Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else looking forward to Toy Story 3 as much as I am?

It's Toy Story, how can anyone not be excited?

I went to see Toy Story 2 in 3D yesterday, brought back so many memories. It was brilliant. Must've been odd to see two 20 year olds laughing in the cinema more than the kids!

Edited by Conor

I went to see Toy Story 2 in 3D yesterday, brought back so many memories. It was brilliant. Must've been odd to see two 20 year olds laughing in the cinema more than the kids!

Because we have a more "refined" sense of humor.

Toy Story 3 will hopefully be amazing.

Odder is go to see Looking for Nemo (I don´t know the english name of the movie) with my children and finish crying (I´m 33)...

Pathetic but couldn´t avoid it ... :(

I'm rooting for A Serious Man and The Hurt Locker in the Best Picture category. 2009 was a pretty boring year for film, at least compared to '08 and '07.

Wow. I agree with Lithium.

Yes, normally i go to cinema three or four times per year cause i only goes when i´m really interested in a movie. Last year only wento to cinema two times... except Avatar not other film made me enjoy at all ...

Edited by karlossacanell

How come there are 10 movies nominated for Best Picture instead of 5? Avatar doesn't deserve to win the Oscar in my opinion, it should only win in technical categories.

Oh, and I also agree with Lith.

Didn´t like Avatar? I think is a great movie not only for the 3D or the technical but also because the argument... is like an analogy of the imperialism and colonialism

How come there are 10 movies nominated for Best Picture instead of 5? Avatar doesn't deserve to win the Oscar in my opinion, it should only win in technical categories.

Didn´t like Avatar? I think is a great movie not only for the 3D or the technical but also because the argument... is like an analogy of the imperialism and colonialism

And the story has been done better in previous films several times. It was not the best picture this year.

And the story has been done better in previous films several times. It was not the best picture this year.

At least for best technical effects film?

:question:

At least for best technical effects film?

:question:

Oh yeah definately. If it doesnt win technical effects it will be a travesty.

There are people who don't/won't like or admit to liking Avator even if they actually enjoyed it. Since it is a big money movie, by a famous director, and it is going to be the highest grossing movie of all time . . . . that means a certain population of people will automatically dislike it (even if they secretly enjoyed it).

I'm rooting for A Serious Man and The Hurt Locker in the Best Picture category. 2009 was a pretty boring year for film, at least compared to '08 and '07.

Wow. I agree with Lithium.

I love you too.

For the first time ever, I agree with Lithium as well.

Daybreakers were good...not awesome by any means, but as a lot of people have said, its the "Anti-Twilight"

For the upcoming remake ,thinking about watching all the NOES movies , possibly together with some friends and girlfriend who havent seen a single one.

The problem with seeing Avatar for the second time, in my case, was that it made me realise just how boring the storyline actually is and just how bland some of the characters are, it's still incredible to look at but since I had seen it already I focused on watching it more as a film and, if I'm honest, there were times when I started to doze off.

I still maintain that with a better and more involving story line with more character exploration that could of been one of the best films of the past decade.

There are people who don't/won't like or admit to liking Avator even if they actually enjoyed it. Since it is a big money movie, by a famous director, and it is going to be the highest grossing movie of all time . . . . that means a certain population of people will automatically dislike it (even if they secretly enjoyed it).

For fuck's sake, Apollo. Are you implying that some of us won't admit we liked Avatar because we believe in some kind of Hollywood conspiracy?

I think the most important thing in a movie is the storyline, and Avatar storyline was lame. I don't care how much it cost, if it had great special effects or if it was filmed by the most successful director in the world. Sometimes the simpler, the better.

For fuck's sake, Apollo. Are you implying that some of us won't admit we liked Avatar because we believe in some kind of Hollywood conspiracy?

I think the most important thing in a movie is the storyline, and Avatar storyline was lame. I don't care how much it cost, if it had great special effects or if it was filmed by the most successful director in the world. Sometimes the simpler, the better.

I liked both the storyline and special effects

Opinions are like ass... everybody has their own... :P

In fairness to Apollo I have met people who will instantly dislike a Hollwood blockbuster simply on account of the fact that it is a Hollywood blockbuster. They may well secretly love the film but their distorted sense of film morals will mean they will never admit to it. It's a stupid viewpoint to have but people will hold onto it for as long as they can.

Since we are on the subject of Avatar and Best Picture http://www.totalfilm.com/features/10-reasons-why-avatar-will-win-best-picture