Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So The MBV re-make was decent.

First half was awesome then the 2nd half was like a episode of Dawson's Creek.

*hopefully* Like an episode of Dawson's Creek where someone brutally kills Dawson?

in that case you wanna see Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Has Waltz with Bashir chastened you to such an extent you're not going to bitch me out over trashing Gran Torino? :unsure:

Edited by Angelica

Has Waltz with Bashir chastened you to such an extent you're not going to bitch me out over trashing Gran Torino? :unsure:

No i actually sincerely believe and always have believed that...you're a little more perceptive than me in terms of cinema and certain subtleties of it. Most of the time i can't pick up on a lot of shit. It takes sheer brilliance for me so sit up and notice something exceptional has taken place but...things like "the Hymong kids in Gran Torino sucked" is something that...i dunno, i cant tell the fuckin difference and its something that i've heard in a lot of places but i dont...pick up on it, to be honest to me they're just a bunch of Korean kids, they fill their part in the movie and everything. The onliest serious observation of my own i made about that shit was the bit where Clint locks him in the basement i just thought...i coulda acted that bit better, thought it was just my ego or something. But all the rest of it? I dunno, i aint that smart to be able to like...really reckon all that shit out.

I've learnt over the years, certain things that are considered like, OK, that constitutes a bad performance but...i'm not really that good at being able to point that shit out, not seriously, not with it not being a joke, i just make fun of things, i dont think i'm equipped to properly critique a performance, most of my opinions are pretty boil-in-the-bag.

I think thats why i enjoy 99.9% of the movies i watch, i'm probably too stupid to know better :rofl-lol:

No i actually sincerely believe and always have believed that...you're a little more perceptive than me in terms of cinema and certain subtleties of it.

And yet you have no respect whatsoever for my fine taste in television. :question::tongue2:

Has anyone ever watched the film "Begotten" ?

actually yeah, kevdo reccomended it. Thanks Kev

I can't whether thats a good or bad thing :lol:

A good thing, i liked it. I remember you describing it pretty clearly. "The movie opens with God disemboweling himself. After that is anyones guess"

Now how could i not watch it after that? :rofl-lol:

So is it worth watching the rest of the film? :book:

Also, Kevin Smith makes good films... =P

Edited by damian 1200

How do you guys feel about musicals? Normally I don't like them, but I loved Sweeney Todd. I want to see Rent too. I like Jesse Martin.

i bought that a few months ago, not knowing it was a musical..silly me, i cant deal with musicals...so i turned it off 20 minutes in...i will give itago one day though

:lol: Same here. I hate them. Haven't watched Sweeney Todd though.

You should watch it! It's the only musical so far I can stand. It's not a typical happy-go-lucky musical. People die. :P

Like they talk about their feelings and the plot twist comes way too early.

How do you guys feel about musicals? Normally I don't like them, but I loved Sweeney Todd. I want to see Rent too. I like Jesse Martin.

i bought that a few months ago, not knowing it was a musical..silly me, i cant deal with musicals...so i turned it off 20 minutes in...i will give itago one day though

You should watch it! It's the only musical so far I can stand. It's not a typical happy-go-lucky musical. People die. :P

Rocky Horror Picture Show?

No i actually sincerely believe and always have believed that...you're a little more perceptive than me in terms of cinema and certain subtleties of it.

And yet you have no respect whatsoever for my fine taste in television. :question::tongue2:

I do. :heart:

Like they talk about their feelings and the plot twist comes way too early.

You know, I've never seen that. :unsure:

Got to watch Gran Torino last night. Fucking fantastic. Anyone who didn't like it is insane. I'll definitely be buying it.

WALT!!!! LET ME OUT WALT!!!!!

Urgh!

Apart from that one scene I thought that it was a fantastic film (although some of the acting was decidedly meh).

Got to watch Gran Torino last night. Fucking fantastic. Anyone who didn't like it is insane. I'll definitely be buying it.

WALT!!!! LET ME OUT WALT!!!!!

Urgh!

Apart from that one scene I thought that it was a fantastic film (although some of the acting was decidedly meh).

Yeah, that part did sort of annoy me.

WAAAAAAALLGGGHTTTT!!!!!! BLAAAAAGH!

Gran Torino was routine Eastwood surrounded by some of the worst acting I've seen in my life (not helped by some truly awful dialogue).

Honestly, I can see how the surface sentimentality might appeal to some, but imo this formula worked infinitely better in Million Dollar Baby. Even the career build-up to the poetic ending can't save the film when you consider everything that's appalling about it. I won't even get into it, I just wanna forget.

Just watched 24 Hour Party People.

I cant fucking believe i hadnt seen it before, its basically about all my fuckin favorite bands, Joy Division, The Sex Pistols, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Buzzcocks, fuckin all of em! Even The Happy Mondays! Not only that, it was fucking hilairious. I didnt get the impression at times early on that it was lampooning something that i felt (and have always thought) was very important and artistic and...something or other. For a moment i felt duty bound to hate it but i couldnt, it had me creasing.

"FOOKIN 30 GRAND FOR A FOOKIN' TABLE YA CUNT!!"

:rofl-lol:

I also can't believe how much Coogan seems to be playing Partrige whilst playing Wilson. And it working.

Thanx Gelianca ;) Only took about a year huh? :lol:

:o You have to see that! It's not possible for anyone remotely cool not to love it.

Gran Torino was routine Eastwood surrounded by some of the worst acting I've seen in my life (not helped by some truly awful dialogue).

Honestly, I can see how the surface sentimentality might appeal to some, but imo this formula worked infinitely better in Million Dollar Baby. Even the career build-up to the poetic ending can't save the film when you consider everything that's appalling about it. I won't even get into it, I just wanna forget.

Oh dear, er...marry me? :wub:

I cant fucking believe i hadnt seen it before, its basically about all my fuckin favorite bands, Joy Division, The Sex Pistols, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Buzzcocks, fuckin all of em! Even The Happy Mondays! Not only that, it was fucking hilairious. I didnt get the impression at times early on that it was lampooning something that i felt (and have always thought) was very important and artistic and...something or other. For a moment i felt duty bound to hate it but i couldnt, it had me creasing.

I also can't believe how much Coogan seems to be playing Partrige whilst playing Wilson. And it working.

About damn time. Now see Exotica.

:o You have to see that! It's not possible for anyone remotely cool not to love it.

Hmm, guess I'm not remotely cool then. I'll go impale myself on something sharp and pointy.

:lol: You're very cool, that's why I assume you'd like it. :heart:

Hmm, guess I'm not remotely cool then. I'll go impale myself on something sharp and pointy.

:lol: You're very cool, that's why I assume you'd like it. :heart:

Damn, I'd already picked out my sharp and pointy too. :no:

Do you know which version you saw? I remember seeing it on TV in 2005 and thinking the film was awful. But then I got hold of a copy of the 2-Disc extended edition DVD. And I really liked it.

Love the scene where he's getting a blowjob in the van "Can I....Can I just touch your tits while you're doing that? Oh that is lovely" :lol: