is born. (The Bourne Ultimatum)

2007: Tuesday 9th January: Journalist Simon Ross is murdered at Waterloo station, despite efforts by Jason Bourne to prevent it. (London - The Bourne Ultimatum)

Guest Apollo
Wasn't you banned?

Only briefly.

For all the folks saying positive things about Seven Pounds...*really*? :rofl-lol:

Great call.

Seven Pounds is pure shit.

Who is more desporate to win an oscar - Will Smith or Jim Carrey?

Wasn't you banned?

Only briefly.

For all the folks saying positive things about Seven Pounds...*really*? :rofl-lol:

Great call.

Seven Pounds is pure shit.

Who is more desporate to win an oscar - Will Smith or Jim Carrey?

I know, right? I'm generally quite fond of Smith, but this was inexcusable.