Film Thread

ssiscool

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

May I just ask, what ever happened to this Dragon-movie we had on cinema a few years ago? I think it was called Eragon or something like that. I thought it sucked (like everybody else), but I believe there was some sort of "To be continued..." or something in the end of the movie? Was it such a flop that they turned down the whole movieproject?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Domestic Disturbance last night, Vince Vaughan was very sinister and John Travolta looked cheerful the entire film despite the storyline. I felt bad for Steve Buscemi too, damn furness. I also watched Employee of the Month, is Dane Cook one of the people of the moment right now, like Seth Rogen and those people; comedies are different now aren't they.

I watched Domestic Disturbance last night, Vince Vaughan was very sinister and John Travolta looked cheerful the entire film despite the storyline. I felt bad for Steve Buscemi too, damn furness. I also watched Employee of the Month, is Dane Cook one of the people of the moment right now, like Seth Rogen and those people; comedies are different now aren't they.

The only difference is Rogen's movies are funny, and Cook's aren't.

I like his stand-up. I've only seen one of his movies and I wasn't impressed.

Seth Rogen is quite hilarious though. I loved Pineapple Express.

I like his stand-up. I've only seen one of his movies and I wasn't impressed.

Seth Rogen is quite hilarious though. I loved Pineapple Express.

hes on fire lately, and all the other recuring cast...cant wait for the next one

I've been looking forward to Waltz with Bashir and none of the cinemas anywhere near me are playing it. Can't find a decent torrent either. Rubbish.

Keep trying, it's beyond worth it.

And Rogen is likeable while Cook is utterly repellant. <_<

Edited by Angelica

May I just ask, what ever happened to this Dragon-movie we had on cinema a few years ago? I think it was called Eragon or something like that. I thought it sucked (like everybody else), but I believe there was some sort of "To be continued..." or something in the end of the movie? Was it such a flop that they turned down the whole movieproject?

I don't know about the films but I love the books, there were two to follow Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr. I have no real desire to watch the film, it was by all accounts shit and I normally hate film adaptations of books I like anyway.

Colin Farrell won a golden globe for playing himself in "In Bruges".

Oh, who cares! He was wonderful and the film deserves a little recognition.

I actually found the film to be a rather middling affair to be honest with you but it's a step above what Farrell usually does. I do like the guy in certain roles but can we agree that his range as an actor is quite limited?

Just watched Gran Torino. What a great film, I'm definitely buying it when it's out on DVD.

I really want to see that.

I'm going to see Bride Wars this weekend. It looks cute, and I really like Anne Hathaway.

I probably will too, but only for Hathaway. I'm fairly confident it will be awful, Hudson has become the absolute kiss of death.

I actually found the film to be a rather middling affair to be honest with you but it's a step above what Farrell usually does. I do like the guy in certain roles but can we agree that his range as an actor is quite limited?

I wasn't expecting a lot and I enjoyed it immensely. I love Gleeson and Fiennes to death, that helped. Of course Farrell is limited...this is the first time he's been good in anything, to my recollection. Even Oliver couldn't get a halfway decent performance out of him.

Has anybody ever stretched one good movie and a famous mom into such a long career as Kate Hudson has?

Take away Almost Famous and Goldie and Hudson would have a career in B-movies.

She's terrible, always has been.

Just watched Gran Torino. What a great film, I'm definitely buying it when it's out on DVD.

I really want to see that.

I'm going to see Bride Wars this weekend. It looks cute, and I really like Anne Hathaway.

I probably will too, but only for Hathaway. I'm fairly confident it will be awful, Hudson has become the absolute kiss of death.

I wasn't expecting a lot and I enjoyed it immensely. I love Gleeson and Fiennes to death, that helped. Of course Farrell is limited...this is the first time he's been good in anything, to my recollection. Even Oliver couldn't get a halfway decent performance out of him.

Not true. He's great in Tigerland (the movie that broke him). He's also quite good in Phone Booth imo, seeing as how the whole movie is basically him in a phone booth. I just don't think he was doing parts that would make him look good the last few years. He was also quite good in Cassandra's Dream which also came out last year.